• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Strands of the Past

NarlethDrider

First Post
Lissara
As you study the desent of the road down into the ravine, you notice that, along the eastern side of the ravine wall (your left) that the deeping shadows hint at a possible recess within the wall some 40 yards away.

Vraz
You go into the woods on the Bitter Peaks side (east). Despite the thick undergrowth & the natural 'refuse' of dead leaves, pine needles. & other organic matter, you do manage to pick out several tracks--==its apparent that several deer moved through here in a hurry----& it appears that they were chased by something that left tracks similar to a bird, though something appears strange about the interior toe of both the left & right foot---there appears to be more than one 'bird' & it appears that some of their movements consisted of long jumps....

NarlethDrider

First Post
Caliber said:
Touching his headband, Jere concentrates for a moment, sending small filaments of magic into the skies overhead. Gazing up into the clouds Jere lets out a contented sigh as the wind brushes against his face.
Laughing, Jere glances about, searching for a good looking campsite nearby.
Better make sure the weather is going to hold for us. I'd hate to have everything spoiled by a sudden downpour ...

It does seem that it will be quite cool tonight & there is a slight 'hint' of rain

Samantha

First Post
NarlethDrider said:
Lissara
As you study the desent of the road down into the ravine, you notice that, along the eastern side of the ravine wall (your left) that the deeping shadows hint at a possible recess within the wall some 40 yards away.

If possible, before the hunters go out, and before I start to set up camp, I'll point that shadowed area out to Vraz and Chron, in case they want to check it out while hunting. I'll of course point it out to everyone else, too :)

Hodag

First Post
Samantha said:
If possible, before the hunters go out, and before I start to set up camp, I'll point that shadowed area out to Vraz and Chron, in case they want to check it out while hunting. I'll of course point it out to everyone else, too :)

On hearing that, Jhan will methodically put his armor back on, and will take up a position where he can observe the shadowed alcove.

NarlethDrider

First Post
Samantha said:

You would have time to do so before they got to far into the woods

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Vraz (male verrick Verrick 1/Wolf TW 3)

Vraz surveys the odd tracks with some curiousity, not entirely certain would be familiar with any predatory birds that might be in the area. Turning to Chron, he speaks softly:

"Do you recognize these tracks?"

Samantha said:
NarlethDrider said:
Lissara

After their time in the woods (whether the hunt was unsuccessful or not), Vraz returns and listens to Lissara's report carefully. With a silent nod, he stalks off into the shadowed ravine. As Arxis follows, Vraz turns to him and gives him a silent shake of the head. With a soft whine, the wolf obeys and sits, plopping himself in the middle of camp.

[OOC: Another Wilderness Survival check at +14 to examine tracks in the ravine. Also, please make a Knowledge (Nature) check at +2, to identify any/all tracks, both within and without of the ravine]

NarlethDrider

First Post
GoodKingJayIII said:
Vraz surveys the odd tracks with some curiousity, not entirely certain would be familiar with any predatory birds that might be in the area. Turning to Chron, he speaks softly:

"Do you recognize these tracks?"

"No."

After their time in the woods (whether the hunt was unsuccessful or not), Vraz returns and listens to Lissara's report carefully. With a silent nod, he stalks off into the shadowed ravine. As Arxis follows, Vraz turns to him and gives him a silent shake of the head. With a soft whine, the wolf obeys and sits, plopping himself in the middle of camp.

You are able to make out several older tracks of both small & 'regular-sized' humanoids, a small pack of wolves, & some impressions you believe to be made by some kind of multi-legged vermin.

More recent tracks (1 day old at most) include: a pack of rhodin led by one that is very large; more 'bird-like' prints; & more impressions you believe to be made by some kind of multi-legged vermin.

Caliber

Explorer
Grinning, Jere retracts his mind back from the clouds.

"The weathers looking fine, if perhaps a bit cold. Just the way I like it."

With a whistle he turns to helping Lissara setting up the camp before turning suddenly to the shadowed recess. Pausing for a moment, he reaches down and moves his crossbow closer before resuming setting up camp, albeit more subdued than before. When Vraz and Chron reapper from the woods, he sets about cooking the find.

All the while, however, he keeps an eye on the recess as they scout it out.

"So are we in for trouble now? Or are we all jumping at shadows and bunny rabbits?"

Last edited:

Hodag

First Post
Caliber said:
"So are we in for trouble now? Or are we all jumping at shadows and bunny rabbits?"

Jhan scowls and rubs his right cheek where his eyepatch chafes.

"Caution probably won't kill us, lack of caution probably will.

He spits on the ground, and sweeps the woods with his gaze, looking for anything out of place.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hodag said:
Caution probably won't kill us, lack of caution probably will.

Tass was listening attentively to the others. Normally cheery, Tass took on a grave look as he drew his two swords and flew off his dog Steve:

I don't have a good feeling about this, I'll go and check it out.

He flies away from the wagons, making small detours to make sure that if someone were watching him form the recess, they would loose sight of him [OCC: Bluff + 10]
He then flies high towards the recess to go and check if there is anything there. He lands before the recess and takes a look from the highest location he can land on. He is very careful not to make any noise as he gets closer to the recess. [OCC: Sneak + 18]

Last edited:

Remove ads