• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IC) Strands of the Past

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Vraz returns to the main camp.

"Rhodin tracks out there... more of those strange bird-tracks. Some kind of multi-legged creatures too. I didn't recognize them."

Propping his spear against the wagon, he draws his bow from its sheeth, slowly stringing it. Arxis plops himself down at his feet. The verrick crouches down to stroke the animal's black and grey fur.

"No signs of brigands at the moment. I believe Jhan has the right idea, however."

[OOC: Periodically make Spot/Listen checks, both at +11, to keep a watch around and outside of the camp.]

NarlethDrider

First Post
The bold sprite moves towards the recess, the first thing he notices is the tall, dry brush that is obviously piled in front of a discolored rockface whose appearance seems washed out compared to the rest of the ravine's walls. As the sprite studies the discolored rockface & the metallic green beetle that is crawling accross it, he is taken aback as part of the rockface seems to 'break open' as a crimson colored scorpion (the sprite figures it must be as big he is) lunges out & grabs the beetle in its claws & then retreats back into the rockface----the sprite notices that two of the scorpion's legs grab the 'open' pieces of the rockface & pull them back in.....

Caliber

Explorer
As Vraz delivers his news, Jere lets out a laugh.

"No rabbits then, just some chickens. Too bad they didn't stick around for dinner."

The threat no longer on his mind, Jere settles back to focusing on setting up the camp. Turning to the simmering food, Jere reaches down and murmurs a few words over the food.

"A little something for flavor." he adds turning to Lissara with a smile and a wink.

OOC:While cooking, Jere is going to enchant the food with two Enchanting Flavors (since each one only works for a meal sized for four people, and we have eight).

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Tass flies back to the camp as stealthily as he can:

This place is very dangerous. It's the land of Scaginor, the god of gigantic red genious scorpions. Steve, come closer, I want you to be careful. Steve, now is not the time to argue!

As he rolls his eyes looking at his dog, Tass briefs the group on what he saw.

I think we may be too close to the recess. We should be careful tonight.

Caliber

Explorer
"Don't worry Tass. Its a well known fact scorpions can't abide crossbow bolts. We're safe as long as we have this around."

Laughing at his own joke, Jere pats at the crossbow by his feet.

"Honestly though it sounds like your scorpion is happy to stay in his hole. And personally, I'm happy to leave him there. No need to be rousing the locals."

Hodag

First Post
Caliber said:
[
"Honestly though it sounds like your scorpion is happy to stay in his hole. And personally, I'm happy to leave him there. No need to be rousing the locals."

Jhan scowls again and takes another look down the ravine.

"Drankshunnu, Goddess of Stealthy Death in Forests, also holds sway here. Best to remain watchful."

He then returns to the main camp area and assists in setting up.

NarlethDrider

First Post
As the sprite comforts Steve the dog, he realizes something, when the scorpion came out, the 'flaps' of the washed out rock didnt look like rock at all; they were rather thin actually, & the 'interior' of the flaps looked more like the rough canvas material found around shipyards.....

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
NarlethDrider said:
As the sprite comforts Steve the dog, he realizes something, when the scorpion came out, the 'flaps' of the washed out rock didnt look like rock at all; they were rather thin actually, & the 'interior' of the flaps looked more like the rough canvas material found around shipyards.....

As Tass was scratching Steve's left ear, he suddently turned around and says loudly:

Thank Abnafakos, mighty lord of absent minded faen who fail to notice important details, and gives them fash-backs in times of danger, so they can better prepare for them!

Tass relates the vision Abnafakos gave him to the rest of the group.
Looking back at his dog:

Don't worry Steve, I promise Drankshunnu will not get us tonight.

Last edited:

Hodag

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
Tass relates the vision Abnafakos gave him to the rest of the group.
Looking back at his dog:

Jhan gives a feral grin and motions to Vraz, Chron, and Lissara to follow him, he then points at Tass and makes a large circular motion before pointing at the ravine. Drawing his sword he begins to creep into the ravine.

{OOC: +8 Sneak, +2 Listen and Spot}

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Hodag said:
Jhan gives a feral grin and motions to Vraz, Chron, and Lissara to follow him, he then points at Tass and makes a large circular motion before pointing at the ravine. Drawing his sword he begins to creep into the ravine.

{OOC: +8 Sneak, +2 Listen and Spot}

Nodding quietly in response, Vraz takes up his bow, staying a good thirty feet from the main group, following quietly.

[+10 to Sneak, +11 Listen/Spot checks]

Remove ads