• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Skeleton Quest - Origins

Legildur

First Post
Joe's eyes would have widened, if he only had some, when the axe trap fell. Relieved that it wasn't him, he suredly follows the others into the next room and looks down the stairs to the first landing (ooc: that's NOT going down the stairs, only looking).

Ferrix

Explorer
Cass let out a giggle as the blade came slicing down, he figured as much, might as well let the others blunder on ahead. He takes up the rear cautiously.

Eluvan

First Post
If Ilsthyr still had eyebrows, somewhere deep in the shadow of his hood they would have risen. "The only door in - or out - held an unsprung trap? Curious... He doesn't voice his thoughts but merely waits patiently until most of the group have filed through the door. He's very happy to let these others be the first to blunder into any other trap they might come upon.

Pyrex

First Post
"Why would he lock himself in and trap the door? Rothorm ponders

"If someone killed him and left, how did they arm the trap on the inside of the door? I'm begininng to wonder if he didn't just die."

orbitalfreak

First Post
Damn, they're right. The rest of our area could be trapped, and how was this trap left unsprung? Wish I had been able to think of these things... Averey muses, studying the floor. Feeling Brak's stare on his back, Averey marks the axe-weilding skeleton in his mind, He's one to watch out for.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Scorn stops in the centre of the room and turns to look at his companions "Based on the trapped and locked door, I'd say that's it's fair to assume that if someone did attack our creator, that they haven't penetrated this far into the complex, which means our creator either died a natural death, possibly a heart attack or he was attacked by magic or some sort"

"There are other possibly reasons for his death, but as our friendly wizard has refused to read the necessary tomes, we'll have to wait for some unspecified time for when it's convenient for him to do so"

"So working with what know so far, we have to assume that our creators lair is still riddled with traps, and possibly hostiles. As the only one with the ability to 'heal' any injuries we suffer I urge you to be careful in your investigation, therefore I suggest that any with the ability to detect and disarm mundane and magical traps step forward, once we know what skills are available to us we can work out a system whereby every door, chest container or hallway is checked at least twice for traps."

"Sure this is going to slow us down, but assuming our sentience isn't going to fade away anytime soon"
Scorn looks pointedly at Ilsthyr "we have eternity to do this"

"So lets break into groups, can everyone with the ability to detect and disarm traps group around the halfling, all those with offensive magical ability over here by the wizard, and can the remainder of you split into two group highlighting wether you are better at ranged or close combat"

"Once we're organised we'll pose a more credible threat to any hostiles we encounter"

Ferrix

Explorer
Cass looks up at Ilsthyr as if he was having the exact thought at the same time as the wizard, when Scorn however erupts into his tirade of party organization his eyes would have narrowed and his brow furrowed, had he had either, yet the skeletal bones of which he is made up of has little ability to portray such agitation.

Gesturing towards Brak, "well, he certainly had a knack for finding that trap, we can always let that one blunder on ahead."

Eluvan

First Post
"I agree," Ilsthyr concurs in his rasping tones. "It is plain that one has a talent. We should not stifle it."

D20Dazza

Explorer
"I'm an elf warrior and equally as adapt at melee and ranged fighting, where would you like me to stand?" Telamar asks Skorn, his hollow voice dripping with sarcasm.

WargamerX

First Post
Brak half listens to Scorn's speech, vaguely picking up something about "I can heal you if hurt". Thinking to himself, Need to keep that one around.

Turning to Ilsthyr, still cowering in the doorway.

Shouldn't you be READING?

Turning to Cass.

Midget. Do job. Look. Find traps. Go.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads