[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

Forged Fury

First Post

With cat-like reflexes, Cal ducked the second of the bolts, fortunate the assassin had missed his first shot. Surprised at the hidden enemy, something that did not happen to the man often, he brought his blaster up.

OOC: Are we doing surprise different than in 5E? We all should have been allowed Perception checks (or at least had our passive perception checked against a stealth check) to avoid surprise from Parlex and there isn't a "Surprise" round anymore. We roll perception, anyone that beats Parlex's stealth check notices him and isn't surprised. We all roll initiative and act in order, including Parlex, save anyone who fails the Perception check as they are considered surprised. Yes, that means we could potentially beat his stealth and initiative and act first. At least, that's how it is supposed to work in 5E. I mean, I assume that is how it works in this game since you have a Scout Talent that deals with Surprise rounds in that manner (Instincts).

Initiaitve: Better of [roll0] or [roll1]. If I roll a 15 or higher, I'll spend a FP [roll2]

Total initiative of 22

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: I am pretty sure it is Passive Perception, and he got a 22 on his Stealth check. The combat Droid also got a 23 on his Stealth and has NOT made an appearance yet. Sorry if that was not clear, I should have posted that in the IC linking to the secret rolls I did yesterday

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: I would argue that it is passive if you aren't specifically looking, but Cal spent his action this round doing that. But I'm good with GM call on that.

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: No problem, I just don't want to get one-shotted from an ambush, especially with a character designed to mitigate ambushes.

Last edited:

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna was not concentrating on the ambush as it played out. She was clearly busy working with her kit, hoping to surprise these Sith much like the spy from before, or at least, render stealth useless to them.

_: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged Fury

First Post

Realizing he was in a pretty bad position, Cal focused on getting to cover as quickly as he could, sprinting to the closest thing that looked like reasonable cover. Hopefully, he could keep the attacker pinned down long enough for the Jedi to get down the stairs.

OOC: Action: Dash
Move

HP: 62/62
FP: 7/9
Blaster Sniper Rifle (w/PBS), Ranged +7, 3d10+7, Ammo: 27/30, Range: 60/600

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
The battle was joined, but Kacela felt something else ahead...in the room where the Sith were focusing their efforts on some kind of ritual. Invisible to the eye, the Force loomed large there like the black anvil atop a thunderhead. To the Jedi, the power of the Dark Side seemed unassailable...but she had learned something of its nature in her dealings here. The Dark Side had great power, but it had a subtle weakness as well. Its strength was easily turned against itself. Lust for power, fear and hate, these things drove it and its acolytes to consume themselves in their constant quest to be atop the heap.

Kacela reached out with the Force. She didn't think she could simply bludgeon the ritual into failing...but perhaps she could introduce small, carefully measured disturbances. The kind of disturbances that might be made if, say, one of the Sith were trying to take control of the power by themselves. Hopefully their own paranoia would do the rest.

(Using the Force with a Force Point to affect ritual; Force Boon lets me spend potentially 2 FP on an action though. With GM permission I'd like to spend another FP to add to the roll.)
Use the Force: [roll0]

Force Point (if allowed): [roll1]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The gand was happy to let Jihahna do the talking, or perhaps it was still thinking of an appropriate taunt when the shooting started (and then again, perhaps, just perhaps, it was just a bit distracted by the interplay of all the cyclopean pieces of ancient technology spreading out before them...)

Whatever the case, now she quickly drops to the floor with a soft clatter, carbine extended before her, and opens fire on the dark-skinned human behind the column, covering Cal's run and whatever mystic thing the azure twi'lek found so engaging.

slurr clack "Regrettable."

[sblock=Actions] Hoping to at least attract his attention:
Initiative: Back in black: 1D20+4 = [11]+4 = 15
Move= Aim, negating partial cover
Double and bonus pistol attacks: Cover of bullets: 1D20+8 = [14]+8 = 22; 3D8+8 = [8, 3, 6]+8 = 25 Reeling
1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17; 3D8+8 = [4, 5, 8]+8 = 25
1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13; 3D8+8 = [6, 1, 5]+8 = 20

Free: Drop Prone
[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer

Jihahna put away her slicing kit after finding there to be no response. "Damn it... Worth a try though I guess"

Once the Gand fired her first shots Jihahna took some steps back, trying to place herself so that everyone was closer to her. With that, she could feel the force yearning to flow forward in her, but once again it felt different this time. Everything felt as if it started to connect together, she could almost feel where her friends were and this was comforting. She wanted to extend those same feelings of reassurance to them. She didn't know for sure, but somehow it felt as if the connection made everyone feel stronger. United. Together.

OOC:

Move action to position Jihahna as best as possible within 12 metres of each party member.

Spend a force point and activate Battle meditation as an action

Be prepared to use her reaction to parry any melee attacks that come her way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove ads