[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Prodigy looks around...and somehow, even though the faceplate of the robotic suit is no different than before, she somehow manages to look crestfallen as she lowers her arms.

The suit makes quiet wrrr-chunk noises as she walks over to the other obvious clump of superheroes in attendance, just in time for the soothsayer's performance.

Her clapping makes little clanking noises.

"Are you part of the event," Prodigy asks politely, "or are you a superhero too?"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"You read these cards, amazing. What else does your god of fortune says? If I had a body I could read the will of Ketzalcoalt from the entrails of a sacrificed warrior. But I must bow to your ability now, tell me, please."
Yna gathered her cards and began to shuffle. "What would you like know?"

"Are you part of the event, or are you a superhero too?"
"I am not what you would call a super hero; I am a monster hunter, a member of the Wild Hunt. None of our members sent a video, so my having received an invitation was a mystery."

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

You had to send a video?? Iwould have never done that!
A-K wonders...

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 9
Determination: 3

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I sense something is wrong with this artificial society of superheroes. Something just doesn't fit right. I would like to have more insight on this matter." replies the altar in it's stony voice.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"I sense something is wrong with this artificial society of superheroes. Something just doesn't fit right. I would like to have more insight on this matter."
"I do not think my cards will be able to answer all your concerns; however, I can still give you some insight into what may have started this 'society of superheroes.'" She finished shuffling her deck, and dealing a spread as she spoke. "Things were different, twenty years ago. My father once told me back then, there were fewer super-heroes, adventurers, and crime fighters. For the most part, they all fought within the shadows, far from the watchful gaze of the media. In those days, superheroes did not fight for fame or wealth; they only fought to protect the world from the darkness, thought as today, not every hero was untainted."

"Fifteen years ago, all changed because of one murder that happened in Hollywood; a murder committed by an athlete-turned-actor. The murderer, who killed his ex-wife and friend, managed to remain free for almost an entire week while feigning innocence. When it became clear to the public that he indeed a the murderer, the man's lawyers arranged for him to surrender to the LAPD with the stipulation that no hero may attempt to capture him. They foolishly agreed."

"Unfortunately for the world, his surrender did not happen. Instead, he fled at the last moment and led the police on an hours long chase while the heroic community stood on the sidelines and honored the agreements they made with the police. This decision only lead to more destruction and death. Then, as the sun set, a vigilante known as Justice Kill-shot decided to end the pursuit against the wishes of the police department. "

"As the world's media watched, Justice Kill-shot attacked the murderer's reinforced van with heavy weaponry, disabling it. He then approached the van only to discover that the murderer was a super-human capable of lifting the van. Before the world knew it, Justice Kill-shot and the murderer began what would be known as one of the world's most widely publicized super-heroic battles. The battle ended in the murderer's death and Justice Kill-shot being arrested for murder."

"For a moment, Justice Kill-shot became the most infamous individual on this planet, becoming the envy of every hero and villain, especially after the entire city rioted after he was found guilty and given a death sentence."
She paused for a moment, "That desire for fame and fortune has corrupted many heroes, but fortunately, not all have been affected."

OOC: Yes Justice Kill-shot killed O.J. Simpson and thanks to California's justice system, is still sitting on death row as a forgotten relic of the Iron Age of super heroism.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That explains many things. Thanks for your insight on this matters. Despite the huge gape in time, I know what a real hero is. A real hero does not need special powers, or a huge prowess. But all these fools seem to don't understand that. I petty them, bound to their bodies they can't naively glorify themselves on how gorgeous or strong they are." says the disembodied brain,
with disdain.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Crackshot (Int 5, Awe 6, Wil 5)

Crackshot smirks at the fortune-teller, "Yeah, well, I didn't need to send in a video. Everyone who's anyone knows me."

[after the gypsy's story] "Meh... murder's still murder. You don't see or hear tell of any of the A-list heroes slaughtering their marks. I mean, the guy's name was KILL-SHOT for F's sake."

Aztec brain-in-a-jar said:
A real hero does not need special powers, or a huge prowess.
"Nope... but a real SUPER-hero does. Hence the term 'Super'. Of course, a firefighter or a policeman or someone who helps the homeless, or even Aqua Man, yeah... they're all heroes in their own way."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"...I sent in a video," Prodigy says in a small voice, scraping an armored toe on the ground. "I'm new. I, uh, I didn't have..."

She bangs a metal-clad fist against the chest of the suit.

"Heroing wasn't too good an idea before Goldsmith here came along."

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

Maybe some of the millitary PR guys send something, or I was a bit careless. this doesn't have to b a trap from DSI. A-K reassures himself.

To Crackshot: "You know, sanctioned killing by the state isn't really murder... and superior training can count as powers. the main difference are the costumes and masks..."

To Prodigy: "Your armor has it's own name?" If a construct like an armor can have a name, then they will maybe become more acceptable to clones, too.

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 9
Determination: 3

[/sblock]

Last edited: