• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

Shayuri

First Post
"An interesting negotiating tactic," says Kacela. "Telling us you have valuable information about the Sith plans, then asking us to let you go. I admit, I'm no merchant...but that seems counterproductive to me."

"If you would tell the Republic what you know for your freedom anyway, let us cut out the middleman, yes? Tell US what you know for the same."

GreenKarl

First Post
"I don't know anything more about the Sith's plans then you do... they want to use this place as a weapon. All I am saying is what if I were to tell the Republic jailers about this place also? What do you think they would do with that information, in light of the fact that they are losing the war to the Sith Empire?" the voice adds.

GM: Note, that Cal can move about back in the pillars and eventually force the mercs to come back towards the rest of the party. If anyone else joins him you can trap him pretty easily. There is only so much space to hide back here

Forged Fury

First Post

Cal quietly continued stalking his prey, using the mercenary's continuing conversation to find and fix his position. Quietly into his helmet comm, he said, "Moving to cut him off from the rear."

OOC: Do I need to make stealth rolls continuously or do I just keep the roll from last round since I'm not changing anything?

Shayuri

First Post
"Exactly what they should do," is the Jedi's reply. "Consult with the Jedi Council, as this is a matter of the Force, and move to reinforce the planet to prevent the Sith from making another attempt."

"None of which seems to be a compelling reason to forgive your crimes and let you walk free. Do you have anything else? Anything more?"

She glanced over at Cal and nodded quickly. She'd try to keep him talking so that they could keep tabs on his position.

Forged Fury

First Post

Pausing now that the man was no longer talking, Cal slung his sniper rifle and exchanged it for his blaster pistol, setting the weapon on stun. Over his commlink, he said, "Switching to stun, this conversation may be more fruitful once he's in binders." With that said, he drew his survival knife and flipped it over in his off hand, just in case.

With that, he crept forward towards where he suspected Parlex's position to be.

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Cal can shot at him if he wishes or try and get him to surround but pointing the gun at him eventually but for the sake of all..

Cal circles around the pillars and the giant glowing sphere in the center of the room, slowly driving the merc back to the rest of the party. Eventually the man tries to move back in front of him and Cal shouts at him to surround. For a second the man seems to consider it but then he smiles and lifts his hands up, his blaster carbine falling in the sling attachment.

Cal forces the man out into the open and the heroes disarm him. Looking at Kacela he smiles too the Jedi and says "I think your faith in the goodish of the Republic refreshing. That they will listen to a few priest of the Force and NOT try and use this place the same way the Sith want you. Refreshing but ultimately foolish. Turn me over to them and they will have troopers here in a month digging up this site... and all it will take is one Jedi who is willing to take any step to save their precious Republic to reawaken the gate..."

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela nods slowly. "It is said that we see in others a reflection of ourselves. If we are afraid, we see fear in others. If we are corrupt, then surely it must be that everyone is corrupt."

"I do believe in the Republic, and the Jedi. They are not perfect, but where one may stumble another will be on hand to guide them back to the path. And so it shall be here. Secrecy would only help the Sith sneak back in. Tell them what you will, mercenary. I assure you that all of it and more will be in my own report."

Forged Fury

First Post

Over his helmet comm, Cal asked the Jedi, "Hate to rush you, but can you tell if neutralizing the Sith stop whatever they were doing? We may not have time for pleasantries with this guy. End of the world and all that..." The scout holstered his pistol, but kept his knife in hand.

Remove ads