If the HIVE had a Heroes Power, what would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
How goes DKT?

Ah well... seems I missed folks.

Not too bad. Finally getting around 40 hour work weeks. Not sure how long that's gonna last... That getting only around 32 hours puts a crimp in the wallet. Had to nix the Disney trip I was going to take next month due to the friend who was going not being able to afford his half....

The_Warlock

Explorer
Not too bad. Finally getting around 40 hour work weeks. Not sure how long that's gonna last... That getting only around 32 hours puts a crimp in the wallet. Had to nix the Disney trip I was going to take next month due to the friend who was going not being able to afford his half....

Yeah, group trips can be tough, especially when the workload or bills get in the way of the cash that was supposed to be set aside.

While it hasn't happened yet, I can actually sense the overtime winds starting to blow. Irritating for relaxation, good for paying off bills.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
While it hasn't happened yet, I can actually sense the overtime winds starting to blow. Irritating for relaxation, good for paying off bills.

At least Overtime winds are a lot better then lay off winds. With all the financial chaos thats blowing it seems like a lot of people are expecting either Overtime or the Axe.

The_Warlock

Explorer
Luckily, the last two months have actually been nearly our best this year. Though the boss did agree to some slightly tighter timelines than was best.

Ah well, not like that's something new.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Had never even heard of it, but then again, US civil-war has never been an interest of mine. I think I even know the name Custer only because of that old movie with Errol Flynn :D.

The only time I've ever learned anything about our Civil War was due to my mother, who's a big buff.

Assuming my memory is true... Sherman burned all of Atlanta and burned everything in his path as he went throughout the south. He destroyed everything in his path rather than conqueor or capture.
Only partially true. Sherman didn't burn everything along the way, as a matter of fact until they started being pursued by angry southern troops, Sherman's army had a following a freed slaves tagging along behind. (however they were left on a bank after crossing a river somewhere (can't remember where at the moment) and most likely perished by the southern troops. (some drowned trying to swim across)

Atlanta was burned due to some sort of event between the Atlanta garrison and Sherman's aide. History doesn't hold the exact account, but there was a partial diary that stated that the conquered Atlantian garrison refused to give in to Sherman's demands for supplies and such and his aide, who was handling the negotiations told the troops to loot what they needed. Needless to say, the aftermath of this looting is quite well known. (I.e. the fire.)

It is true however, the Sherman was strictly on a forced march, he did not stop to occupy, but stripped each location of their material and logistical support even destroying railroads and cutting telegraph lines in some places.

This has been your hive mind history minute. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads