[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
A gloved finger quickly holds down the intercom’s mute button.

warble click “Bluff?” suggests the gand, signalling C4 to continue with its calculations and course. Meanwhile he pulls up a diagram of the Outlaw on his station's biggest screen, quickly joined by a series of red circles showing up *all* intercom locations within the ship.

[sblock=Actions]Where would those be, GK? And did the gand hear anything while the armored one was speaking that might give a clue as to his location? Engine noise, absence of engine noise, tractor beam noise, noise from the nearby star fighter maybe? Something else?

Ears for gears: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12 + 1 FP Ears for gears enhanced version: 1D4+1 = [2]+1 = 3 = 15[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Kacela looks at the intercom with an expression of concern, then closes her eyes and lifts her face up, as if feeling a breeze play over her.

(Use the Force to try to sense a presence? Not sure if that only works on force users, but it seems like it might be worth a try. [roll0])

GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: Know-Chemistry, with advantage thanks to the datacard: The spice must flow: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [10, 17]+2 = 19

GM: sorry I missed this, no as far as anything I can find Spice has no non-illegal usages.

GM: this Gand might note a small anatomy in the main engines power readings but nothing that would normal cause alarm. Also you know the intercom unit being used was in the engine room.

(Use the Force to try to sense a presence? Not sure if that only works on force users, but it seems like it might be worth a try. [roll0])

GM: Normally no unless the 'target' is Force Sensitive which this person is not

Forged Fury

First Post
[IC] SWS/DnD5, Star Wars the Old Republic – A Gathering Darkness

"Well," Cal started, "we should probably locate him and take him out. But let's make sure to bring the spice box as insurance. I doubt it would make sense to detonate with that thing too close. But someone should stay up here in case his friends show up with their ship."

Binder Fred

mumble slurr hum clack “The troublesome one is here,” states the gand after a few beats of consideration. A finger from her other hand presses below the red sign pulsing at the engine room at the very back of the ship. guttural clack, whirr clicketty slurr-whirr jumble hum “This humble one heard the coils ticking over when he spoke.

Two button press plus a somewhat clumsy trackball roll and the diagram turns transparent, showing the nuts and bolts of the ship, and most importantly:

whirr clicketty click “Access tubes?” it suggests to the other two, tracing one on the screen.

[sblock=OOC] The gand is hoping that there are ways to get into the engine room from the back, so to speak? Travelling through the guts of the ship or getting in from the outside?

Hm... Any way to (maybe) vent the room from either of those locations, GK?[/sblock]

Sezarious

Explorer
Jihahna's shoulders slump at the threat as she arrives back in the cockpit.

"Ahhh! How could I have not seen this coming! Jihahna! You're meant to be better than this!"

She sighs as she listens to the others speak.

"Hmm, explosives, that'll be your field I'm guessing huh Gand?

The problem is, sneaking into that room would be considered an act of hostility. Fail to sneak in past those who successfully were able to sneak by us and KABOOM... Succeed and you might have a chance of disarming it. Also, yeah, it could be a bluff, so we have a right to confirm the threat is valid by walking into the room head on, sure, but that's it... I'd suggest we go and check that out now."[/B]

Jihahna lowers her voice to a whisper. "And IF there is a bomb and Gand can disarm it, great!".

She pauses a moment, then continues at a whisper.

"If we can't disarm it, our only other option is for us to board THEIR ship. I don't trust them not to double cross us.".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shayuri

First Post
"If I can find him, I may be able to defuse the situation," Kacela says, rising from the seat she was in. "I won't be much help in a normal search, but I have other means at my disposal. If you locate him, let me talk to him before trying anything rash."

(Going to try for Farseeing. I know it only works on people you 'know or have met before' but...it's all I got. :) Takes 1 minute, during which the rest of y'all can do yer search. [roll0])

(OOC - Kacela has Mind Trick and Force Disarm...possibly ways to divest him of the trigger device without tripping it.)

Binder Fred

Plan decided, the gand rises with her.

Padding down the neck of the ship, she directs her two-toed boots towards the right-end of the circular interior corridor (this is the side where the mess-hall and most of the cabins are located, as well as the entrance to the cargo hold and, at the end, the engine room itself).

Ignoring all of that, the little alien doffs-off his all-weather poncho (and most of his bulkier gear in a pile at the foot of a rectangular service hatch. Quickly prying it open, he proceeds to crawl-in over a mass of colourful flexi-tubes, blaster in his right hand, glow rod clutched in his left.

Just before she disappears from view, she looks back and makes the duro sign for ‘fortune with these ones’ over her shoulder.

OOC: Sneaking in the underground: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: I am going to give Forge a bit of time to also reply but so far...

The group heads towards the engine-room. There is only one door into the space although their are two hallways (half the team is approaching down each one).

Outside the other ship is still too far too be seen by Jor with the naked eye (or in his case, sensed with his Force-Eyes) but his starfighters scanners pick it up. It is still at least ten minutes away as they don't seem to be rushing this way but approaching cautiously. He does pick up their broadcast over the coms "I repeat Outlaw Gambit, drop power and prepare to be boarded"

C4, the ship's droid that you believe you were at least introduced to, beeps onto your coms a coded message that states "This unit can unmagnetize the hull at any time if this unit's master's ally wishes to regain control of its ship. Simply let this unit know and it will be done"

Delaying at the door, this Gand removes a panel and starts sneaking through the ships' hull to peek into the engine room. It takes a few minutes but once s/he does so the room appears empty!!!

GM: So if you want, they can pretty much undock your starfighter as an Action and you can do an emergency power up (if you don't want to be detected by the other ship RIGHT until you want them to know you are powering up) with a Vehicle (starship) roll DC 15 as an Action.
Also Secret roll: 2D20.HIGH(1)+11 = [15, 20]+11 = 31

Binder Fred

Hm.

Intently watching the room, she presses the silver disk of her re-breather against the bulk of her wrist-com and waits, weapon poised.

OOC: Your move, outside team? Thinking our man may be stealthed... (Stealth suit for Sniper Cal if we can take him! :D)

Remove ads