• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Tommi has no clear shot at any of the enemy, who are caught in the bottleneck. He shifts his position, and tries to get a clear shot at the Shaman. The shaman's eyes are too focused, so he looks to the War leader instead: he's looking elsewhere. If Tommi thinks he has a shot, he takes it.

OOC: Move: to X34.
Attack: Against the war leader at X30 since he's adjacent to Vairar (so SA will apply). He's firing past Vairar, and so I am guessing that counts as 1/2 cover (+2 AC; maybe more?). Won't send in Oh-Six to the cluster for advantage.
1d20+7=16. Likely a miss.

You have stats for enemies in DMs post
War Leader Noryeghu AC16 HP 58/90 PP14* so 16 is a hit (if there are no modifiers)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
In the other room, Lionel is scared of the red wizard and what he potentially can do to all of his friends. Escella does not seem to like him either as she taunts him and lets her magic loose. He loads his crossbow and fire another quarrel. He then runs towards and out of the door. He doesn't want to be trapped inside this room for longer than necessary.

Action: Crossbow attack, plus damage and sneak attack: 1D20+7 = [16]+7 = 23
1D8+4+3D6 = [8]+4+[5, 3, 5] = 25, with Insightful Fighting still applicable from post #3,144.
Move: to W34.
Bonus Action: Dash to Z36.
Reaction: Uncanny Dodge, if hit by an attack Lionel can see.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Escella understood that the Red Wizard had been nearby during her ordeal with the gnolls, and she sent two bolts of force at him in her vengeful fury. He staggered under the blow, and Morgan, who was busy casting a spell directly from his spellbook, noticed that Theggar had his talisman protruding from a pocket in his robes.

The wizard staggered under the eldritch onslaught, but he brought up a hand, as if he was about to cast a terrible spell. But Lionel, who was quite frightened of him, shot him in the chest with a crossbow quarrel. The wizard gasped mid-syllable, and fell face first hard onto his desk before knocking over a chair and slumping to the floor.

OOC: Yup. 21 from Escella and 25 from Lionel will do Theggar in. Morgan's got Mage Armour on and can grab his talisman. I will be back to do the other room. @tglassy, I think Titus still needs to go, though!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Actually both @tglassy Titus & @Neurotic Lunn need to go. C'mon guys! I know I've been slow to post, but it gets even slower when YOU don't post! I'm going to roll the round anyway so the people that have been waiting don't need to wait even longer.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn steps forward, his inner rage raising at the sight of the offensive magic. He ignores the big warrior for the moment. The magic surrounding them is dangerous, he saw it several times with the elf priest. While it wasn't elves this time, the effect is maybe even worse than spirits of the elves.

Bonus: neurotic: D8#rageeffect → 77#Rage effect
Flowers and vines temporarily grow around you; until your rage ends, the ground within 15 feet of you is difficult terrain for your enemies.
Move: step forward
Action: hits AC 25 for 10 and AC 15 for 8
neurotic: D20 + 6#lunnattackvsshaman → 25(19 + 6)#Lunn attack vs shaman
neurotic: D8 + 3#lunndamage1 → 10(5 + 3+2)#Lunn damage 1
neurotic: D20 + 6#lunnattack2vsshaman → 15(9 + 6)#Lunn attack 2 vs shaman
neurotic: D8 + 3#lunndamage2 → 8(3 + 3+2)#Lunn damage 2

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Vairar shouldered Lunn and thrust his pike at the shaman, who howled as the pike's magic opened a severe wound in her abdomen. Her spirit-hyenas were tearing at Lunn and Vairar, but the shaman lost concentration, and they twisted out of existence. As the shaman staggered, Lunn shoved his way onto the damaged bridge and struck her with his axe, nearly knocking her down.

