[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Voda Vosa

First Post
The possessed duck throws his gun to the floor and jumps over it in an attempt to break it.

OOC: No idea what to roll, and if I got movement left I'll like to end possession and shoot a mental blast

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
*COMBAT PAGE 2 (CONCLUSION)*
[sblock=Initiative]
Group 1. Badguys
..........1 at door (one possessed).
..........3 at right (All Paralyzed)
Group 2.
..........Crackshot
..........Psiren
..........Arac-Knight and Xokzatle
..........Prodigy
Group 3. NPCS
.........Yna
.........Everyone else is running, hiding, or diving for cover.

Names in red has not acted this page.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
Duck Thug at Door A: Possessed
Duck Thug at Door B, D: Defeated
Duck Thug at Door C: Duck-ified.
Left Duck Thugs on A, B, C: Defeated.
Right Duck Thugs A - C: Paralyzed until Page 4.

[/sblock]

"Duck you sucka!" Door Duck Thug C laughs manically as he points the duck-ification ray at Prodigy and fires.... only to narrowly miss.

"This'll be your swan song!" Door Duck Thug D fires a blast at Crackshot... and misses.

Door Duck Thug A raises the duckification ray at Door Duck Thug C and fires... turning him into a duck.

The duckified thug quacks in annoyance.

The three Duck Thugs on the right glances at each other. Right Duck Thug A laughs. "She must be coocoo if she thinks I'm scared of her bluff." He fired a blast at Psiren... and misses.

Right Duck Thugs B and C continue to use their duckification rays on bystanders... The Band-aid Lad is duckified.

"Let's rumble." Left Duck Thugs B and C gang up on Arac-Knight, kung-fu style... and dodges his first attacker... but only to end up getting hit by the second Duck Thug's attack.

"Okay boys, time to give peace a chance!" Psiren sends out a mental command... paralyzing her targets.

A-K looks angrily at the duck guy who just slammed his elbow in his face. "Ok, duck-boy. You hit me once, but now suffer my Arac Touch!"

With this, his hand connects, the duck thug falls down silently.

Prodigy races towards a group of Duck Thugs then slides to a halt. "Is it over already? Sheesh!"

Crackshot twirls his twin blasters cowboy-style, then for effect, pops off one shot cross-armed at the quacker closest to the door. "I got 'em!" he calls cheerfully.
Blast (Blasting): 7 vs ?? -> Major Success
... defeating him.

"Sorry, your fate has been written..." Yna fires her derringer at remaining duck thug on the left...
Blast (Shooting): 1d6 -1d6=1 + ?? vs ?? -> Moderate Success.
... defeating him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I don't think we really need a page three..

The terrified psychic screams of the paralyzed duck Thugs echo through Psiren's mind as they are subdued by both Psiren and Prodigy.

The possessed duck throws his gun to the floor and jumps over it in an attempt to break it...
(1d6 -1d6) +3=4 vs 3 -> moderate success
... and succeeds in breaking the weapon.

Immediately after breaking the weapon, Xokzatle reappears, and the Duck Thug passes out.

The group members who are near the reception hall's entrance-way are greeted by an unpleasant sight: The Duck Thug's reign of terror was not limited to the reception hall!

The adjoining concourse is in utter chaos due to the sheer amount of terrified convention attendees who are either cowering in fear or fleeing in a panic. What is more disturbing is that there appears to be hundreds of ducks scampering around the building's interior.

As the sheer weight of the revelation sinks, you wonder if the attack was more then just an attempt to jab a knife into the side of the super hero and crime fighter community. You wonder if there was more to the attack then just a doomed assault by a super-villain's thugs.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh...this is bad," Prodigy says wholly unnecessarily. "This is really bad." The golden armor swivels suddenly and starts whirring back towards the captured Duck Thugs.

"I need one of their weapons! One that still works!"

She grabs one of the 'duck rifles' and starts looking it over carefully...seeking out panels or removable plates she can open up to gain access to the weapon's inner workings...and perhaps find some kind of reversal function.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Prodigy
Prodigy removes the access plates on the duckification rifle, allowing her to pull out the weapon's circuitry boards for closer inspection. As she glances at the board she couldn't help to notice several things. The circuit boards appear to be standard mass produced boards that are available at any electronics store. Placed on these boards are a wide variety of electronics components including several odd looking components that you never seen before that are covered in strange markings. You then notice that several of the components are not even connected.
[sblock= Prodigy OOC]
.If you inspect some of the other guns, you will find that some of them don't even include the unconnected components, giving the impression that the makers decided not to include them. You assume this those unconnected components might have been used for the gun's "reverse ray."

Unfortunately, without a schematic or a completed weapon, you are unable to figure out the circuitry connections needed to make the reverse ray work.

[/sblock]
Crackshot
Some of the gun's components look famillier, and the writing on them look familier, so much they you know they are alien.
[sblock=Crackshot OOC] The writing on the components and their designs IDs them as having been created by the Masters. The Masters were known to have rays that caused those targeted by them to "enlarge." They, of course, were known to use these 'growth rays' on their Zentraedi foot soldiers before battle (since they knew that cloning and sustaining a race of giants would have been unfeasible), and *ahem* recreationally. However, as far as you know, they were not known to have built anything that could turn a target into another organism like the duckificion ray.

Unfortunately, you are not sure if some of the duckification ray's components might have originally been embedded within something you sold to any company on your lsit of beneficiaries. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

Seeing the mess, A-K jumps at a wall and uses this way, as he works a path toward the doors to make sure they are closed. He doesn't want to loose any ducks.

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 6/9
Determination: 4

[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Arac-Knight
Arac-Knight makes his way to the doors and closes them. From his position he is able to glance into the exhibition hall, and sees that there are even ducks over there. It looks as if the displays on one of the booths were ransacked.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The aztec priest, being relatively new in the heroes enterprise, makes his altar walk towards the others. "Apparently this was a planned attack. Someone wanted all of us here to hit all at once. A clever move, dign of a politician of the Sun God."

Shayuri

First Post
Prodigy fiddled with the opened guts of one of the duck rifles, then gave an exasperated grunt.

"It's no good. There are pieces here I think could be connected to reverse the effect...but there's more than one way to do it. I'd need to see how it's done, or a schematic before I could do it myself. Otherwise we could make things a lot worse by experimenting with settings that we know nothing about."

She slung one of the intact rifles over her shoulder. "If nothing else I can try to analyze it in more detail back at the lab."

"Until then, I guess all we can do is get people calm, collect the ducks, and hope no one gets hurt before we can reverse it, or it wears off."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Crackshot holsters his blasters and scoops up one of the rifles for examination. He looks the barrel up and down; his cheery smile melts into a frown of concern.

"Oh, I've seen rifles like these before... they've been tampered with, to be sure."

Turning to Prodigy, Crackshot adds, "I'm pretty sure the process is reversible, but until we figure out how, I'm also pretty sure that it's permanent."

To the Aztec, Crackshot says, "It smells more like a test run for the rifles... or a very elaborate distraction."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
One of the convention center's security guards approaches the group as they are discussing the rifles. "Pardon me, if your team is investigating the attack, I think you should head to the exhibition hall. Some of the attendees have reported that five other men in duck outfits and a guy dressed like a zookeeper raided one of the booths in the Exhibition Hall then stole an item from a display. Also, several people mentioned that the man in the zookeeper outfit got into a brief scuffle near that booth."

Remove ads