D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Tommi & Enseth vs Goblin3, 4, & 5 and (surprise!) Giant Viper1

Tommi rushed around the pillar and across the room, careful to jump over a sleeping goblin. He wedged himself between to bunks and flung a sling-stone into the back of a goblin's head. The goblin slumped forward, dead, and Enseth was free to pursue the goblins down the long hallway.

The big shield guardian thumped after them, slamming one into the wall hard and knocking it out cold. The one next to it shrieked, terrified, and swiped at Enseth, scratching his shield.

Then Enseth's ocular sensors detected movement on his right, and he shone his head-lamp into the dark room beyond the hallway. The large square room held more bunks, but it's main feature was that it contained a large well. Coming around the well were two enormous serpents. One rushed toward him, side-winding back and forth as it towered above him and struck, biting at his metal hide ineffectually.

GM: I tend to want to knock monsters out when they are reduced to exactly zero and kill them when there's any extra damage.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Goblin3 11; Goblin4 2; Goblin5 7 (Unconscious)
(PCs) None; (NPCs) None
[Sblock=Rolls]Goblin4 vs Enseth (miss)
Attack: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=219520
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4

GiantViper1 vs Enseth (Pang!)
Attack: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=219518
1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7
3D6 = [5, 6, 3] = 14

[/sblock]

Fradak

Explorer
"My apologies, I haven't been made from edible material." said Enseth, arming his fist for the next assault.

"Oh, I just made a joke! I should tell Dandin about this."
he thought in a background process.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun
Afternoon
Round 4

“Well, we’ve kicked the hornet nest,” Angis said. Enseth and the others ran down the hall after the fleeing goblins, but Angis went over to the burning mattress and tossed it onto the stone floor, stamping out the fire. No sense burning the place down around their ears while they were still fighting in it.

“Did I ‘ear chantin’?” And it sounded like Enseth had found something else.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Put out fire.
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 24/31 HD: 3/d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 3/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Everyone around me is dead, yes?

Titus chases after Enseth. He wasn’t going to get there in time to prevent the remaining goblin from attacking, so he slid his sword into its sheath and pointed his hand at the goblin as he ran. Noreen flew from his coat as he neared the goblin, distracting it and giving Titus an opening. He felt the strange power within, and unleashed it.

Eldritch Blast: [roll0] or [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dandin, Averiel & Tarthegal

Dandin suggested moving one of the bunks to block potential goblin reinforcements. Averiel and Tarthegal immediately dropped their weapons and leapt to the task. Dumping a goblin corpse on the floor they dragged the heavy triple-bunked wooden bed across the hallway next to the hearth.

Angis

As Titus ran off to assist Enseth, he left a straw bunk behind him on fire from his burning blade. Angis rushed over and dumped the mattress, stamping it out in a smoky haze.

GoblinGambler2

Unnoticed by all, one of the goblins that had been put to sleep by Dandin's spell had awoken, and the sneaky creature crawled under the table out of sight.

OOC: I am letting you know this in case you spot him. His stealth is dc16 if anyone (in particular Angis, who is right near him, but also probably Dandin and the elves) wants to roll perception to notice him. I rolled for Ganalan, but totally botched it.

GM: Be back in a bit to resolve Titus and the Round.
Damage Taken:
(BGs) None; (PCs) None; (NPCs) None
[Sblock=Rolls]
GoblinGambler2 stealth check
_: 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16

Ganalan Perception vs sneaky goblin (fail)
_: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Angis Honack
Julkoun
Afternoon
Round 4

Perception: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21

“Oy, mate!” Angis said, turning and kicking over the table the goblin was trying to hide under. “You thinkin’ o’ stickin’ somethin’ sharp an’ pointy in me bum? ‘Cause I dunnae gae tha’ way.” He threatened the goblin with one of his axes.

OOC: Doubt I have any actions left this round, so mostly just RP.

