[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: It's STR in stamina every hour or full recovery between chapter in an adventure. If anything it's been about 30 minutes... and I consider that fight as being a separate chapter, so technically you're healed.

The following items are missing from the display:

The Key of Luuz
According to the description the Key of Luuz is a staff-like technological device that belonged to the Luuz the Keymaster, a super villain that claimed to have been an extra-dimensional entity. The Key is believed to have the ability to amplify powers and open portals.

The Hooded Patriot's rhinestone double eagle belt buckle.
This belt was part of the Hooded Patriot's outfit during his later years of his career as a crime fighter. The belt contains a two linked gold and silver castings of the Seal of the United States on a white ostrich leather plate cover. The belt has no special abilities.

Oswald's Magic Bullet
Oswalds magic bullets have the ability to hit any target. There was only one bullet left, and now it's gone.

Last edited:

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Psiren Int 5 Awe 7 Wil 7

"Nothing that this lady remembers, though she put up a good fight, the Zoo Keeper, who ever he is, seems to be running this show and he wears an LA Zoo logo. Not sure what that means.

As she talks Psiren will reach out to the ducks and try and calm them a little.

Ooc[sblock]I'm willing to spend determination for this trick, any roll needed, Psiren would like to try and keep the victims sane while we work out how to fix this.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

"Hm, when I read the description of the missing items, I would say two of them would be useful for an assassination. Teleport for quick transport and a never missing bullet, but why the belt...?"
A-K thinks aloud.

"Maybe his headquarter is in the zoo?", he suggests to Psiren.

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 9/9
Determination: 4

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Perhaps it was taking for misleading us, as it has no apparent power. And we are certain it must be one person they want killed, as there is only one bullet." analyses Xokzatle.

Shayuri

First Post
"How does the bullet work?" Prodigy wants to know. "Does it just go after whoever you aim it at, or is it more like a bloodhound? Does it need to get someone's 'scent' first? Because the belt might be for that."

"In fact," she muses, "maybe that's what the key is for. Boost the bullet's tracking ability so that it can follow a target anywhere. Use the belt to target it..."

"Of course, that would mean the Zookeeper wants to assasinate the Hooded Patriot."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That is another distinct possibility. However this hero has retired; why then assassinate him? We should check this place entirely, perhaps there are more clues around. After that we should go to the zoo Psiren pointed out." suggest the aztec priest

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
As she talks Psiren will reach out to the ducks and try and calm them a little.

OOC: I assume you are tagging your "Mistress of EMotion" aspect to do it, so here it goes...
Telepathy Stunt: Mass Mental Suggestion: "You are not a duck"
(1d6 -1d6) +7 -4=2 vs ?? -> Partial Failure
Note: Spending an additional point of determination will allow you to receive a moderate success on pretty much all of the affected ducks.

Psiren send out a mental suggestion to the ducks, however she knows that she was unable to help out every duck.

"How does the bullet work?" Prodigy wants to know. "Does it just go after whoever you aim it at, or is it more like a bloodhound? Does it need to get someone's 'scent' first? Because the belt might be for that."

"That is another distinct possibility. However this hero has retired; why then assassinate him? We should check this place entirely, perhaps there are more clues around. After that we should go to the zoo Psiren pointed out."

Searching through the booth you find a binder which contains alittle more information about the different items in the booth:

According to the binder's info, the merchants did not know how to activate the Key of Luuz. Thankfully, the reason for that is because the key's power source is currently missing. However, if someone were able to find a compatible power source or back engineer one...

In order for the bullets to work, the assassin would have to preform a ritual of sorts: The assassin must hold the while observing the target for several minutes. Then the assassin must visualize the bullet's intended target while loading the weapon and repeating the target's name.

You also find several small concealed wireless video cameras that seem to be sending a video feed to the laptop, however, the feed's program was inadvertingly closed when the table was flipped.

Last edited:

Bold or Stupid

First Post
OOC: I assume you are tagging your "Mistress of EMotion" aspect to do it, so here it goes...
Telepathy Stunt: Mass Mental Suggestion: "You are not a duck"
(1d6 -1d6) +7 -4=2 vs ?? -> Partial Failure
Note: Spending an additional point of determination will allow you to receive a moderate success on pretty much all of the affected ducks.

Psiren send out a mental suggestion to the ducks, however she knows that she was unable to help out every duck.

Ooc - tagging my aspect gives me one right? If so I'll spend one to do it. If not I won't

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC:
Well, you had to tag the aspect to use determination. Which means you should have 1 determination left (since using the stunt used up the determination you got from dealing with the Mite). You don't have to tag another aspect to use it on the same stunt.

To get a point of determination you can compel an aspect/challenge. It is essentially the same as tagging but with a negative connotation (real or perceived) or a negative consequence.

As perverse as it sounds, you could compel "Seen as a potential risk - due to very public harming of a large number of people" to gain a point of determination to prevent the ducks from going insane.

Remove ads