• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Uller's Out of the Abyss

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Opening/closing doors (that aren't jammed or otherwise difficult to move) is done as part of movement. There is a table in the PHB of things you can do while moving. I generally allow one of those for free. If distance moved is critical I might have it slow you down a quarter to half of your move depending on circumstances.

So you can move while dodging and close the door. Erevan can use his action to bar it if he wants.

As Ezraen moves away the drow slashes at him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Uller

Adventurer
His sword glances off Ezraen's shield and at his face. He ducks but not quite enough and the blade scraps across the side of his head.

3 damage.

DMAesh

Explorer
OOC: If we can do that, then I think we should do that.

Ezraen barrels through the door, slamming it shut and backing up against it until Erevan can slide the bar in place!

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Since I have time this evening and probably won't tomorrow night I'm going to play the drow and NPC turns now. If Erevan wants to use his action to bar the door he still can. I don't think it would effect what the drow do one way or the other (they know the door can be barred and probably would just assume that's what you did)

Seeing the elf and half-drow escape into the tower the two drow turn their attention toward Ront and Derendil. Drow1 (the one that hasn't used FF yet) makes the green and purple flames leap up around the combatants at the bridge (it's too much of a melee to be selective about targets and the officer is already effected anyway).

Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Uller

Adventurer
Ront escapes the flames but Derendil does not. Drow1 then backs around the corner toward the main area to gain some cover.

Drow2 attacks Derendil with his handcrossbow.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Uller

Adventurer
(sorry...meant advantage for that attack...not Davg...so it's a hit on his AC 13)

The bolt slams into Derendil's hide. "Ouch! That smarts!" The officer yells something to the other drow in their own language. It's hard to make out but it has something to do with the word 'immune'.

Drow3 reaches up and slashes at the rope on the crossbow bolt that has impaled his leader. (Rope: AC11 hp5...I'm ruling that since the officer is currently immolated by faerie fire, so is the rope)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Uller

Adventurer
OOC: Since Ront has not been able to don his armor yet, his AC is only 11...so that's two hits, each doing 1d6+4 plus 3d6 poison damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Uller

Adventurer
The drow officer slices the orc's abdomen. Ront smirks and says "Is that the best..." the words halt, he coughs, black foam splatters from his mouth and his arms go limp. The officer then plunges his sword into the orc's chest and he collapses to the ground and rolls off the ledge and into the webs below. Two of the spiders move towards the corpse but quickly lose interest.

The officer begins backing away and issues more orders to his soldiers. It sounds like he wants to retreat. Derendil seems stunned at first but lashes out toward the officer with a claw.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Uller

Adventurer
He slams the officer in the side, tearing away armor and flesh and breaking ribs and sending the drow tumbling. But to your astonishment he staggers to his feet and disappears around the corner behind drow1.

OOC: Drow1, Drow3 and the DrowOfficer all ended their turns under faerie fire and can make saves to end the effect now. DC is 11.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Remove ads