[sblock=Angis’ Actions]
Save:
Move:
Free Object Interaction:
Action: Put out fire.
Bonus Action:
Horde Breaker:
Reaction: Absorb Elements or Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Initiative: +1
Perception: +4
Speed: 25
AC: 14
HP: 24/31 HD: 3/d10+2

Bolts: 15
Bolts used:

Spells
1) 3/3 Absorb Elements, Cure Wounds, Hunter’s Mark
4/4 Boon of the Elk. Can cast Knock four times (without the loud sound) as an Action. Until he uses the last one, non-good aligned Fey count among his Favoured Enemies.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Stop at Julkoun and ask about Estor the priest for Hadesha, the priestess of Chauntea in Daggerford. DEAD
Find out the fate of the storyteller Findledan (Jester’s Pride tavern) for the dryad Oyfanen outside Julkoun.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Tommi - human rogue urban bounty hunter
Dandin - halfling bard guild merchant
Enseth - warforged war cleric shield guardian
Angis Honack - dwarven ranger outlander merchant
Drui Holderhock - dwarven cleric of Tempus soldier
Titus - human Waterdhavian noble fighter
[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Titus & Morwin

By the time Angis had revealed the sneaking goblin, Titus had run off down the long hallway, sending his familiar ahead of him. The tressym destracted a goblin while Titus' newfound eldritch power struck the ruffian with a deadly force.

Goblin6 & 12, Gabulla the Shaman

Enseth's head-lamp revealed two enormous serpents vying for a position to bite at the shield-guardian. Beyond them, two cowardly goblins slung stones which scattered down the hallway, and a female goblin shaman fired a blob of acid. The blob splattered over Enseth's shield, spraying him and ORB2 with corrosive goo. She took cover behind a large well.

Ganalan

The young elf Ganalan rolled off of the top bunk and fired two arrows down the long hall at one of the enormous serpents which wiggled and the arrows went past, clattering off of the stone of the well.

GM:
Damage Taken:
(BGs) Goblin4 10 (Dead)
(PCs) Enseth 6 acid; ORB2 1 acid (both can roll dc13 Dex saves to take nothing)
(NPCs) None
[Sblock=Rolls]
Goblin6 & 12 stones vs Enseth (miss)
Attack: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D4+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Enseth and ORB2 Acid Splash from Gabulla
Attack: 1D6 = [6] = 6
1D6 = [1] = 1

Ganalan vs Snake1
Attack: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D8+1 = [1]+1 = 2
1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10
1D8+1 = [1]+1 = 2

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Location: North Cellars Bunkroom Encounter: Goblins, Goblin Shaman, Giant Vipers

End Round Four; Begin Round Five

GM:
[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP
Angis (L9) PP14* AC14 HP 24/31 HD 3/3
Dandin (D7) PP14 AC14 HP 18/18 HD 3/3
Enseth (U7) PP14 AC20* HP 22/22 WARD 3/6 HD 3/3 (possible 6 damage)
Morwin (T6) PP15* AC12 HP 5/5
ORB2 (T8) PP13* AC11 HP 1/1 (possible 1 damage; broken?)
Titus (R7) PP11 AC18* HP 27/27 HD 3/3
Tommi (P5) PP14 AC14 HP 21/21 HD 3/3
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
Averiel (C9) PP15* AC14 HP 21/27
Ganalan (N8) PP11* AC14 HP 13/13
Tarthagal (C6) PP15* AC13 HP 18/22
[/sblock]
[Sblock=Enemies (BGs)]
*GoblinBoss1 (I6) HP less 10 (Asleep)
GoblinGambler2 (J7) HP less 4
*Goblin3 (P7) HP less 17 (Dead)
*Goblin4 (U6) HP less 18 (Dead)
*Goblin5 (V6) HP less 7 (Unconscious)
Goblin6 (AA4)
Goblin12 (AD9)
New
Gabulla (Shaman) (AD6)
Giant Viper1 (V7W8)
Giant Viper2 (X6Y7)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map] bunk4.png
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Titus’ sword lights up again as Morwin continues to distract his opponent, flying around the serpent’s face. Titus swings again.

[roll0] or [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

1 Fire Damage to nearby serpent.

Remove ads