[IC] The Odd Job

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
DarrowhillForest/Cave
10:43 AM
Round 4

Hrgach growled, ashamed at himself for missing. “Time to save the human again,” he muttered, moving over to slash at the roper’s tentacle, but even with the human woman, the tentacle was too fast.

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Greatsword attack and damage on tentacle: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
2D6+2 = [4, 1]+2 = 7

Sigh. Not even Saving Face will save that...
Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 1
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 12/22 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 2/2d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)*
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

Asha watches the roper pull Ana off the ground. She looks around wildly for something to help the woman but sees nothing. She then redoubles her efforts to kill the beast, knowing that being eaten is the worst option available.

[sblock=Action]Casting Frostbite on the Roper. It must make a DC 14 Con save or take [roll0] and have disadvantage on it's next attack.[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
What a odd twist of fate as all the attacks sail past the Roper, fortunately for Asha her magic does not require aiming and freezes the fiend Stiff. Balin reloads his weapon.

Ana is reeled closer to the maw.
OOC: Parties turn next turn Ana will be in range for eating
OOC:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
DarrowhillForest/Cave
10:43 AM
Round 5

Still frustrated, Hrgach swings at the tentacle again, hoping to free Ana.

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Using my Inspiration point for Advantage
Greatsword attack and damage on tentacle: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [9, 17]+4 = 21
2D6+2 = [1, 4]+2 = 7

Move:
Free:
Bonus Action:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Inspiration: 0
AC: 17 (chainmail, defensive fighting style)
HP: 12/22 Vitality: 17/17 HD: 2/2d10
Saving Face (1/R)
Second Wind (1/R)*
Action Surge (1/R)*
[/sblock]

As the Roper pulls Ana closer to it's maw Asha redoubles her efforts. The air around the creatures cools and freezes. Asha hopes this final assault is enough to finish the creature and free Ana.

[sblock=Action]Casting Frostbite on the Roper. It must make a DC 14 Con save or take [roll0] and have disadvantage on it's next attack.[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Apologies for my tardiness I thought I was waiting for someone to post

Once again the party assail the creature with there preferred method of attack as the creature gasps its last breath it releases the women from its grasp who plummets to the ground.
OOC: [roll0] you still have the option for that acrobatics for half, unless you know want to take full damage

Remove ads