[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The little alien continues their deadly, three-partnered dance - she, the dark lady and Reks - looking a bit chagrined: warble clack clicketty slurr-drone click "Hissing is the dark lady's best statement?"

Dodge left and fire to the side of the face, splitting her attention between Reks and itself, step back from lightsaber point, fire under the trust, into her side, roll right and behind as Reks attacks from his side, fire again, scorching alien tiles.

Then a mildly panicked hum as the gand spots Kacela's incoming wall of force and a mad jump to get clear! (Hopefully ending on one knee after a controlled roll).

[sblock=Actions]Double Attack + Bonus vs Dark Lady (at Disadv thanks to Dodge):
Bouncing bunny of DOOM:
2D20.LOW(1)+10 = [16, 12]+10 = 22; 3D8+8 = [7, 4, 6]+8 = 25
2D20.LOW(1)+10 = [15, 17]+10 = 25; 3D8+8 = [6, 3, 2]+8 = 19
2D20.LOW(1)+10 = [3, 3]+10 = 13; 3D8+8 = [7, 3, 4]+8 = 22

Niiice! 2 hits for 44 damage, 21 with Resistance Reeling

Move: Jump away from melee to let the Force Wave pass, provoking an AoO, I'm guessing? Or does using Dodge negate that?[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I'm pretty sure Kacela can move to a spot where she can target the Dark Lady without requiring you to do that :) Unless it's just for fun, in which case...proceed :))

Sezarious

Explorer

Jihahna winces at the pain from Parlax as the great flash of lightning from Gall appears to envelop Kacela.

But before Jihahna can yell out, the lightning somehow appears to disperse away from Kacela. Jihahna's eyes glisten with the reflection of the light.

She turns briefly to Parlex and takes a couple of shots in his direction, uncaring as to whether she hit or not, her attention focused on the Jedi in front of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
This Gand shot another burst of blaster bolts at the dark lady, striking her twice. She seemed to be reeling in pain for a second but then shock it off. Targo lines up an amazing shot and blasts the Sith male off of his feet with a blaster bolt to his central mass. The man screams and falls over unmoving. Cal blasted at the mercenary but his aim had been off all battle and he cursed as he missed the man. Jihahna also shot and missed at the mercenary. Then Kacela moved a bit and unleashed the Force against the dark lady and sent her flying back to crash onto the group. She was still alive, at least for a second before Reks moved up and stabbed into her with both of his lightsabers!!!

This seemed too much for the mercenary who retreated back into the forest of pillars.

GM: Initiative
This Gand
The Dark Lady -23
Cal - 22
Malonnu –17
Parlex Dornith –16
Jihahna -15
Gall Hsloth -13
Sith Mark III Droid -11
Kacela -9
Reks –8

[sblock=Results and Rolls]This Gand shot at the Dark Lady with Disadvantage and hit twice for 12 and 9 damage (bringing her down to 15 HP). That would be enough to send her Reeling so she is using her Reaction, spending a FP to use her Resilient ability to Recover from Reeling (DC 10): 1D20+4+1D4+1 = [4]+4+[4]+1 = 13, made it.
Targo shots at Gall (with +5 Ref for cover) and Attack and damage if it hits: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26; 3D8+4 = [4, 7, 3]+4 = 18, that’s a crit so don’t need to roll any more damage and its enough to take out Gall.
Cal shot and missed Parlex
Jihahna shot and miss Parlex with both attacks.
Kacela uses Force Slam against the Dark Lady. NOTE that she was Dodging so your roll should have been at Disadvantage but with a natural 20 on the first roll, I will give it too you just not critical damage. Also Gall was 24m away so you would not have been able to get both of them with a 12m cone. You could have moved around her to make sure Reks and this Gand were not in the AOE also. So you hit for 12 points of damage (Bring her down to 3 HP!)
Reks moves up and attacks the Dark Lady. She is prone so that cancels out her Dodge disadvantage with his Attack advantage. Attacks and damage if he hits: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20; 2D8+7 = [4, 6]+7 = 17
1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13; 2D8+7 = [8, 7]+7 = 22
1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23; 2D8+7 = [4, 6]+7 = 17
, hitting twice and killing her!!!

Badguys turn,
Parlex goes behind full cover this round, Stealth check, Stealth check: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20, only Cal has an idea where he is moving towards.
Heroes Actions!!![/sblock]

[sblock=Conditions]Cal 39/62
Jihahna 26/64
Kacela 12/66
This Gand 50/66
Reks 37/70
Targo 21/21

The Dark Lady 0/66, incapacitated/dead?
Malonnu 0/79, incapacitated/dead?
Gall Hsloth 0/70, incapacitated/dead?
Parlex Dornith 3/71
Sith Mark III 0/44 destroyed[/sblock]

[sblock=Positions]
This Gand is 20m from the stairs, adjacent to Kacela
Targo is about 4m from him and at ½ cover
Cal is 22m past the stairs near the pillars
Jihahna is 12m from the stairs, 8m from this Gand and Kacela
Kacela is near this Gand
Reks is about 12m away from this Gand and Kacela.

Parlax is 40m back in the pillars and under Full cover[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC Note - It's not important now, but Dark Lady should have taken 25 damage. The 6d6 roll wasn't from rolling a crit...I didn't realize 'area effect' powers could crit. It was because I spent a force point to augment the slam, increasing the base damage from 4d6 to 6d6. She's gone now, so it's no big deal.)

Kacela takes a deep breath, steadying herself. She's been drawing heavily on the Force, and it takes a toll.

Lightsaber lit, she moves in the direction she last saw the last human mercenary, lightsaber at the ready.

"You may surrender," she called. "You will be imprisoned and questioned, but treated fairly."

(Action: renew Negate Energy. Move towards the pillars and speak.)

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: She had Resistance which means she only suffers 1/2 damage from most attacks. Yes any attack roll that you make can crit, that includes Force Powers and AOE only because in this setting you roll for those instead of making others have a Saving Throw

Forged Fury

First Post

With limited knowledge of the human mercenary's location, Cal moved out as silently as he could, attempting to keep cover between himself and where he suspected the man to be. Using his helmet commlink, he said, "Moving out to locate our target, in case he doesn't do the sensible thing. Just remember that we're on a timeline." The medic also relayed to the team where he suspected the mercenary to be.

OOC: Movement - Move 12 meters closer to where Cal suspects Parlex to be.
Action - Sneak/Hide: [roll0]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
guttural clacketty hum whirr "These ones fought well," softly congratulates the gand's female voice behind them. Its weapon is firmly in the down-but-ready position, eyes watchful.

OOC: Ready action to shoot any enemy that might pop back up while Kacela negotiates please.

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna picks up the glow-rod and moves in the same direction as Parlax.

"Give it up merc! Don't make us kill you..."

She readies her blaster to fire at him if he comes out hostile....

OOC:

Object interaction to pick up glow-rod, movement to head towards Parlax, bonus action to drop glow-rod, ready action to fire if he comes out guns blazing.

_: 1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17

Which will miss if that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenKarl

First Post
From back within the pillars a voice shouts back "How about I just leave? I have no real desire to give up and if I do... you might not like the outcome..."

After a moment a somewhat different location the voice continues "This place is a weapon. The Sith want it and have some inclination on what it can do. What do you think the Republic would do with the information? I am sure I could bargain my way out of prison with that kind of info. But I would prefer just not to have to go through that at all... so let me go and know one will be the wiser."

"And I have no loyalty to the Sith. They would probably kill me if I went back... so you don't have to worry about them in that regard"

Remove ads