[IC Thread] Delving the Mists

Cerebus13

First Post
Goilon shivers before saying, "Er...I suppose yer be taking me to the jailer now? I suppose I should have expected as much when I cast me lot with one such as Onar." Goilon hangs his head dejectedly and prepares himself to be lead out peacefully.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Well, if there is nothing else to do here, then I suggest we get some sleep. Not all of us need to accompany this prisoner to the guards. Unless we all want to take this stuff in to the authorities. Otherwise, one could stand guard while the other brings more guards to remove this stuff. The rest can get some sleep."

Alyson yawns, knowing full well that tomorrow will surely be a long day...

Pyrex

First Post
Anton, Urban Ranger

To Goilon:
"Well, if you tell the magistrate everything you just told us about Onar he'll probably go easy on you, and at least you won't have to worry about those plants any more."

Then, to Alyson:
"Aside from the plants, which we don't really need right now I think we can take everything with us in one trip. Lets head back up top, check everything in and get some sleep."

Cerebus13

First Post
Without further discussion the party gathers up what evidence they found in the underground room and leave the sewers with the manacled Goilon in tow. Tired and sweaty the climb up the hole and the following trek to the city jail seems to take an eternity for the weary adventurers, but the journey there passes without incident.

After presenting proper identification the jailers on duty take custody of Goilon and place him in a cell by himself and away from his ally Onar. The party leaves the stolen goods with the guards as well, taking an inventory of everything themselves before they go, and head off weary and bone tired to their homes. Walking as far as they can together they split up not far from their domiciles and agree to meet at the office in the morning.

~~~~

Everyone awakens the next morning refreshed and ready for another day of work. Upon going to the office Madeline says that Arthur sent a message that he wants to meet with everyone in the early afternoon tomorrow, so you are free to do what you want until then.

[OOC: The meeting is around noon.
Everyone's hitpoints are at the maximum as I will assume that the healers in the group will disperse spells as necessary...and again the next morning if anyone was hurt THAT bad.]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Alyson would like to take a few samples of the plant for the sewers. Leaves, stalk, petals and whatever else she can muster besides the sacs she already has.

Early the next morning, she awakens to do her usual ritual of meditation. Her mind is now clear, and she focuses on what she has before her today. Kalri awakens as well, and they head of to the office. On the way, Alyson will tell her of the plants and last nights events.

Once at the office, and knowing that they have about 4 hours before the meeting, Alyson begins setting up her lab in the room where the the large table is. Her supplies are all neatly unpacked and placed in various areas. She hands a book to Kalri, and tell her, "Look for anything of what I have described about the plant from last night. Here are a few pieces to help."

She displays the leaves, petals, stalk and sacs on the table. She then begins the process of examining the sacs, making sure not to release the contents. Once her discovery (IF ANY) is finished, she will store them away.

She will then make her way to the station, to look for Seth Greensfield. Hoping that he showed up to work today, she would ask about the reference to Scarlet and the prostitutes that were mentioned. She would also like to ask him if he knows of who the man that helped Mr Rummit home at times.

Kalri will be let to work in the station until Alsyon called for her. Hopefully, she will be making herbs and things to assist Alsyon. And also finding out what she can about the plant.

One last thing...If available, she would like the item from the man in the sewers that warded off the plants.

Salzorin

First Post
Quilan -- Rogue

Quilan makes use of the free time to partake in a nice relaxed breakfast, deciding to dine in the area in question of the pickpocketings he was investigating. He'll also revisit the warehouse and scout about it a bit if there's nothing of interest on the streets as he eats his meal.

Pyrex

First Post
Anton, Urban Ranger

Having been up most of the night, Anton sleeps in late then spends an hour or so walking around their new neighborhood before returning for the meeting.

Cerebus13

First Post
Quilan has a leisurely meal in the neighborhood of the petty crime he was looking into, but nothing and nobody of interest comes his way. Finishing up the food he heads back to the warehouse and is mildly surprised at the bustle of activity around the building. Apparently it is a bustling livestock butchering business during the day...and it is only in the evenings that illicit activities occur around it. Unable to make up a good excuse to sneak himself inside he gives up and heads back in time to be early for the meeting.

~~~~

Kalri spends the better part of the morning studying the plant samples and reading from various books on wildlife that might match what they come from, but is unable to find anything before the meeting. She mentions to Alyson that she may be able to find something if she spends the rest of the day working on it.

Alyson returns to the police building and asks to speak to Mr. Greensfield. Luckily he is in today and is willing to meet her after a minimum amount of waiting. Seth knows of a prostitute who used to go by the name of Scarlet who frequented the blocks not far from Mr. Rumit's house, but he was never able to find her and question her about her possible relationship to him. The few prostititutes that he did find and question all said that she hadn't been seen for a few weeks, and that they did not know where she went.
Of the man seen with Mr. Rumit Seth says that the most distinguishing piece of information he found out about him is that on a few occasions late in the evening this man and Mr. Rumit were seen shooting rats in alleys in a noisy and drunken manner. The events were unusual however because of the large and odd shaped crossbow that they were seen using, which seemed to be able to fire and reload quicker than a typical one.

Finished at the police station Alyson heads back to be in time for the meeting. Along the way she examines the bag that Goilon used to ward off the plants... She finds that it is filled with a soggy ball of rather pungent smelling herbs. So pungent in fact that they make her eyes water just from the smell of them.

~~~~

Time passes and the foretold meeting finally rolls around. Natalie has taken rather ill and is confined to bedrest for a few days according to Madeline, but she says to carry on the meeting without her as she will be fine.

Mr. Pettigrew shows up slightly after noon with a slightly sweaty and disheveled appearance. "I apologize for my haste, but I must be very brief as I am busy helping some of the other city officials quell some rumors surrounding the uh....more colorful killings you have been investigating. There is good knews however as an agent of ours has discovered something in another city somewhat far from here...a hunch a few scholars in the area had come up with."

"As you all know the mists that often appear at night make travel over long distances difficult at times, so we do not always keep up to date with the news and history of every village or city in the large region we live. However on the instruction of a wiser old man in our employ we dispatched an agent to the city of Paridon to investigate a legend of a killer whose disgusting methods are not unlike the ones used here. News of this has been sketchy over the years but we received a letter yesterday back from our agent, one Mr. Akiro, that he had dug up some more information on this legend. Apparently every 13 years this killer, dubbed "Bloody Jack", crawls out from the dark and kills people for six evenings. Supposably he fades into obscurity after that again for 13 years, but I have my doubts."

"In any event, Mr. Akiro was able to get a few descriptions of murders that seem similar to what has been occuring here. It is absolutely imperative that you all travel to Paridon and meet with Akiro to discover who is behind these murders, if possible you may even have to leave as early as this evening. It can take almost a week to arrive there on horseback, and Mr. Akiro has indicated that there is a possibility that the 13 year cycle may be running out again there soon and that the murders will start up again. We have a theory that something...more than a man may be migrating through this region from city to town to village and leaving bodies in it's wake. Please make arrangements to leave as soon as you can, but I can answer a few questions if you wish before I have to leave again."

Remove ads