• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ice, Luck and Honour

Black Bard

First Post
FROST GIANTS???

Spider,you are so cruel...but, after their encounter with Klauth I think they can handle anything...

Or, maybe I'm wrong...:D

Last edited:

"CR never applies"

Thats a motto in the making. The whole campaign continues in this vein - I didn't want to consistently throw CR 3 encounters at a 3rd level party, I wanted the encounters to reflect the world.

For example, the Balrog is way outta the Fellowship's league (or is it?). Shelob would easily beat Sam on his own, but a lucky critical (and sound tactics) win the day. Where's the fun if every encounter is tailored for you? Bah.

And secondly, I'm a supporter of DnD parties running from something. It happens all the time in fantasy books and films, why not here?

Also, roleplaying is thrusted to the fore, and not what + your sword is.

I could talk a lot more on this, but I'm not going to. I hope you guys agree with me on this - I don't think I'm alone... am I?

[addition!] What did you guys think of the past tense as compared to the present? [addition!]

Spider (Lover of vampiric blades and unforseen side effects)

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Spider_Jerusalem said:
"CR never applies"

Thats a motto in the making.

And secondly, I'm a supporter of DnD parties running from something. It happens all the time in fantasy books and films, why not here?

A DM after my own heart!

I love seeing PCs run and taking on more than they can chew. If they get lucky...awesome. If not, well hopefully they are wise enough to run and live to fight another day.

Black Bard

First Post
PCs on the run...

I agree with you,folk...

I`m always striving to install this "dangerous atmosphere" while DMing, but, you know, sometimes (always...) my players simply don`t get the idea...:D

This is especially bad when the campaign doesn`t support "resurrections" at all...

As for the change of present tense to past tense...REALLY good!!!
I just hope that the frost giants don`t cause the same change on the characters...:D

Last edited:

Malessa

First Post
Missed our Friday's session of story hour.:( My hubby hooked up a second computer for me, so I was busy xfering files of school and art,(teacher work day) so there is no more arguing over computer time.:p But you better believe we will be here bright and early this Friday. Oh and don't worry about your writing do's and don'ts, we are simply here to enjoy your story, and so far, we are quite excited about it!;)

Last edited:

ShawnLStroud

First Post
Spider_Jerusalem said:
I hope you guys agree with me on this - I don't think I'm alone... am I?

[addition!] What did you guys think of the past tense as compared to the present? [addition!]

Present tense, past tense, tomato, tomahto; I just dig the story! Keep up the story and the cool events and I'll come back just to see what happens next!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads