• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

GreenKarl

First Post
As they are speaking the heroes all notice that the light in the room is growing dim. Looking over the glowing sphere is not glowing as much as it was before and seems to be sinking down towards the ground.

Kacela, Reks and Jihahna can all feel the dark force or entity within the chamber slowly pulling back as if returning to slumber...

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela pauses, looking at the large glowing orb.

"They hadn't finished the ritual. Without their intervention, the power here is returning to its dormant state."

Sezarious

Explorer

Jihahna suddenly feels nausea overcome her as she turns to run to the Ithorian on the ground.

A strange compulsion grips the inside of her stomach, like she feels she HAS to at least try. She kneels down to check if the alien is still alive, turning her head awkwardly to the medic.

"Cal? We have to.... Can you? If they're still alive, we should..."

Jihahna takes a deep breath. "Any left alive, should stabilise them."

She turns to the Ithorian again. Looking down at it, she appears confused by its anatomy, but mostly just angry. She starts awkwardly trying to stop the creature from dying through some form of CPR. "You moron! Don't think I'm doing this for you either! It's for ME! THIS is what you get from being angry all the time. If you had've just listened to me you'd... well you know I do speak from experience?"

She waves her cybernetic hand in front of the body.

"Trust me, I know what it's like to be scared of death you stupid hammerhead, but your precious dark-side hasn't stopped you from dying has it? I TOLD you! NO, the key is about accepting that you will die. Gand taught me.... It makes sense though see?

If you had any military training you'd know. Every soldier and merc knows that and they do so in order to keep level headed. Once you lose your head, shots start flying wide, grenades get used up too quickly and you end up doing something STUPID.

Like using up your grenades at the wrong time to feel safer, what the hell did you think you were trying to do choking me huh? Flashy magic tricks to make yourself feeel good? Well I'm really glad that worked out for ya. Yeah, reall glad.... Good job!

And then I got angry and you're leaking and it's ... All on my hands and.... It's not stopping and.... I can't...."

OOC:
Jihahna will attempt to stabilise Malnauu if she can:
_: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5

Oooooh, no luck so far= Traumatic post....

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The insectile little alien considers her, chitinous head at a slight tilt.

You can almost feel priorities softly shifting in its head, slowly settling according to their individual weight... Click.

First, she reaches down to her utility belt and presents Jihahna the small gray box of her medpac in an open palm...

Then walks over to the other bodies to assess condition (and possibilities for gear enhancement).

[sblock=Actions]"if applied to a dying individual [a medpac] automatically stabilized them (grant 3 death saves)"

Anything on the captured/dead GK? Particularly interested in documents and info, both physical and electronic.[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna, hands shaking, smiles at the Gand as she takes the medpack, placing it appropriately on the chest of the Ithorian, she activates it in an attempt to stabilise his condition.

As the medpack begins its function, Jihahna kneels with fists on her thighs, white knuckles bare and shaking.

"There... You damn... Stupid, selfish, Sith fool.... Learn the lesson I learnt. You just have to right?... You just have to..."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forged Fury

First Post

Shrugging, Cal checked the status of the remaining fallen foes, hoping that his intervention would mean the team wouldn't waste more of their precious medpaks. He hoped that Kacela and Recks would keep their eyes on Parlex.

OOC: Cal will (somewhat half-heartedly) check the vitals of the remaining enemies and see if he can stabilize any of them.

Medicine Check (Advantage w/Medical Kit) - Better of [roll0] or [roll1] (Dark Lady)
Medicine Check (Advantage w/Medical Kit) - Better of [roll2] or [roll3] (Gal)

Note: If I get a 20+, I am not giving them their 1 HP. I don't want these people conscious.

Welp - Nice to see my luck is consistent...

GreenKarl

First Post
Cal checks the three Sith over and finds the lady and noble fellow both dead, but that the ithorian has stabilized on his own and is still alive...

The sphere sinks all the way to the ground and the inner light is quickly fading. The chamber will be plunged into total darkness within less then a minute...

GM: Jihahna can use the Medipac to get back 1d8+1 HP as it is the first time she has used one this long rest

Forged Fury

First Post

"Light's fading," Cal said as he stood from Gall's body, "we should probably get out of here. The only Sith that survived is the Ithorian and he's stable, the other two are gone. I think Targo and I can manage him, if the Gand can handle the merc."

The human focused his senses, determined to have forewarning if the platform above started to close them off from escape.

GreenKarl

First Post
Those that have them ignite their glow rods (along with the Jedi lightsabers) to cast back the darkness that quickly engulfs the chamber. Targo shoulders his carbine and runs over the aid Cal in lifting the ithorian as the group head back out of the pyramid and back out into the huge cavern. The light that was being cast off by the crystal pyramid itself was also fading fast and the shadows of total darkness sank down to around the few light source the heroes had.

Making their way through the maze of strange buildings and back to the great staircase the group unconsciously moved as fast as they could, for while the darkening dread of the Dark Force may have been fading, being trapped underground in darkness was not something anyone wanted to experience.

After about an hour of climbing they finally emerged back into the cave where the Force Ghost of the ancient Kwa had healed them and warned them of their task. Kacela, Reks nor Jihahna could sense the being's presence nearby for it seem the presence had finally past on to the Force. As the last of them emerged from the stair well the stone covering slowly slide back into place to once again seal the Star Chamber from all, to hide its secrets from the galaxy at large, hopefully to never again threatened so many with its terrible power.

As the last boom of the stone set into place to sealing the stairs off another stone farther back within the maze design of the dais rolled back and a stone table emerged from below. Upon this table where various crystals of exotic coloring. The lights from the groups glowrods and lightsabers presenting the whole spectrum of colors... it seemed that the Kwa were presenting one last parting gift to the group...

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Light's fading," Cal said as he stood from Gall's body, "we should probably get out of here. The only Sith that survived is the Ithorian and he's stable, the other two are gone. I think Targo and I can manage him, if the Gand can handle the merc."
guttural clack mumble jumble-whirr "These ones have found the prize," points out the gand, looking entirely puzzled. guttural clicketty hum whirr click "Why would this one want to leave?"

Instead of following the others, the gand plucks metal tools off the mech toolkit strapped to her upper arm and turns towards the various buildings and - ultimately - the Infinity sphere, small armored body disappearing between two odd structures.

OOC: The gand actually wants to investigate the infinity gate to the best of his/her abilities. It is why he/she came, after all.
I'll understand if this means (temporarely?) pulling him/her away from the narative (?).

Last edited:

Remove ads