[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I have faced in combat foes much more superior in size than I. I'm but a mere relic of my former self. I'm just a small brain in a glass of water. Everyone is bigger than me. Even you, the epitome of smallish. So think what you say before you say it,unless you want people to think your brain's size is in relation to your size." scowls the Aztec's priest.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
[color=purple]Psiren[/color]Int 5 Awe 7 Wil 7

Psiren casts a bored sympathetic look at the Mite.

"Why is the cliche that superheroes can't meet without someone like trying to start a fight true? Plus your like a angry short person, like another cliche. An attitude like that will only gain you enemies."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Sorry Mr Mite, I don't want any trouble. And we are not responsible for who got an invitation... or not."
"Yeah.. it was those elitist bastards always trying to keep common heroes like us down. At least one of us got into the VIP lounge..."
"The reason you're over there and not here is because your outfit is cliche and derivative. Come back to me when you've hired a better costume designer... and served in a Galactic War."

"A costume designer? Ha ha ha ha! Boy you're really out of touch with us common folk, Richie Rich. Maybe you should stop serving in your 'galactic wars' as some kind of mercenary and instead start serving the people." The Mite smugly stated. "'The people don't care if you are dressed in a T-shirt, cargo-pants, boots and a belt engraved with your last name, all they care about is that you actually help them when they're in need."
"I have faced in combat foes much more superior in size than I. I'm but a mere relic of my former self. I'm just a small brain in a glass of water. Everyone is bigger than me. Even you, the epitome of smallish. So think what you say before you say it,unless you want people to think your brain's size is in relation to your size."
"Touche, Mr. Brain-crab." The Mite mumbled.
"Why is the cliche that superheroes can't meet without someone like trying to start a fight true? Plus your like a angry short person, like another cliche. An attitude like that will only gain you enemies."
"So now I'm a cliche? What about yourself, the rest of your table, hell what about everyone in this entire building? Like it or not, once you put on an outfit and start fighting crime you relegate yourself to the land of cliches." He smirked. "Besides, if I have an attitude it's because society gave me one."

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

"Actually I think that were all good points. I hope somebody noticed and gives you an invitation next time!" What I thought:Helping people, not doing a big show for the media.

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 9
Determination: 3

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
...and that's when there was a low rumble from the east, and with no warning whatsoever, something flew over the heads of the assembled heroes. Something that made a titanic CRACK, and a concussion that knocked over glasses, and scattered plates of food, and kicked up a layer of dust from the ground. Paper debris and a dust haze swirled in a long vortex in the thing's aftermath.

It was hard to say what it was. There was a golden metallic gleam to it, and it was far too small to be a manned aircraft. Bright blue radiance spilled from behind it as it arced up high, looped around, and headed back towards the gathering! This time mundanes went under tables for cover, and some of the more hot headed of heroes were taking aim when there could be heard the definite sounds of...music?

A deep, pounding bass pulse announced the return of what turned out to be a humanoid robot, or perhaps some kind of armored suit. It had sleek, smooth lines, marred only by what looked like some kind of gun emplacement on its right shoulder, and a streamlined pillbox on its left. On its back was a winged jet pack...its wings too small for lift, they probably only provided control surfaces. The entire thing, from helmet to rocket boots, was made of some kind of shiny gold metal that sent slivers of reflected light scattering around all over the place. The radiant blue exhaust from the pack, and from additional thrusters in the feet, kicked up a strong wind that roared around until it finally came to a vertical landing, right in the middle of the congregation. A powerful, deep voice then proclaimed...in a cadence timed to the music's beat..."LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, INTRODUCING PRODIGY AND THE GOLDSMITH!"

The suit raised both its arms in a celebratory sort of pose, and it began to change. With whirring noises, the weapons on its shoulders partly retracted, unfolded, then clanked down into new configurations, forming larger epaulets. The jetpack split along multiple lines, and redistributed itself into a series of thick plates over the suit's chest and abdomen. Other changes took place internally, gauging by the noises involved. When it was done, the robot suit was thicker across the chest and arms, and significantly more armored-looking. On the other hand, both its guns and jetpack were visibly missing.

"Thank you!" said a voice from the suit...not the deep male one from before either. No, this voice was definitely female, though electronically modified, by the sound of it. "Thank you so much!"

Herobizkit

Adventurer
"Now THERE'S an entrance!" Crackshot said with enthusiasm. "A shame I didn't think of it first."

Crackshot pulled out an iPhone from his vest and started typing madly. "Design... new... armored... suit. Get... name... of... PR... Agent... for... Prodigy slash Goldsmith."

Crackshot help up the iPhone and took a picture of the new arrival, then sent it to Twitter with the caption "Party crasher crampin' mah style".

Psiren said:
"Oh, I don't know, Psiren. Danny Devito has all kinds of friends."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Satisfied with his apparent victory, the Mite turned and began to triumphantly strut from the VIP section. However, his victory was short lived as a result of the Prodigy's entrance.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Hmm.. I guess I'll have you interact with Yna after she does her "fortune telling" / foreshadowing bit instead of running the scene like I initially planned.

Note: This is all happening within a minute of Prodigy's arrival to the table.

The video playing on big screen transitions of that of the United Super Hero Alliance logo as the dinner's many heroic guests begin to arrive. Among them is a slender, raven haired young woman dressed in a loose white blouse and a burgundy skirt. The woman quietly sits at your table's vacant seat and quietly whispers. "I'm Yna, I shouldn't be here. However, I can not choose my fate..."

She reached into her bag and retrieved a tarot deck then began to shuffle the cards. After several shuffling for several moments, Yna methodically placed the cards onto the table, face down. ".. I can watch as fate leads me to where I need to be." Yna closed her eyes then began to reveal the cards. "The cards speak of a great deception and of tragity. They tell me that those who are unaware, will be lost and others exposed for their artifice. There is a fowl wind that is blowing from a tower to the south, a wind that if will bring ruin if not stopped..."

The woman frowned then gazed up from her tarot spread. ".. for it is but the first volley in a battle with an evil that you are destined to fight."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The brain seems intrigued by the methods of this russian woman. "You read these cards, amazing. What else does your god of fortune says? If I had a body I could read the will of Ketzalcoalt from the entrails of a sacrificed warrior. But I must bow to your ability now, tell me, please."

Remove ads