D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Infiltrators)

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Encounter: Shieldmaiden Shiobhan, her two Enforcers and two Dragon Cult Dark Acolytes

Round One

Siobhan was certain she had made the right call. As the wagon erupted into activity, she could tell that these were no simple mercenaries, but experienced adventurers. She brought her shield up in time to deflect a blow from a man who appeared to be made of, at least partly, stone. It saved her life, but cost her a cut on the arm from the half-orc's axe. From behind the horses, another of the infiltrators cast some sort of spell, and she glanced over her shoulder to see an acolyte fall to the ground. The glance was well-timed, though, as it gave her the opportunity to duck to the side as her enforcer fired his crossbow, striking the half-orc. This is going to be harder than I thought, she derided herself, I should have brought more men. The consequences of failure were dire, indeed.

Torbin propped himself up in the back of the wagon as Terrus and Mord traded places. He watched as his friend Kelley was struck by the enforcer, who had thrown his crossbow aside for a slender blade, and had quickly reversed their battle, driving Kelley's spear aside, and slicing him twice - not mortal, but painful. Torbin threw his spear at the man to distract him, then rummaged around in the wagon for where he'd hidden his favorite weapon - his bow.

GM: As you can see, I'm going to go for a more narrative style (Limited to a few perspectives) in the fluffy description. If you're looking for some crunchy specifics, you will find it in the next two sblocks. I dunno, I've had less than an hours sleep. Don't judge me! Go for round two!

[sblock=Notes]
Lorenn Sleeps 19HP vs Acolytes & Enforcers (Acolyte1 falls asleep)
Mord Eldritch Blast 12 vs Acolyte2 (Miss)
Terrus Sword 18 vs Siobhan (Hit, but Shiobhan's Reaction turns it to a miss)
Torbin Spear (Thrown) vs Enforcer2 (Hit for 8)
Snorloska Greataxe 25 vs Siobhan (Hit for 9)
Kelley Spear Thrust vs Enforcer2 (Miss)
Acolyte1 Asleep
Acolyte2 Poison Spray vs Lorenn (dc12 Con Save or take 10 poison damage)
Siobhan Reaction Parry vs Terrus (+2 AC), Longsword 8 & 21 vs SnorLoska (Hit for 12)
Enforcer1 Crossbow vs SnorLoska 23 (Hit for 7)
Enforcer2 Shortsword 24 & 21 vs Kelley (Both Hit for 15)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Torbin's Turn
Torbin Spear (Thrown) vs Enforcer2: 1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8
(Hit)
Kelley's TurnKelley Spear vs Enforcer2: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4
1D6+1 = [4]+1 = 5
(Miss)

vs Kelley
Enforcer2 Shortsword: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D6+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D6+4 = [2]+4 = 6
(Both Hit)

vs Lorenn
Poison Spray: 1D12 = [10] = 10
(Constitution Save dc12 negates)

vs Mord NA

vs SnorLoska
Enforcer1 Crossbow: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [19, 11]+4 = 23
1D10+4 = [3]+4 = 7
(Advantage for Pack Tactics, Hit)
Siobhan Longsword: 1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D8+5 = [1]+5 = 6
1D20+6 = [15]+6 = 21
1D8+5 = [7]+5 = 12
(One Hit)

vs Terrus NA
vs Torbin NA
[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Kelley 0+9+6=15, Lorenn 0+10?, Mord 0, SnorLoska 10+7(3)+12(6)=19, Terrus 0, Torbin 1
BGs Acolyte1 0 (Zzz), Acolyte2 0, Enforcer1 0, Enforcer2 6+8=14, Siobhan 12+9=21

Foyer2.png

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: Edit: Kelley got critted. He takes another [roll0] Damage. Which makes Torbin's thought that he was okay mistaken. He's dying. Technically NPCs don't get death saves (unless the DM wants them to) They just die. For in-party PCs I usually give it to 'em.

Fradak

Explorer
Kelley seems in bad situation there, so Lorenn engages his Songblade and springs into battle. He crosses swords with the enforcer 2, assuming kelley has some dirty tricks to show if Lorenn distracts the Enforcer.

