• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

Dr. Morgan Wells
Race: Human
HP: 32/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 16/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

Morgan was confident that this group would not let the Thayan Wizard leave alive. If they couldn't bring him in to Delphen for questioning, then Morgan wanted the man's research and any notes that related to what these Titan worshippers had planned.

He decided that, with the fighting outside and a desperate mage in here, he'd risk his spellbook.

He reached down to his tattered boots and ripped the buckle off. He opened his book and, holding up the strip of leather, he recited the incantation that was written there, trying to cast the spell, straight from the page.

The corner of the page began to fade from existence but, pouring his Power into his efforts, he willed the spell into existence, saving the page.

As the invisible shield of force settled over his body, he wrote a glyph of power in the air with his finger and silver runes appeared, like small planets, orbiting around him as if he were sun. While they faded from view, their power remained as an Arcane Ward.

He snapped the book closed and moved next to the desk where the halfling was holding the Wizard's spellbook.

- Item interaction to rip off a piece of leather from my boot

- Casting Mage Armour from the book:
Spellcaster check: spellcaster check: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19

- Using my reaction to activate Arcane Ward

- Moved to BP31

Last round I used my turn to Investigate the contents of the desk and locate my Talisman and any important notes or scrolls. That wasn't resolved yet. If there is anything of importance on the desk that I noticed last turn, I will spend my next turn collecting it. (assuming I'm not incapacitated or whatever.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Titus fired his hand crossbow at the gnoll warleader, grazing his cheek as the big gnoll struggled to maintain his footing on the unstable bridge. Then, Titus spurred Blaze forward, charging toward the bridge from underneath.

Meanwhile, in the room above, Helgrim and Grottur loaded their crossbows and used the room's big table for cover. They'd have liked to have gotten into the close-quarters scrum, but the space was narrow and already occupied by Lunn and Vairar. To make matters worse, the White Shaman had apparently summoned ghostly hyenas, who came to bite at Lunn and Vairar's legs.

OOC: Titus did 7 to Noryeghu; Dwarves missed; Lunn & Vairar will take 13 necrotic damage (dc12 WIS save for half) from Spirit Guardians.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Encounter: Phylund Lodge Top Floor
1687631971563.png

(General Features) Difficult Terrain: Table; Visibility: Dim (Braziers); Cover: Chairs, Table, Railing; Spells: Spirit Guardians (green hyenas)
Name * AC * HP * Hit Dice * PasPrc * Spells * (Notes)
(PCs)
Escella AC14 HP 33/33 HD 3/6 PP18 SSdc13 3/4 1/3 0/2 SP 4/5 C:ER
Helgrim AC19 HP 56/58 HD 3/6 PP11* SDdc15 2/5d8 2W 1/1 AS 1/1
Lionel AC16 HP 51/51 HD 6/6 PP14
Lunn AC18* HP 14/71 HD 3/6 PP14* RGdc15 1/3 MA 3/3 BM 3/3
Morgan AC12(15) HP 32/32 HD 6/6 PP11 PI17 SSdc15 0/4 0/3 0/3 AW 0/16
Titus AC17/19* HP 58/58 HD 6/6 PP9 2W 3/3 AS 1/1
Tommi AC14 HP 36/39 HD 6/6 PP17
Vairar AC18*(20*) HP 37/45 HD 4/6 PP13* SSdc14 4/4 1/3 2/3
(NPCs)
Oh-Six AC13(18) HP 22/22 HD 4/4 PP15(20)* SSdc13 1/3 fly60'
Grottur AC13 HP 16/19 PP13*
Name * AC * HP * PP * (Notes)
(BGs) Upstairs
Red Wizard (Thegger) AC15 HP 29/58 PP12 BC2/2 MA1/2 Ho2/2 Inv2/2 Wb2/2 SU1/1
War Leader Noryeghu AC16 HP 58/90 PP14*
The White Shaman AC15 HP 49/65 PP14* SSdc12 5/6 C: SpGrds
Gnolls AC13 HP 22ea PP13*
-Gn1 0/22; Gn2 0/22; Gn3 0/22;
GM: Begin Round Two

OOC: Sorry the round-roller took so long. I have Morgan's R2 turn above.

"You look at me like I'm a specimen, a curiosity. You were there when the shaman experimented on me, weren't you?" Escella says. "Yet, you did nothing. They say kindness begets kindness. What you've done begets this." She launches a pair of Eldritch Blasts at the wizard. "This pain is nothing compared to what I've endured while you did nothing. I hope whatever gods you've ever prayed to ignore your pain as well."

EDIT: Uses a bonus action to turn a 1st level spell into a spell point. She has 5 sp now and only 1 first level spell slot left.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi has no clear shot at any of the enemy, who are caught in the bottleneck. He shifts his position, and tries to get a clear shot at the Shaman. The shaman's eyes are too focused, so he looks to the War leader instead: he's looking elsewhere. If Tommi thinks he has a shot, he takes it.

OOC: Move: to X34.
Attack: Against the war leader at X30 since he's adjacent to Vairar (so SA will apply). He's firing past Vairar, and so I am guessing that counts as 1/2 cover (+2 AC; maybe more?). Won't send in Oh-Six to the cluster for advantage.
1d20+7=16. Likely a miss.

Remove ads