• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] Way of the Wicked

G

Guest 11456

Combat Round 3/4 Wrap Up

Cass flattened himself against the wall and, lifting his iron circlet to his lips, intoned a healing wish to Asmodeus. "Lord of the Ninth, Prince of Darkness, I give praise and thanks for your mercy, and call upon your strength. Heal thy servant, wounded in your cause. Come into these limbs, O Prince, and make this body whole again." Cass fell into a fevered prayer, rocking and whispering. After a few moments, he straightened. Some of his wounds were healed, and although he seemed tired still, he wasn't quite as puce-colored.

Lord Nelleon nods at Niles before eyeing the floor once more. "Good job! Think you can do it again? Odd that it tried to dodge me."

"Well, that establishes firmly it's a creature of some kind, not just smoke," Silhouette comments. "How often can you do that fire trick? It doesn't seem like a spell."

"I can do that enough times to burn down a city block. And no. It is not a spell. I know not from whence it comes, but I am sure our dark lord could have been my benefactor. As such, It is of the beyond." He smiles slyly as he says this.

Armides eyes Cass then seems to accept his thanks at face value. He turns back to the dilemma facing them and frowns. Niles could expend his strength dealing with this threat before it is taken care of. He begins to rummage around in his pack until he finds a torch and pulls it out. He proceeds to light it.
"Niles and Nelleon can't be the only ones to fight this thing."

The mist quickly floats up from the floor in a different location. It attacks Nelleon (touch attack 26; 5 damage & 2 Con damage).

"Lord Nelleon! move aside! Its behind you!"

"Argh...", Nelleon grunts, and swings again after sidestepping. Although the weapon passes right though the mist, Nelleon can tell that there was some resistance.

"Aha! It shows again!!" Fwoom!

Strangely the mist does not go back into the floor this time.

G

Guest 11456

Combat - Round 4/5

Everyone is up. Post in any order when you can. I will sequence the posts by initiative order.

Initiative:
Cass - 22
Silhouette - 21
Armides - 25
Nelleon - 22
Niles - 22
Mist - 22

CURRENT MAP

[section]Cass pressed his back against the section of wall he currently occupied and stood his ground. He wasn't fully healed yet, and the sensation of his lifeforce being drained away by the mist was fresh in his memory. Still, he didn't want to be useless. He grasped the pommel of his longsword and hefted the blade to the readied position.[/section]
[sblock=OOC]Readied action, attack with longsword.[/sblock]
[roll0] and [roll1] for readied action, if need be

Shayuri

First Post
When the mist surprisingly stays visible, Silhouette decides to contribute more than just advice, and conjures up a glob of inky black goo that she lobs at it. The stuff hisses and etches the stone where it drizzles on the way to its target!

[roll0] ranged touch to hit...this counts the penalty for firing into melee, as she doesn't have Precise Shot. [roll1] acid damage if it hits.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Armides Diat, Inquisitor of Asmodeus

[section]
Armides moves around the creature in a large circle trying to get to a clear space where he won't block Niles' fire magic or any other magics his companions might choose to use. Since he is trying to stay out of the way it takes a bit longer to get into position than it would if he went on a direct path. He's fine with that, though, and waves his lit torch like a rapier.

Armides smiles grimly as he approaches Nelleon. "Good work so far, Nelleon. I wonder what else it will take to get this thing out of our way, eh?"

[/section]
Updated map
[sblock=OOC]Armides moves around in a big circle trying if possible to avoid blocking lines of fire (and avoiding AoO, too, if he can).
[/sblock]
[sblock=Sheet]Armides Diat, Inquisitor 2
Init: +8; Perception: +7

AC 18 (14 Touch; 14 FF) Current AC: 18
HP: 15 Current HP: 15
CMB: +4 CMD: 18 Fort: +2 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: lit torch
Conditions:
Spells:
  • 1st level: (DC 13) 2/3 Remaining
    Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Divine Favor
  • 0-level: (DC 12) Unlimited
    Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Read Magic, Sift

Special: Judgement 1/1 Remaining
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lord Nelleon somehow manages to nod at Armides while keeping his eye on the mist, "So far so good. If your torch attack works, then we should all switch to such attacks." For now he keeps with the sword.

OOC: Rolled in wrong thread, but had a 13 hit and 12 dam, likely a miss.
(1d20+7)[13]
(1d10+5)[12]

G

Guest 11456

Combat Round 4/5 Wrap Up

Cass pressed his back against the section of wall he currently occupied and stood his ground. He wasn't fully healed yet, and the sensation of his lifeforce being drained away by the mist was fresh in his memory. Still, he didn't want to be useless. He grasped the pommel of his longsword and hefted the blade to the readied position.

When the mist surprisingly stays visible, Silhouette decides to contribute more than just advice, and conjures up a glob of inky black goo that she lobs at it. The stuff hisses and etches the stone where it drizzles on the way to its target!
The spell seems effective.

Armides moves around the creature in a large circle trying to get to a clear space where he won't block Niles' fire magic or any other magics his companions might choose to use. Since he is trying to stay out of the way it takes a bit longer to get into position than it would if he went on a direct path. He's fine with that, though, and waves his lit torch like a rapier.
Armides smiles grimly as he approaches Nelleon. "Good work so far, Nelleon. I wonder what else it will take to get this thing out of our way, eh?"

Lord Nelleon somehow manages to nod at Armides while keeping his eye on the mist, "So far so good. If your torch attack works, then we should all switch to such attacks." For now he keeps with the sword.
He swings and the mist seems to dodge the blow.

Again, the fire elementalist summons the supernatural flame to burn the mist.
The fire seems to be damaging it.

The mist seeps back down into the floor.

G

Guest 11456

Combat - Round 5/6

Everyone is up. Post in any order when you can. I will sequence the posts by initiative order.

Initiative:
Cass - 22
Silhouette - 21
Armides - 25
Nelleon - 22
Niles - 22
Mist - 22

CURRENT MAP

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The avenger shifted his stance and prepared to attack the mist again. His own sword seemed ineffective, but his companions were damaging the creature and he was loathe to change tactics until he saw whether normal fire had a better effect.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Remove ads