• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun/Forest/The Bump
Morning
Round 0

Angis moved out to the edge of the brush and fired his crossbow at the goblin on the worg’s back, whispering the magic to give himself keen aim on the goblin’s vitals. Unfortunately his bolt went wide, frittering into the foliage.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move: Move to J21
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Heavy crossbow: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11
1D10+1D6+1 = [4]+[1]+1 = 6

Bonus Action: Cast Hunter’s Mark
Conditions:
Concentration: Hunter’s Mark
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 22/22 HD: 1/2d10+2

Bolts: 14
Bolts used: 1

Spells
1) 0/2 Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Find goblins
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus, shaking himself from his stupor, finds himself at the back of the group as the fighting starts.

So he improvised. He runs to the clearing to the north, in clear view of the bad guys, and calls out in Sylvan, “Over here, you mother loving dogs!” He draws his sword and readies himself for their attack. If he can draw their attention, that will help the others.

(Dodge action)

Fradak

Explorer
Enseth casts Bless on himself, Titus and Angis before moving out of the bushes.

OOC: Action: Bless
Movement: beside Angis.
Reaction: Shield (19-23)

[sblock=Statblock]HP: 14/14 HD:0/1d8 - 1/1d6
AC: 19 (21 Shield of Faith, 24 Shield, 26 both)
PP: 14
=============
Arcane Devices: Tier 1: 2/3
Concentration: Bless
Active Spell: Bless
War Priest: 1/2
Arcane Recovery: 0/1
=============
Setup
Darts: 20/20
Javelins: 4/5
Caltrops: 100/100
Health Potions: 0
Coins: 198 gp, 9 sp.
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi, & Dandin

As Tommi's stone hurtled into the underbrush, Dandin began to sing a lullaby and the two goblins who were harassing the prisoners slumped to the ground, sinking into a deep slumber. The closest Worg to them, who was resting under a tree, yawned and stretched, but it got up and shook its rough hide. Further away, the other resting Worg also rose to its feet and stretched.

Angis, Titus & Enseth

While Enseth blessed himself, Angis, and Titus, Angis fired his crossbow. His quarrel went wide as the goblin yelled and his Worg rushed forward, spotting Titus as he rushed out of the bushes. Titus taunted the goblin as the Worg rushed toward him, and he deftly stepped to the side as the goblin leaned down and slashed a particularly long sabre-like sword at him.

GM: Just [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION] to go!
Damage Taken
(BGs) None
(PCs) None
[Sblock=Rolls]
Goblin3 vs Titus with disadvantage (I won't even bother rolling the second attack.)
Attack: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Encounter: Goblin Worgriders

End Round One; Begin Round Two

GM: I may not have mentioned the bushes you are in are difficult terrain and provide basic cover. You may not have moved as far as you intended.
[sblock=Party]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Angis (H23) AC14 HP 22/22 *HD 1/2
Dandin (H26) AC14(16) HP 13/13
Drui (E22) AC16* HP 18/18 *HD 1/2
Enseth (I23) AC19* HP 14/14 *HD 1/2
Morwin (J17) AC12 HP 5/5
ORB2 (G25) AC11 HP 1/1
Titus (E20) AC18* HP 20/20
Tommi (M27) AC14 HP 15/15 *HD 1/2
[/sblock]
[sblock=Prisoners]
Woman (R8) AC10 HP 3/4 Exhaustion2
Man1 (M6) AC10 HP 5/6 Exhaustion1
Man2 (O7) AC10 HP 2/4 Exhaustion2
Man3 (P5) AC10 HP 2/5 Exhaustion2
Man4 (S7) AC10 HP 3/4 Exhaustion1
Man5 (P9) AC10 HP 1/4 Exhaustion3
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Enemies]
Goblin1 (P10) Asleep
Goblin2 (S13) Asleep
Goblin3 (F20)
Worg1 (Q16R17)
Worg2 (Y18Z19)
Worg3 (F20G21)
[/sblock]

Bump2.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Drui & Titus

Drui and Titus flanked the Worg with the goblin rider while Morwen scratched at its face. They thumped and slashed at it while the goblin held on as the Worg snapped its powerful jaws at Titus, pushing its nose past his shield and chomping hard.

GM: I forgot to resolve Drui's attack, so I did here, but [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], you can have him go again right away.
Damage Taken
(BGs) Worg3 11 & 8
(PCs) Titus 13
[Sblock=Rolls]
Worg3 vs Titus
Attack: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
2D6+3 = [6, 4]+3 = 13

[/sblock]

Archon Basileus

First Post
As the creature presses on against Titus, Drui profits from the opportunity and swings the hammer once more, spinning it and bringing it against the thing's flank.

After the shock, he spins the hammer back in position, bending the knees and rising the shield as he observes the beast. A long smile runs through his face, imperceptible to him, but visible to others, as he stares at the goblin. He's actually learning to enjoy this, perhaps under some divine influence or because of the thrill his companions have granted so far, or maybe simply because of the cruelty the greenskins have sported over the prisoners.

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=209250
1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=209251
1D8+3 = [4]+3 = 7

[OOC: There we go! Fitz, I think I'm at 17 Hit Points, not 18. I even joked about burning my last die to reach 18 last time we rested. Unless I missed something... ;)]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Tommi moves north, and when he gets a clean shot of the warg with the rider, he takes it. He then drops to all fours, as if ready to start a sprint, and tries to hide in the tall grass.

OOC: 30' movement north
Attack: [roll0], with [roll1] (with Sneak Attack) bludgeoning if a hit.
Bonus: Stealth to Hide [roll2].

Remove ads