• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Lionel asked Tommi and Helgrim to join him downstairs to fix the doors. They needed to rest and wait until Vairar would wake up again, and the place would need to be secured.

tglassy

Adventurer
As Lionel left the dead wizard behind and entered the other room, Escella squeezed past and shot the large gnoll. Tommi and Lunn had already attacked the remaining gnalls and before Lionel could take aim, the last of the gnolls fell. He walked over to Vairar to see if he could do anything to the fallen priest. Morgan seemed to be very good and managed to staunch the open wounds.
Lionel looked up and saw Titus for the first time. Hi, Titus! It seemed like ages ago since he last saw his friend but it was probably just a few days ago. Good to see you again. What are you doing here? Coming in to rescue us in the last minute, eh? he says smiling.

“That was the plan! Unfortunately it appears I wasn’t needed after all. Oh well. I’m here now, and that’s all that matters. My mind has been…somewhat ravaged by my encounter with, well, whoever it was. Much of my memory is full of holes, and the last few days i remember almost nothing, but I do remember which side I am on. Just point me in the direction of those who need a good thrashing, and I’ll be on it!”

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi nods at Lionel. "I can help, sure. But shouldn't we ake sure there's no one else down this passageway? These..." He gestures at the corpses of the shaman and the war leader on the floor, unsure what to call them.

"These creatures came from along here, from the connecting building. There's as much threat from there." He climbs over the bodies, and with practiced hand quickly rummages their belts and anything else they might be carrying.

Escella spotted the dead shaman and stared at it for a moment. Slowly she walked toward it and Tommi finished rummaging through it pockets, she gives the corpse a kick to the head. She takes a deep breath and turns away from the corpse. "I don't think we can go exploring the other building with a man down. It's not like we can him carry along with us."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"A few good whacks an' that bridge will be doon!" said Helgrim, shaking his axe as an offer to do the job. "Then th' beasties can stay acrooss there (if there're any left attull)."

Dr. Morgan Wells
Race: Human
HP: 32/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 16/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

“I just need some time to go through my book and then I can magically seal the doors. The spell consumes 25 gold for each portal though, and I don’t have anything. Let’s move Vrair to the Wizard’s bed.”

Short rest????

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"There's another room doon here." said Grottur, looking southward while helping to seal entrances. "Nae one's there, but it looks t'be a master's chamber."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn responds to Grottur, but doesn't waver in his guarding of the bridge.
"If there's space enough for us and windows to keep guard, it is good enough. We need rest. And when the priest wakes up maybe he can heal us some more before we rest, just in case."

OOC: @MetaVoid, wild magic barbarian can restore some spell slots if you need it

Dr. Morgan Wells
Race: Human
HP: 32/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 16/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

"Sounds like a fine plan. Could somebody check it out to make sure there's no traps. In the meantime, I'm going to search the Thegar's room and collect his notes...and, maybe find my stuff....or a clean shirt. It might take 15 minutes. When it's clear, I'll help you move Vrair to the other room."

Morgan places the other torn half of his shirt and tucks it under Vrair's head to make him comfortable on the cold, hard stone floor. He stands up and, on his way to the room, and pats Titus on the back,

"Long time, no see, Titus, you look well. It's a Daggerford reunion"

I'm going to search the Wizard's notes, take his spell book and grab anything unusual or magical or important.
I'll spend time doing a thorough search. I'm also searching Thegar's body for money, spell components and potential magic items (jewelry, wands etc...)

Arcana and Investigation rolls, if necessary.
Arcana: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17
Investigation: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads