• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Well wishes for the granny and fast recovery!

I would like nothing better but to drop on them, but the herd trampling everything may have some say in that. Can I target any of them with the shuriken? Or auroch pass once and disappear.

Once the hostilities started there was no backing up and no mercy. Hagadark throws another bomb into the fray. He also steps out in clear view, just to give dwarves something to focus on. After big bang and two direct hits one would expect most of them to be half-frozen.

OOC: [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], staggering only affects directly hit target, not everyone in splash radius. Thus, only old man should be staggered. Also, note that original explosion affected the leader everyone within 5 of him (hit for 6 damage), but only the leader is potentially stunned

[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Nerath Wall/Long Return/Mine
Night
Round 2

OOC: The aurochs is around for 5 rounds (1r/level, I believe). So he'll make a couple passes over as many as he can, or gore if he can't trample because of allies.

As the large aurochs turned around for another run over the battlefield, Morgrym charged the nearest dwarf, swinging his axe. “Wot kind o’ dwarf are ye, treatin’ a wee lass like tha’!” he accused as he hacked at the dwarf.

[sblock=Actions and Rolls]
Move: Rush nearest dwarf.
Action: Cold iron battleaxe: 1D20+6 = [6]+6 = 12
1D8+2 = [2]+2 = 4

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary/herdAnimal.html#herd-animal-aurochs
The aurochs will Trample straight toward and over the old man and anyone in the way its full movement and then turn around for another pass the next round.
Trample DC 17 Reflex save for half damage.
Trample damage: 2D6+9 = [3, 2]+9 = 14
Gore, if needed:
Gore: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22
1D8+9 = [3]+9 = 12

Aurochs HP: 22/22
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 59/59 NL: 0
AC: 17 FF: 11 T: 16 (+4 vs Giants)
CMD: 16 (+2 vs bull rush, trip)
Fort: 8 Ref: 2 Will: 8 (+2 vs poisons, spells, SLA; +4 v fey and plant effects)
Armed: MW Cold Iron Battleaxe
Ammunition: 9/10 bullets
Storm Burst 7/7/day
Wild Shape 1/1/day

Conditions:

Spells Prepared
0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
1: Obscuring Mist (Domain), Cure Light Wounds, Produce Flame, Faerie Fire, [Summon Nature’s Ally 1 (Spontaneous)]
2: Fog Cloud (Domain), Barkskin, Flaming Sphere, [Summon Nature’s Ally II (Spontaneous)]
3: Call Lightning (Domain), Cure Moderate Wounds, *Protection from Energy, [Summon Nature’s Ally III (Spontaneous)][/sblock]

Neurotic

The aurochs is around for 5 rounds (1r/level, I believe). So he'll make a couple passes over as many as he can, or gore if he can't trample because of allies.
OOC: You want to say there is only one? Somehow I thought you got herd of them (at least three) trampling everything in their path.

Last edited:

Neurotic

Marius drops behind the dwarf leader, exactly opposite to Mourgrym. His fists are glowing off-white as he slams both fists into the thick skull of the warrior.
[sblock=Draconic]
"Silver dragon ambushes the prey!"
[/sblock]

OOC: change the target to any other standing opponent within reach if the leader is already down. Old one first, guards second.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: drop down to flank
Standard: [roll0] <-- CRIT!
[roll1]
[roll2]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Sorry, guys. I assumed you'd have a herd as well. Head's a little fuzzy from all the couch-sleeping and lecturing all day long]

[So, we have an auroch trampling, a stunned dwarf. Old man's trampled, one of the forward dwarf's trampled as well, and five others are ready to charge. Let me get from the top and we can move forward.]

EVERYONE

One of the forward rogues is brought down by the aurochs, and the old man is soon to follow! the dwarf takes the hit, thrown to the side as he screams in pain, but the old man stumbles as the beast hits him, still half-frozen by Hagadark's bomb! He screams desperately, trying to get back on his feet as he goes.

Morgrym advances towards the next dwarf in line, swinging his axe and missing the enemy by a hair! The dwarf leaps back, shooting with his crossbow as he moves, the bolt landing near Morgrym's feet. This allows the druid to charge once more , and this time the opportunity is not lost! The axe rasps against the dwarf's armor, spilling blood on the rocky floor!

Meanwhile, Marius leaps down against the leader, his fists falling hard on the dwarf's skull! No helmet could protect him from such strike, the body trembling as the hit lands. The dwarf shambles forward, but still stands, sturdy as he is! The second strike shakes against the heavy armor to no effect, the leader still protected and dizzy from the explosion he faced just before.

Hagadark's bomb hits, and the explosion covers the area. Only the weakest dwarf seems drastically affected, even though the screams of the others are quite noticeable. The landed explosion freezes him, while the others shiver and moan under the damage caused by the explosion!

Trembling hands respond to the attacks between shivering cries.

"THE AU-RR-RR-OCH!"

"FOFO-FORGET IT! TH-THE BOMBER!"

Shots fly around the room in vain, two against the aurochs, two more against Hagadark. The cold temperatures made sure they wouldn't land a single hit, though!"
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

[NEW TURN! We open with stunned leader, smashed and frozen - prone - elder - frozen guard and four active rogues - all bruised to hell! They won't hold up for long...]

[OOC: rolled OA for you, [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]!]

Neurotic

Not waiting to see what the abomination can do and surprised it is even still moving, Marius swipes his leg toward the old thing. But the leg deflects of one of the flailing limbs and goes up. Undetterred, he brings the heel down with a solid *thud*.

As always, his attacks are accompanied with sibilant whispers of draconic language
[sblock=Draconic]
"The dragon tail swipes the ground."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Full attack, wasted one elemental fist on a miss, but hits with the return swing.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniStats]
AC: 20
HP: 43/43
Attack: +8 (1d6+6 / x2)
Elemental fist: 3/5
Saves F 6 || R 6 || W 9
(+2 vs. Divination; +2 vs. sleep/paralysis/stun; +2 vs. Enchantment) <-- these are cumulative
CMB 9
CMD 22
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

If the old one is still moving after the leg hit Marius drops on one knee and slams his fist downward onto a rib-cage (or at least the same area human would have rib-cage).
[sblock=Swift action Ki attack]
[roll0]
[roll1] <-- why is it that when I hit, the damage is on the low end and when I miss, damage is maxed (uselessly) :)
[/sblock]

Remove ads