D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

tglassy

Adventurer
Terrus moved to the spears and, without warning, brought his greatsword down on the haft, near the eye sockets.

OOC: Attack: [roll0]. Damage: [roll1]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Having secured the doors, Argyle climbed back up the ladder to the space above them. Echoing down the hall came the unmistakable sound of the spear-trap going off: clack-clack shooop clang. Argyle smiled, that'll teach 'em. Then he climbed the rest of the way up the ladder, found his straw pallet, took a swig of his 'tincture' (a mixture of his own making), and went back to bed.

His acolytes rushed to the end of the gatehouse and tried to peer down the sloping hall, but the slope made it impossible to see what was going on. They were afraid to leave the gatehouse (where they had been posted) because the consequences could be severe. After listening to a cry, a crash, and some muffled voices, (none of which they could clearly make out), they returned to their duties, shaking their heads.

Terrus finished clearing the spears, with Kelley piling them off to the side, as Lorenn put Torbin in the back of the wagon, and tightly bandaged his wound. With a good tight bandage, Torbin felt he could put weight on the leg, but they covered it with a blanket so as not to be obvious on possible future inspection.

"We need to get moving" suggested Lorenn, as serious as anyone had seen him, "They can't possibly have not noticed that."

SnorLoska jumped back up in the driver seat, clucked at the horses, and drove the wagon past the skull-carvings, around the corner, and began to descend down another ramp-hall.

Siobhan had intended to check on the prisoner when she had heard noise up the gate-ramp. She knew that a wagon of mercenaries were supposed to arrive by nightfall, but she was a stickler for discipline, and she knew anyone approaching by that way should know how to disarm the spear-faces. She immediately gathered a small group of cultists she trusted, and returned to the entry-hall to see what would arrive...

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Thaklor sighed in frustration as Torbin was trundle into the wagon and reached into his pack to retrieve a potion of healing, which he handed to the man. "Next time try to be more careful..." And then he slipped back into the role and started berating Torbin as a fool and telling him to follow directions next time gods damn his soul! He did his best to let the sound of his voice resonate down the hall.

Squirrels are evil!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
For a brief moment (his wits dulled by the pain), Torbin wondered why he was being berated for attempting to do his job (even though he had failed), but he quickly caught on. "Sorry, Boss! I won't live this one down soon. The boys will really let me have it!"

The moment everyone was dreading came quickly. The wagon rolled down to a large room meticulously covered in a red stone mosaic. In the middle, on the floor in ivory tiles (probably true bone), the mosaic showed a large skull flanked in flowing blood drops; undoubtedly the symbol of Bhaal, God of Murder.

Standing over the symbol was a woman, her hair in a long red braid, shaved at the sides showing green dragon tatoos. She held a steel-reinforced round shield in one hand, and an axe in the other. She held an air of authority and was flanked by two large men with crossbows and behind them, two men in bone-coloured robes.

"Did you have trouble with the skulls, boys?" she said, humourlessly, "Now, why would that be?

GM: Even if this doesn't turn into a fight, I would like everyone to give me initiative rolls in your next posts, so I can use it as soon as there is one.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As they pulled to a stop Mord finished his 'tirade' and turned to face the armed contingent before them. "Just a lackey that can't follow instructions. I told him not to wander off and the moment I turn my back to disarm the skull the damn thing goes off right in front of my face!" He took care to emulate Rowloe's voice to his best ability at this point. Never quite sure who actually knew him or not.

OOC: Mord Bluff:: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

Mord Initiative:: 1D20+2 = [13]+2 = 15

Feel free to use that healing potion for Torbin btw. No need for him to die too easily.

Squirrels are evil!

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska calls the horses to a stop and tries to look as inconspicuous as possible, not looking directly at the woman in red.
SnorLoska's shield is behind him in the wagon but his axe is at his feet, ready to be picked up at short notice.
"Let's see if Mord can pull this off."

OOC: SnorLoska's early initiative was 19 from post #24 but if you want a new one then this one will do:
Early Initiative: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: SnorLoska's early initiative was 19 from post #24 but if you want a new one then this one will do:
Early Initiative: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9

OOC: I'll keep your 19 and save that one for later. I meant everyone else! Which reminds me...

Lorenn's Init: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16

Kelley's Init: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19

Torbin's Init: 1D20+2 = [6]+2 = 8

Healing Potion: 2D4+1 = [4, 4]+1 = 9

Torbin, in the back of the wagon, in case negotiations break down, slugs down the healing potion.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Siobhan was pretty sure that these mercenaries were up to something, but she couldn't quite tell what.

"Rowloe, is it?" she asked of Mord, who nodded, "You are bringing supplies on behalf of Bardaby, then. Well, he is speaking with Silakul and cannot be disturbed. We have very strict rules on what you hirelings are allowed to bring into our Temple, Hail the Monarch Returned. You will be allowed to join your company, but first, I will inspect what you have brought."

She waved to her men, and they spread out to better see what each of the arrivals where up to. Then she walked around the side of the wagon and casually began looking at everything, including each of the mercenaries in turn.

GM: Time for a Group Deception Check. I will take Mord's 21 as part of it, so no need for him to roll. I just need SnorLoska and Terrus to give me a Deception Check, and I will describe the results (I'm not saying the dc). So far, my NPCs are mixed. Poor Torbin is having a hard time keeping his wits, but Lorenn is cool as a cucumber. Kelley's in the middle, so it really depends on how you roll. (While you're at it, [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION], I'm not sure you've given me an early Initiative check for Terrus, yet.

Torbin's Deception: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4

Kelley's Deception: 1D20 = [12] = 12

Lorenn's Deception: 1D20+5 = [16]+5 = 21

Fradak

Explorer
Lorenn stays low profile, looking down his boots and tries to keep track of the men's movement to spot the best zone to cast a sleep spell if the shìt hits the fan.

Last edited:

Remove ads