Free interaction: Drop spear
Bonus Action: Bladesong (new AC: 17)
Mouvement: H7 (through Kelley space)
Action: Cast Booming Blade and attack Enforcer2 with rapier + sneak attack
Rapier: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]+[roll2]
Booming Blade (if enforcer moves): [roll3]

If Enforcer hit me, Reaction : Shield (AC: 21)
If Enforcer (1 or 2) flees, Reaction: Opportunity attack with Booming blade (warcaster)
Rapier: [roll4]
Dmg: [roll5]+[roll6]
Booming Blade (if enforcer moves): [roll7]

FitzTheRuke

Legend

Encounter: Shieldmaiden Siobhan, her two Enforcers and two Dragon Cult Dark Acolytes

Round Two

Siobhan ducked under her shield as the stony man leaped over her head, swinging his greatsword. Determined she would not fall, she struck the half-orc again, but he seemed insensible to pain. This wasn't working. Even with the power of the Bhaalite Circle, her men appeared to be losing this battle as swiftly as it had begun. "Raise the alarm!" she yelled to the acolyte, as he chased the half-elf while spraying poison.

Torbin watched as Lorenn spun across his field of vision and knocked the enforcer's crossbow off-aim. His own arrows failed to meet their mark, as the other enforcer ducked them, and stabbed at the half-elf, turning away from Kelley. Torbin watched in horror as his friend crumpled to the ground, spitting blood. Beside him, Torbin could feel strange otherworldly vibrations as Mord cast harmful spells at the now-fleeing acolyte.

GM: Sorry if my description misses and disorders some details. I rushed this one. Go for round three!

[sblock=Notes]
Lorenn Rapier 8 vs Enforcer2 (Miss)
Mord Eldritch Blast 15 vs Acolyte2 (Hit for 11)
Terrus Sword 9 vs Siobhan (Miss)
Torbin Longbow vs Enforcer2 (Miss)
Snorloska Greataxe 20 vs Siobhan (Hit for 18)
Kelley Dying
Acolyte1 Asleep
Acolyte2 Poison Spray (Again) vs Lorenn (dc12 Con Save or take 12 poison damage)
Siobhan Longsword 8 & 25 vs SnorLoska (Hit for 8)
Enforcer1 Crossbow vs Terrus 11 (Miss)
Enforcer2 Short Sword vs Lorenn
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rolls]
Torbin's Turn
Torbin Longbow (Two Shots): 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D8+2 = [5]+2 = 7
1D20+4 = [5]+4 = 9
1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10
(Both Miss)
Kelley's Turn
Kelley Death Save: 1D20 = [8] = 8
(Fail)

vs Kelley Dying (Failed A Death Save)

vs Lorenn
Acolyte2 Poison Spray: 1D12 = [10] = 10
(+2 Damage for Being on the mosaic to Bhaal!) (Constitution Save dc12 negates)
Enforcer2 Shortsword: 2D20.HIGH(1) = [18, 14] = 18
1D6+4 = [4]+4 = 8
2D20.HIGH(1) = [7, 1] = 7
1D6+4 = [4]+4 = 8
(Advantage from Pack Tactics, two attacks, one hit, blocked by shield spell)

vs Mord NA

vs SnorLoska
Siobhan Longword: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
1D8+5 = [3]+5 = 8
1D20+6 = [2]+6 = 8
1D8+5 = [7]+5 = 12
(One Hit)

vs Terrus
Enforcer Crossbow: 2D20.HIGH(1) = [2, 11] = 11
1D10+4 = [3]+4 = 7
(Advantage for Pack Tactics countered by having Lorenn within 5' of him, anyway Miss)

vs Torbin NA
[/sblock]
Damage Taken
PCs Kelley 16 (Dying), Lorenn 0+12?, Mord 0, SnorLoska 19+8(4)=23, Terrus 0, Torbin 1
BGs Acolyte1 0 (Zzz), Acolyte2 0+11=11, Enforcer1 0, Enforcer2 14, Siobhan 21+18=39

Foyer3.png

tglassy

Adventurer
Gritting his teeth, having missed the shieldmaiden twice now, Terrus stabs at her while she's engaged with the half orc, trying to get within her defenses.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Remove ads