There was so much going on in the narrow space, that Tommi was unable to find a target with his sling stone. It struck a part of the archway and tumbled to the floor. He could just make out Titus, who rode his horse under the bridge while climbing up onto the saddle. For a moment, it looked as if Titus would fall off his horse, but as he lost his footing, he leaped into the air and grabbed a piece of the bridge's broken wall. He dangled for a brief moment, struggling to pull himself up, but his resolve was steady and he hauled himself to his feet behind the gnolls.

The big gnoll war chief brought an axe down on Lunn, smashing the half-orc again and again. Lunn stumbled, looking like he was down, and the big gnoll turned on Vairar, snapping his jaws at the elf's head and neck while the wounded shaman called encouraging obscenities. The shaman may have lost her guardains, but she chanted and summoned a vicious-looking hyena who leaped on Vairar from behind and tried to drag the beleagured elf to the ground.

The dwarves stayed behind their table and fired quarrels from their crossbows. As Vairar ducked low with the weight of the hyena on his back, Helgrim was able to put a quarrel into the gnoll war chief's shoulder.

OOC: Vairar did 24 & Lunn did 18 to shaman; Lunn took 18 from Noryeghu's axe, which ought to knock him to 0HP. I assume that being a half-orc, he winds up at 1? At any rate, Noryeghu bit Vairar for 15 (actually depends: is Vairar's AC 18 or 20? Same goes for the summoned Hyena, who bites Vairar for 26 (or 12, if AC is 20) if Vairar's AC is only 18, I think he's down. Of course, I didn't see saves for 1/2 damage from either Lunn or Vairar from the Spirit Guardians, which might put you both at more HP. Helgrim did 7 to Noryeghu.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Phylund Lodge Top Floor
1689540596040.png

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Table; Visibility: Dim (Braziers); Bright (daylight) on Bridge; Cover: Chairs, Table, Railing; Spells: None
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Escella AC14 HP 33/33 HD 3/6 PP18 SSdc13 1/4 1/3 0/2 SP 5/5 C:ER
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 6/6 PP14
Lunn AC18* HP 1?/71 HD 3/6 PP14* RGdc15 1/3 MA 3/3 BM 3/3
Morgan AC12(15) HP 32/32 HD 6/6 PP11 PI17 SSdc15 0/4 0/3 0/3 AW 0/16
Titus AC17/19* HP 58/58 HD 6/6 PP9 2W 3/3 AS 1/1
Tommi AC14 HP 36/39 HD 6/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 0?/45 HD 4/6 PP13* SSdc14 4/4 1/3 2/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* SSdc13 1/3 fly60'
Grottur AC13 HP 16/19 HD 0/3 PP13*
Helgrim AC19 HP 56/58 HD 3/6 PP11*
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs) Upstairs
Red Wizard (Thegger) AC15 HP 0/58 dead
War Leader Noryeghu AC16 HP 51/90 PP14*
The White Shaman AC15 HP 7/65 PP14* SSdc12 5/6 C: SpGrds
Gnolls dead
GM: Begin Round Three.

Dr. Morgan Wells
Race: Human
HP: 32/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 16/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

There wasn't much time.

Morgan bent down to grab his Talisman of Protection from the dead wizard and ran out the door. His instinct was to check the wizard for a pulse but he was worried many more people would go down if he didn't move outside to help.

Running out the door, he saw the shaman and, conjuring another ghostly hand, it reached out for the gnoll and wrapped its cold fingers around the creature's furry neck. Where the hand touched, skin and fur and flesh died, blood congealed instantly and the Shaman gurgled and slumped to the ground.

Grab my spell Talisman (spell focus).
Checking to see if Wizard is dead.

Move out the door behind Tommi (X35)
Chill touch on shaman: 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26 (hit)
chill touch damage: 2D8 = [7, 6] = 13

That kills the shaman, if his hp was only 7.

I will use a reaction to absorb up to 16 points of damage (arcane Ward) to anyone within 30 feet who might get hit by the gnoll this round.

Last edited:

Remove ads