• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

If you could only play one---

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Slight amendment...if we restrict to 5e only, it would be a human warmage. Intelligence-based non-Vancian cantrip master, that I can modify in a ton of different directions.

Satyrn

First Post
I obviously failed to read the title of the thread or follow the request to choose only one option. I am surprised that nobody called me out on it. This is the internet, home of self-righteous indignation and hyperbolic condemnation after all.

Anyways, I if i had to pick one thing to actually be I suppose that I would go with an Elf for the extended life expectancy of at least half a millennia and Wizard to have the power to enjoy it. Maybe a Drow just to be edgy, but I would have to be a good Drow so I could be a unique little snowflake. Actually, I remember creating a Drow Wizard shortly after the original Fiend Folio came out, because they actually had a section on creating stats. Of course, that was long before Drizz't hit the bookshelves.

Drow Wizard was my first ever character!

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Goblin monk.

Working with people and their problems day in and day out leaves me dreaming of enjoying life as a small, anti-social little git that punches things. And by things I mean people and their problems*.

*...I jest. Ok, I mostly jest.....!

Remove ads