• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] WD's Against the Orcs

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I won't be able to post later today and I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again, so here's some plans. If none of these make sense by the time it's my turn, NPC something that does make sense ;) Should be back in full on Monday or Tuesday.[/sblock]If there is a flank available on R2:
Nerve draws his rapier and dashes in behind the raider, trying to stab the orc while he's not paying attention.
[sblock=OOC actions]Draw rapier with minor action, use move action to move into flank around R2 avoiding OAs, attack with Piercing Strike: 1d20+11=22 vs. Ref, 3d8+9=20 damage.[/sblock]If there isn't a flank available on R2:
Nerve dashes past Paranthraxus towards the Eye of Gruumsh, announcing "I'll get the caster." He draws his deadly rapier as he goes, then tries to overbalance the orc to knock him over, but barely misses. "Perhaps I need some assistance," the elf calls back.
[sblock=OOC actions]Minor action to draw rapier, use move to get to K11. Attack Eye with Topple Over: 1d20+14=15 vs. AC, 1d8+6=9. (Of course, a 1 :erm:) Use Elven Accuracy to reroll attack roll: 1d20+14=18 vs. AC. Oh come on, miss by 1?! The dice gods are trying to kill me :eek: My plan was to use an AP to Piercing Strike once he was down, gaining combat adv and sneak attack. Oh well. To be clear - not using an AP this round.[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]HP: 44/44 | Surges: 7/7 | AP: 1
AC 19 | F 16 | R 19 | W 15
Resist 5 necrotic, 5 poison

Powers:
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike
Fleeting Ghost
Elven Accuracy
Dazing Strike
Topple Over
Easy Target
Clever Riposte
{Deathcut Leather Armor, Frost Shuriken}
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Padreigh

First Post
Argivion stands up, raises his staff and two bolts of icy energy speed towards his enemies.

[sblock=ooc] Icy Rays on the Eye of Gruumsh on L10 and Drudge 4 on L18. +9 vs Reflex, 1d10+7 damage + immobilise. Should have clear LoS on the Eye, probably haven't got the slightest chance to hit the drudge. But before I let the bolt go to waste ...:) [/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
Paranthraxus continues to pursue the Eye of Gruumsh, coaxing the rogue Nerve to do the same.

[sblock=ooc]OK, this is going to depend on Nerve's action and where he ends up following his round.

Move Action: Move 3sq to L11.
Standard Action:
- if Nerve is not adjacent to the Eye of Gruumsh, Paranthraxus uses Furious Smash: 1d20+9=12 and MISSES AGAIN YAY
- if Nerve is adjacent to the Eye of Gruumsh, Paranthraxus uses Wolf Pack Tactics to shift Nerve into K10 and then promptly misses with the attack.[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]
HP: 46/46 | Surges: 9/9 | AP: 0
AC 22 | F 16 | R 14 | W 17

Powers:
Furious Smash
Wolf Pack Tactics

Dragon Breath
Guarding Attack
Inspiring Word (2)
Shake It Off
Warlord's Strike

Bastion of Defense
Stand the Fallen

+1 Terror Longsword
Heavy Shield of Protection
Ironskin Belt
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Round 2 complete, map pending.

Round 2

Argivion stands up, raises his staff and two bolts of icy energy speed towards his enemies. The priest is hit by a perfect shot, but the othe orc is shielded by the bushes.
Mordok and launches a mighty swing towards the orc with his bastard sword. But again the attack is foiled by the foliage.
(R1) Williams foe takes a swing with his greataxe, but misses the halfling.
(R2) The other raider attacks Nerve, but this time the wood is against the orcs and he misses.
(D4) Mordoks foe is also unable to hit the dragonborn.
Nerve waits for the warlords action.
William continues to press the attack against the orc in front of him, wounding him again.
Nerve's and Paranthraxus' tactics let them end flanking the orcpriest, but the attack doesn't connect.
The Eye of Gruumsh scratches Nerve's leg with his spear. The attack has refreshed the cleric.

[sblock=ooc]
Icy Rays (eye, drudge) (1d20+9=29, 1d10+7=12, 1d20+9=12, 1d10+7=13)
crit extra damage (2d6=5)
Argivion misses D4, but hits Eye for 22 damage (crit) (stands up)
Mordok misses. (stands up)
R1 Attack (1d20+8=16, 1d12+3=7) at William misses.
R2 Attack (1d20+8=19, 1d12+3=12) at Nerve, misses.
D4 Attack (1d20+9=16) at Mordok, misses.
Nerve delays after Paranthraxus.
William hits R1 for 11 damage.
Para moves to L11. Nerve to L9. Attack misses.
Eye Warrior's Surge (1d20+10=20, 1d8+3=4) against Nerve. Hits for 4 damage.

[sblock=Initiative]
Argivion 24 <- starts here
Mordok 22

Raider1 19
Raider2 16
D4 16
William 15
Paranthraxus 11
-> Nerve 15

Eye of Gruumsh 10 <- ends here
[/sblock]

[sblock=HP and Conditions]
Argivion 26 / 40
Mordok 30 / 53

Raider1 -22 , marked by William
Raider2
D4
Nerve 40 / 44
William 56 / 56, 3 THP
Paranthraxus 46 / 46

Eye of Gruumsh -16 immobilized

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Niehaus

First Post
William continues to press the attack against the orc in front of him.

[sblock=rolls]Fearsome Smite on R1 moving to get into melee range if he happens to try and move away. Fearsome Smite (1d20 10=20, 2d6 5=11) Hit: -3 to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]HP: 56/56 Temp. HP: 3| Surges: 13/13 | AP: 1
AC 23 | F 16 | R 19 | W 19
Resist 5 necrotic, 5 fire

Powers Left
Lay on Hands (3)
Second Wind
Fearsome Smite (used)
Invigorating Smite

Channel Divinity
Second Chance
On Pain of Death
Hallowed Circle
Sacred Circle
Lightning Short Sword[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]If it's all the same to you, WD, I think I'd like to change the movement part of my turn for going after the eye (though as before, if there's a flank available on R2 I'll take it first). Instead of going to K11, I'll go up to L12 then jump across to M10 (if that provokes an OA that's fine. Athletics to jump from L12 to M10 (need 10 or higher): 1d20+10=26). If Paranthraxus uses wolf pack tactics I'll use the shift to go to L9.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Mordok clenches his jaw as the blows rain upon him and launches a mighty swing towards the orc with his bastard sword.

[sblock=OOC]
HP: 30/53; Surges: 11/11 | AP: 1
AC 22; Fort 20; Ref 17; Will 15; Resistances: 5 necrotic, 5 fire, 5 poison

Move: Stand Up
Minor: n/a
Standard: Tide of Iron (again) - Attack; Damage (1d20+13=16, 1d10+8=16)

Powers Left:
Serpent Steel Strike
Dragon Breath
Sweeping Blow
Villian's Menace
Unstoppable
Rain of Steel
[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
If it's all the same to you, WD, I think I'd like to change the movement part of my turn for going after the eye (though as before, if there's a flank available on R2 I'll take it first). Instead of going to K11, I'll go up to L12 then jump across to M10 (if that provokes an OA that's fine. Athletics to jump from L12 to M10 (need 10 or higher): 1d20+10=26). If Paranthraxus uses wolf pack tactics I'll use the shift to go to L9.

Yeah, the whole point was to get the rogue into a flank :cool:

... shouldn't be too much longer now. Poor Eye of Gruumsh! :p[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads