D&D 5E (IC) The Village

River Song

Explorer
Gods above, what manner of creatures has the Duke sent to aid us?, Torban thought to himself. It's downright shameful to ask these outsiders for help we could provide on our own. Who knows what foreign ways they bring, and what agendas they really have.

Torban stands up to his full height and stares at Praeden Veeth. In a deep baritone voice, he says "As I have said before, I do not share your fear of the barrows, and would gladly lead the way to them. Someone must represent the town on this mission."

Vintar nods in what he fervently hopes is a sage fashion, the idea of going off by himself with Torban was not something he relished.

Placing a comforting hand on the big mans shoulder he speaks in quiet tones.

"Whilst I agree with Torban here and hold no fear of the barrows, we must be prudent to bring sufficient resources to the battle to remove the threat, not add to it." pausing to appear to be considering the moment carefully.

"If aid is being sent, let us show them what can be done. But I would insist that someone from our village lead the battle, as they are helping us and I think no-one better than our brave Torban here."

Waving his hand in a hopefully religious looking way, "Yes, I believe that approach would be favoured."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Niimyr nods.

"Of course, someone who knows the area should point us in the right direction. A capable man who doesn't wet his pants in the face of danger. Are you that man, Torban?"

The subtle challenge hangs in the air for a moment before the drow again smiles in what he hopes is a comforting, charismatic way. All the while he is gauging the people's reactions, looking to find ways how to influence them now or later.

tglassy

Adventurer
"Quick...leaf," Dydan says slowly. "Niimyr, I'm still a little behind on how things work up here. Aren't leafs those little green things that grow on...trees, is it? I wasn't aware they were something to be afraid of. Do they hold some secret deadly quality that I am not aware of, or are they as soft and useless as they appear?"

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Quickleaf

Legend
Quickleaf (wood elf rogue 1)

In a quiet voice, so as not to distract from the gravity of the introductions in this sacred place, Quickleaf arches his brow and leans over to Dydan, "Names, like appearances, can be deceiving, Dydan. The human Sovereign trusted you and your brother, didn't he?" Quickleaf smiles wryly. Either the other drow's enchantment is working on him, or he genuinely is naive enough not to hold his subterranean cousins in contempt. "Your people might choose names to inspire fear because it is all they understand, but the forest elves paint with a whole palette of emotions. Our naming ceremonies are beautiful things. I'll tell you all about it over elfwine on the road."

OOC: Edited the title of my post with basic info on my character as [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] suggested, so we can keep character names straight. Did the same for my previous posts too, and will continue to do so.
[MENTION=6755061]Kiraya_TiDrekan[/MENTION] Do you want us to include mini-code like [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] does in every post?

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Dydan grinned, "Our names don't need to inspire fear. Our reputations do that for us."

He looked at his brother, leaning on his staff. "I grow bored, brother. Where is this adventure you promised. At this rate, we may as well go back home. There'll be a new class of students at the Wizard Academy, and I do so love..." he glanced around, "...messing with them."

industrygothica

Adventurer
Willow looks at Quickleaf, and then to his new Drow friends, and to the others in turn. With a quiet, frail voice she finally speaks. "Talking gets nothing done," she says. "Let us be on with it..." She turns and makes for the door, her quarterstaff thudding on the wooden floor in time with her steps.

OOC: There are tons of PCs in this game, and it is quite difficult (for me, at least) to remember who is playing whom. In an effort to lend aid to this problem, I will try to remember to put Willow's ministats after every post. Hopefully soon, it will sink in the IG is playing the wood elf druid. After a while, I'll just use the ministats in combat posts where it is more appropriate. Maybe others can do the same to help me out? I know some already are, but it'd be great to get everyone else on board so I don't have to bounce back and forth from here to the RG thread to remember who is what. Thanks! -ig

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]9[/COLOR]/9
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +3, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elf, Druidic, Sylvan
[B]Skills:[/B] Acrobatics +5, Insight +5, Medicine +5, Perception +5, Survival +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3) , Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+1), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 8 (-1)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4) 
[list]
[*]Cantrips: Shillelagh, Poison Spray
[*]1st Level: Cure Wounds (*), Entangle, Ice Knife (*), Healing Word (*)
[/list](*) can be cast at higher levels

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal speaks up.

"Indeed. We have brave warriors, local guides, and Quick Leaf will supply the wine! What more do we need? We did not walk 3 months to turn back..."

[sblock=Minisheet] dervish 1-mini.jpg Lal Qalandar, of the Purple Lands
Human Barbarian (hermit)

AC: 13 (+1 dex, +2 Con due to unarmored defence)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30
HP: 14/14
Hit Dice: 1/1
Passive Perception: 13

SAVES: Strength +5, Dexterity: +1, Constitution: +4, Intelligence: -1, Wisdom: +1 Charisma: -1

Skills: Athletics +5, Medecine +3, Perception + 3, Religion +1
Tools: herbalist's kit (hermit)
Language: Common, Yellow City Trade Tongue, Parbati, a bit of Lamarakhi[/sblock]

Last edited:

JustinCase

"Politics, dear brother," Niimyr the drow warlock spoke with a sparkle in his eyes. "Negotiating, getting to know our allies and our benefactors. A necessity before the adventure, I'm afraid. Custom demands it."

When Willow talks about action rather than words, the dark elf quickly agrees.

"Absolutely, cousin dear. The sooner we can go, the better. So, anything else before we go?"

JustinCase

OOC: BTW, is this enough to know I play the drow warlock? It's a lot of effort to copy some of my stats when posting on my phone, so I'd prefer to just make it clear in my post who I'm playing.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Sharp ears and a sharp wit, Dandin saw Lal's question as an invitation to invite himself. "You also need a cart to help haul away the loot. But for that, you have me. That, and somebody to help get the best price for it after we're done. But first, I need to clear some space."

And with that, Dandin places his foot stool and climbs up to survey his modest wares. Then he turns hopefully to the assembled villagers who seem about ready to depart the temple.

Sent from my LG-H918 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads