D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
I had healed myself with Lay on Hands, so I would not be dying, and unless it took an action to draw the attention of the Vrock, I was using the dodge action which gives them disadvantage to hit me (especially since I saved against the faerie fire.)

EDIT: I would totally understand if it took an action to draw their attention. :)

OOC:
Okay. How many hp do you have? (Before the hit?). Im on the road this morning but will get the RG updated.

Remember everyone gets one "cinematic" per combat to do something cool. So that was your one.

Here is the disadvantage roll (good catch...sorry about that)

[roll=dsadv]1d20+4 [/roll]

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Max hp should be 11. Current AC is 15. Thank you, one of the reasons that I love 5e is the embracing of descriptive action, rather than, I attack... I will try to remember that this is my one, but I will still try to be descriptive, but limit my actions to the action economy.

Uller

Adventurer
Okay...so the drow missed Ezraen. He's up.

Surana nails the drow officer. He's pierced by the bolt like a harpooned whale. He can be pulled with an athletics check...

Ezraen can see several other drow gathering around the main hall. They are aware that something is going on around the towers and look to be organizing.

Ezraen and Erevan are up.

DMAesh

Explorer
Ezraen looks at his elf companion and nods toward the door as he backs toward it to protect against any of the drow that decide to come at them rather than deal with the Vrock!

OOC: In game terms, I am waiting for Erevan to act and try the door, while readying a dodge action. I am also interposing myself between Erevan and the drow to give him cover if they try to shoot at him.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Erevan nods and heads straight for the tower door, opening it if it's unlocked. Otherwise he would try to open the lock with whatever improvised tools he can find.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC:
okay...I agree Ezraen and Erevan are both at the door and on the bridge to Areas 6-8. Drow1 and Drow2 are on the ledge to the southwest. Drow3 and DrowOfficer are on the ledge between the two bridges and in melee with Ront and Derendil. Drow1 and DrowOfficer are both lit by Faerie Fire and DrowOfficer is impaled by a crossbow bolt with a rope attached.

[MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] As Erevan approaches the door he can see it is open a crack, a sure sign it is unlocked. He pushes and it opens. There is not much light but you can see a bed chamber (that belongs to Shoor, the drow captain). Klep's instrument is lying on the pillows that are his bed. There is a small table, two chairs and a chest. Upon the table is a pewter pitcher and a pair of matching goblets.

Edit: The buzzing sound of the Chasme subsides momentarily and those of you in the tower hear *CLANG* *CLANG* and roaring and screeching echoing through the cave. You realize the quaggoths that are locked in the quaggoth den are throwing themselves against the door, trying to break out.

OOC:
[MENTION=6801331]DMAesh[/MENTION] Ezraen and Erevan can both move into the tower to finish your turn. It will take one character one action to close and bar the door. Ezraen would draw one OA to make that move but he is dodging

Last edited:

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: Okay, remember that both Erevan and I have darkvision, so we should be able to see up to 60' in complete darkness, and as bright light in dim light.

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Noted. I didn't leave anything out that you need darkvision for.

I need to know if either (or both) of you are going to move into the tower and take any actions or not before I do the drow's turn

Remove ads