D&D 5E [IC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

ammulder

Explorer
OOC: Ripnek short rest: Short Rest: 1D8+2 = [1]+2 = 3
Sadly, Drutha is in good company on that one.

OK, so if Saashala and/or Jeffrey are staging a show in the road, what's it going to look like?

Is everyone else except Nert going to hide alongside the road? Drutha's snow blinds look like very good hiding places.

Nert, do you want to hide at the mound, about 90' from the road?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
After a quick nap, Ripnek yawns and stretches lazily. The severed human heads lie in the dirt a few feet away from the prone bugbear and are starting to attract some big flies.

Getting up, Ripnek grabs the heads and scratches his hairy head with his other hand, looking around the camp. His gaze settles on Drutha setting up blinds near the road. His interest piqued, the bugbear saunters over to stand and watch her work, not saying a word.

OOC: Ripnek will be lying in wait during the ambush, or perhaps moving around to flank if someone suggests that course of action.

Last edited:

TallIan

Explorer
Nert Muchshredder

Nert spends some time looking to the road, then shakes his head. Heading towards the road slightly he starts pushing some of the snow into a low pile, just high enough that it should be banked against a hedge or boulder.

OOC:
Nert will aim to be within 80' of the road, so as not to be at long range.

Survival to build blind: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22

OR

Stelth to hide: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
HP: 12/12
Passive perception: 14

Abilities: Fury of the small 1/1 short rest
Arrows: 19
Rations: 8
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Moon Moon will stay to the side of the road, putting his companions and their contraption between himself and the road. He's more expecting to be "support" and not immediately engage in combat.

"What do we do? Darkness take them... darkness take them all..."

ammulder

Explorer
OK, I need Saashala's plans -- if it's going to be a distraction in the road, what's that going to be like? Or if you want to re-consider the cold and hide with the rest, that's OK too.

Shayuri

First Post
As attractive as the thought of pretending to be a 'damsel in distress' was, on reflection Saashala realized she'd learned something useful from the confrontation with the bandits. The gambit put her in harm's way. It was a useful tool, but perhaps not a tool for all occasions? An ambush such as this would probably be better suited with her using magic at a distance. Her options were more limited up close.

She moves to assist Drutha in setting up and then manning the blinds.

(Rethinking the decoy options; if we're going to ambush them anyway, it doesn't really have a lot of tactical advantage it seems like, and it increases the odds that Saashala will wind up in melee, where she's not terribly strong. :))

ammulder

Explorer
OK. I'm assuming we've fast-forwarded to near dawn, so that you're prepared in case the caravan comes by early in the day (you don't have a specific ETA within the day).

I'm not sure where Karok intends to be, so for the moment I put him near Moon Moon in the "support" area.

Ripnek is so far sauntering near the snow blinds, without actually hiding for the ambush. Does he intend to?

Is Drutha willing to make some extra blind space for Ripnek and/or Saashala? Her roll was certainly good enough to cover them as well, if she wants to. As far as you all can tell, Drutha and Nert have been able to make hiding spots that should make you effectively invisible from the road.

Here's the 10' scale map for you to review -- I'll do a close-up with coordinates when we need it.
ambush-map.png

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Looks good to me. Support is where Karok would shine, though he only has one more spell slot for the day since we don't get a long rest.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Ripnek will be hiding just behind the blinds, unless a similar spot is available on the other side of the road.

Remove ads