D&D 5E (IC) The Village

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The town elder raises his voice, "Everyone, everyone's attention please. Let us thank these brave souls for coming to our aid." He addresses the gathered... heroes? "Ahem. If you need of supplies, we will provide whatever we can. The Forbidden Barrows are a day's travel on foot to the northwest. The forest between here and the Barrows is home to many dangerous beasts and they are riled up thanks to the undead, so be wary."

He pulls Torban and Vintar aside, out of earshot of the others (OOC: Unless they have Passive Perception 15 or better), "Keep an eye on them. Especially the elves...all of the elves...I don't trust them"

OOC: If you need to do any last minute shopping, the village has most regular gear, simple weapons, and light armors available to buy. Once everyone's ready to go (you can just post "Ready" if you have nothing else to do), we'll start the trek to the Barrows.

River Song

Explorer
Vintar - Cleric

With a nod of agreement, Vintar looks over at the elves. "What am I watching out for?" he thinks to himself. Another mental shrug.

"Good people," he calls out loudly. "I ask that the great Erathis bless this august expedition! That with his grace we put an end to this menace, this scourge and that all our brave, brave people come back safely." Waving his hands he steps down to join the others.

OOC: Ready

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harb Half-elf Paladin of Pelor 1

Harb remains silent through all the posturing, letting them play their little games of words. When the leader of the town calls their guides over he smiles thinking to himself The town leader isn't stupid at least.

As Vintar speaks he walks up beside Quickleaf, as the priest finishes Harb bows his head. "Amen."

Placing his hand on Quickleaf's shoulder in a friendly manner he speaks in a quiet voice. "Should we ask the priest if Erathis thinks you have soft hands friend? I believe proper courtesy demands that I introduce myself."

Harb doesn't wait for an answer and walks across the room to the locals that would be guiding them through the area. Bowing slightly and putting his hand out in greeting "Greetings, I am Harb, I am here to help you drive the darkness from your home. Toban is it? And I don't believe I caught your name good sir." He pauses, giving them a chance to introduce themselves if they choose.

"While we travel we should talk about what exactly you know about what has been happening here. Is there anyone in town that we should get information from before we leave?"

OOC: Ready

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow, Wood Elf Druid 1

Willow is ready. So ready, in fact, that she actually steps out of the confines of the church and the throng of people within, and takes a deep breath of the clean, outdoor air. She looks up at the open sky and remembers how much she hates ceilings.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Dandin, Halfling Bard

As the villagers file out of the temple Dandin begin to play his trade. He seems to be good at his profession and quickly sells most of what he brought with him. To any who observe the activity it is a combination of verbal performance, persuasion and a tendency of objects to almost shine when people begin to show interest in them. Though he makes no outlandish claims about anything, anyone who knew what to look for would notice that he had a tendency to weave some minor illusions simply to enhance the overall look of the item ever so slightly in order to make it look more appealing.

Once satisfied, he quickly packed up the cart and harnessed up his mule to travel again. "Well Oliver, that about settles that. Lets go see what we can do about loading up for the trip back."

OOC: Done

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Dydan the Drow Wizard

Dydan follows the druid, stopping beside her as he looks up at the sky, squinting.

"Tell me, has anyone ever just...fallen off into the emptiness up there? How do people deal with having an infinite expanse over their heads every moment of every day. It seems...bewildering to me."

River Song

Explorer
Vintar - Cleric

Harb Half-elf Paladin of Pelor 1"Greetings, I am Harb, I am here to help you drive the darkness from your home. Toban is it? And I don't believe I caught your name good sir." He pauses, giving them a chance to introduce themselves if they choose.

Vintar smiles, "I am Vintar, a cleric here. This town is my home and I thank you for coming to our aid. It seems we must battle the forces of darkness side by side."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow, Wood Elf Druid 1

Dydan follows the druid, stopping beside her as he looks up at the sky, squinting.

"Tell me, has anyone ever just...fallen off into the emptiness up there? How do people deal with having an infinite expanse over their heads every moment of every day. It seems...bewildering to me."

Willow smiles at the elf, willfully forgetting for the moment that he is drow. "I can't speak for everyone. But as for me, I deal with it by reveling in its beauty, in its infinity. That infinity grants a power bigger than you or I will ever know, ever could know. Bigger than the confines of this mortal world we're anchored to... bigger than my forests. Even bigger than your Underdark, which I understand is also quite impressive in its beauty."

Willow caught herself in her reverie and stopped short. She noticed her dirty hands and dusty clothes. "They called me beautiful once," she said in that small, frail voice of hers. "But this... necromancer. He took all that and more away from me." She looked back up to the sky. "But that infinite power... that is what I'll use to destroy him."

Remove ads