D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin chuckled at the feline as he waved to a group of people he recognized from his time working the marketplace.

"We're looking for the other goblins from the other night to see how many there are and where they are hiding. Maybe even to clear them out."

OOC: Just putting it out there, don't think anyone wants to step on toes. I think we'd all be up for going in to clear out those hobgobs, but need to hear about it from Enseth first.

Squirrels are evil!

Fradak

Explorer
"Good Job ORB1!"

Taking out a sheet of paper, "It is said that a picture speaks a thousand words so give me a minute to draw ORB1 environmental analysis report." And using his ink finger, Enseth draws a map.

"Here it is. I know, it's not very accurate but I don't have the time to make a multi-dimensional perspective view. It should be sufficient. "

Map(4).jpg

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
in77df.jpg

Angis Honack
Daggerford
Morning
Round 0

Angis growled a bit at the report Enseth gave them. “Let’s stop at one o’ the burnt ‘omesteads an’ see if we cannae find these bugbears tha’ are creepin’ aboot an’ causin’ trouble,” he suggested to the others. “Then take care o’ those orcs an’ see wot the elves ‘ave t’ say, if they’ve been ‘avin’ any troubles.”

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 2/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Lionel Hardcheese - halfling rogue folk hero, son of the local tavern owner (Happy Cow)
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Snake of Trees - tabaxi sorcerer outlander
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human fighter waterdhavian noble
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Around two and a half hours after leaving Daggerford, the group found themselves amongst farms and houses that had been raided a few days before. The goblins had burnt a few, though not all, of the houses. Word was, from the locals who had fled inland (then returned), that the goblins had taken many prisoners but had killed only those who resisted. The hearty folk were already beginning the task of rebuilding.

It was clear that the goblins had not raided very far from the river. But as they approached the farmstead that ORB1 had indicated, things were perhaps a little different. This farm had a large wheat field - large enough to keep it isolated from it's neighbours. As the group approached, Enseth and Titus sent ORB1 and Morwin ahead, the blue-winged cat chasing the strange metallic sphere.

A sign on it's gate made Dandin and Tommi realise that they knew of the place: Gellar's Golden Ales. Arden Gellar occasionally sold wheat ale at the Daggerford market. Dandin sometimes had a neighbouring booth, and Tommi had drank his share of the ale. Gellar had come from Goldenfields (in the north) and he brewed his own variant of the Goldengulp that was the staple beer of that place.

Dandin knew that Gellar was successful enough to have at least a dozen hands to work the farm and the brewery - but there was no one. No activity on the fields, nor among the smaller, closer outlying buildings - a goat's barn and some worker's quarters.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"This is Gellar's place," said Tommi. "Lionel would always boast about how he could sneak in and out of this place and never be detected." He pauses to think, as the cat and the sphere investigated.

"I suspect we could approach quietly through the fields. If it would help, I can go up first, or lead the way if we want to stick together," he offers. "Or there's the main road. The quiet is unsettling."

eayres33

Explorer
Snake nodded his head when Tommi was talking, “I like that plan, direct and to the point. It’s easy to follow.”

“Sometimes it’s a problem when things get too complicated and there are too many ins and too many outs. You get thinking about one thing and . . . . “Snake stopped as he watched the grass move on the side of the room and a rodent pops its head out.

Snake lowered his body to pounce at the rodent when he stopped and stood up straitening his cloak. “Sorry I got distracted, what were we talking about . . . oh yeah, keep it simple.”

“We are safer together, most of the time.” Snake added with a slightly confused look.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I'll go with you, better to have a friend along in case things get hairy."

Dandin finished off his 4th apple of the ride, and gave one to Hanar as he tied the reigns to a nearby fence-post.

Squirrels are evil!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
in77df.jpg

Angis Honack
Daggerford
Morning
Round 0

“Aye, guid ale ‘e ‘as,” Angis said. “I dunnae like the quiet, either. Let’s stay t’gether an’ approach through the fields, find oot wot’s wot.”

Angis drew his axes and disappeared into the tall wheat.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Stealth: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7
Bonus Action:
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 2/2d10+2

Bolts used:

Spells
1) 2/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Lionel Hardcheese - halfling rogue folk hero, son of the local tavern owner (Happy Cow)
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Snake of Trees - tabaxi sorcerer outlander
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Titus - human fighter waterdhavian noble
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi sees the Dwarf head into the field. A decision has been made. He dashes ahead, so that he will be able to stop Angis before he would be seen from the brewery.

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth follows the action from a distance via ORB1´s eye. And using the drone as a conduit, he casts Guidance on Tommi.

Remove ads