• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Ooh. It's down to SnorLoska. No pressure! There's enough shifty activity going on here that she's starting to get a little suspicious.

Siobhan narrowed her eyes at the half-orc in the driver's seat. Had she met Harge before? Was this the one human in the place that could tell the difference between two half-orcs?

"Do you know where you're taking this wagon?" she asked him.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC: Deception: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5, SnorLoska grunts!

Unfortunately, SnorLoska was not present when Rowloe was interrogated and Terrus has not bothered to tell him what Rowloe said, so SnorLoska has no idea where to go.
SnorLoska eyes flickers from left to right as he tries to figure out where to go. There seem to be three ways — left, right or forward.
Small beads of sweat appears on SnorLoska's brow but he tried hard to look calm and confident as he pointed and said: "Of course I know! It's that way."
As Siobhan reflexively looks where he points, SnorLoska bends down to pick up his axe.

OOC: Points to the left=1, forward=2 or to the right=3: 1D3 = [2] = 2, SnorLoska points straight forward.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Well, so much for a peaceful negotiation. Mord and Lorenn kept their cool and Kelley was neither here-nor-there, but Terrus looked a little cagey and SnorLoska and Torbin (in the back of the Wagon, trying to stay out of sight, but reflexively gripping his spear) flubbed it pretty hard. Before anyone takes a turn, let me get home and throw together a map. I'm not granting either side surprise, because everyone's pretty sure there's the possibility of a fight. Hang in there, I will try to get a map soon and get this started.

[sblock=A few rolls]
I gave these guys Advantage on Initiative, because they are holding loaded crossbows and expect trouble.
Enforcers Initiative: 2D20.HIGH(1)+2 = [16, 7]+2 = 18

Looks like she's expected it, too.
Siobhan's Initiative: 1D20 = [19] = 19

Haw! Apparently these guys were oblivious.
Cult Accolyte's Init: 1D20 = [1] = 1

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Okay, gang. Here we go! This is our Initiative order: SnorLoka 19, Kelley 19, Siobhan 19, Enforcers 18, Lorenn 16, Mord 15, Terrus 12, Torbin 8, Acolytes 1. SO, how we're gonna work it is this: [MENTION=6877470]Prickly Pear[/MENTION] is going to go for "Round 0" for SnorLoka (that axe he was going for, I suppose), then I will "resolve Round 0" with Kelley and the Bad Guys (not including the snoring Acolytes), then everyone (including SnorLoka again) can go, and then I will resolve for "Round 1" (now including the Acolytes). All it really does "wrong" is SnorLoka gets to go twice before the Acolytes. Close Enough. So go, Snor!

Foyer1.png

OOC: I hope it's obvious who you are. Lorenn is at J9. Snor is Driver (US/Euro-style) H10, Mord is Shotgun (dressed as Rowloe) I10, Kelley K8. Terrus H12, Torbin I12. Siobhan is G9. The enforcers are in the Skull, and the Acolytes across the back.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
SnorLoska gets angry and picks up his axe. "There is always people around that tries to out-smart me", he thinks. "Well, try to out-smart THIS", he shouts as he swings the axe wide over his head and brings it down on this red-headed smartypants.
He then jumps down from the wagon next to Siobhan.

OOC: Bonus Action: Rage
Action: Greataxe Attack and damage (rage): 1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21, 1D12+4+2 = [6]+4+2 = 12
Moves to G10
AC: 15 (no shield) but maybe half cover from horses and Siobhan.
HP: 40/45

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Encounter: Shieldmaiden Shiobhan, her two Enforcers and two Dragon Cult Dark Acolytes

Round Zero

Siobhan was certain that the half-orc before her was not, in fact, Harge. What's more, he had failed to answer her question in a sensible manner. (The direction he had indicated was neither the kitchen, nor the store-room, and in fact, the only direction that made no possible sense.)

Her sword already in her hand, she was considering running him through, or ordering her men to attack, when he suddenly swung an axe at her so visciously, so suddenly, that she barely had time to bring her shield up. The blow left her arm numb and drove her back on her heels, but she was very, very good, and she reflexively swung her sword while stepping back. As she recovered her balance she lunged forward, both moves in rapid succession, catching SnorLoska off-guard with the lunge.

"Attack!" she commanded her men and one of her enforcers was quick to fire, but he had been tracking the half-orc as he jumped off the wagon: the quarrel struck the seat where he had been.

Kelley had been nervous the whole time, but had kept his cool. He kept his eyes on the men with the crossbow, these "enforcers" and he was quick on the draw when it seemed they would fire. He lunged quickly forward with his spear (not his favorite weapon, but the one he had been given as part of his "guard" disguise). He caught the enforcer low in the side, and he turned quickly as the man fired his crossbow wild. The quarrel found it's way harmlessly into a wall.

GM: So far so good for the Infiltrators. Everyone can go for round two. The only changes from the map is SnorLoska in G10 and Kelley in J7. I will post a new one after more movement occurrs. Go everyone for Round One!

[sblock=Rolls]
Kelley's Turn
Kelley Spear vs Enforcer2: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
1D6+1 = [5]+1 = 6
(Hit!)

vs Kelley
Enforcer2 Crossbow: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [7, 3]+4 = 7
1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10
(Disadvantage from Range Attack within 5 feet of opponent, Miss)

vs Lorenn NA
vs Mord NA

vs SnorLoska
Siobhan Sword (two attacks): 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
1D8+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15
1D8+5 = [2]+5 = 7
(Second one hit)
Enforcer1 Crossbow: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [2, 13]+4 = 17
1D10+2 = [2]+2 = 4
(Advantage from Pack Tactics, hit even with cover)

vs Terrus NA
vs Torbin NA

[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Kelley 0, Lorenn 0, Mord 0, SnorLoska (Rage) 5+7(3)+4(2)=10, Terrus 0, Torbin 1
BGs Acolyte1 0, Acolyte2 0, Enforcer1 0, Enforcer2 0+6=6, Siobhan 0+12=12

Last edited:

Fradak

Explorer
Aaaaand busted...
Lorenn cast sleep on the BGs. Whith some chance we'll make it quick.
Next, Lorenn slam the back of the horse next to him to disturb or maybe trample on BGs and create a cover.

OOC:
Action: sleep on I4 (20ft radius).
Sleep spell: 5D8 = [7, 5, 3, 1, 3] = 19
Free interaction?: Slam the horse, if not possible, forget it.
AC: 15
HP: 29

tglassy

Adventurer
Great.

Terrus hops out of the cart and rushes for Siobhan, altering his psionic focus to make his skin slightly harder as he went. Once he reached her, he swung with his great sword.

OOC: Bonus Action: Switch Psionic Focus to Iron Durability. Grants +1 AC
Action: Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Current AC: 17
Current PP: 9

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord curses as Snor gives up the ghost and fightinv breaks out. He climbs over the back of the bench and turns seeking a target with his wand. As Lorenn's spell goes off he picks out a still-vertical target, hexes them and then cuts loose with a blast of magical power.

OOC: Target priority: Not asleep, either acolyte, Kelley's Enforcer target

Hex targeting Con.
Mord EB attack:: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12

Mord EB dmg:: 1D10+3+1D6 = [5]+3+[2] = 10

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads