If you had 25 levels play with...

Hygric

First Post
James McMurray said:

Then why not go to 13th as a Spellsword using the ELH? :)

'cause this way the character would be an 18th level sorcerer for spell-casting. And the other thing I like is 9th level spells (power word kill! Not the most powerful 9th spell, but I like it!) :)

Corlon

First Post
oooo, exactly the dilema I'm going through

Right now I'm swaying towards

Rogue 6, Wizard 5, Arcane Trickster 10, Archmage 4

Trainz

Explorer
I would take rogue, take the feats that swap you fortitude and will saves for your reflex save, and take feats to boost sneak attack.

It wouldn't do the most damage, obviously, but in high levels, survival often depends on saves, and the epic rogue is the best one by any stretch with those two feats.

James McMurray

First Post
I would probably go for Wizard 25. You don't really need much more than that. Of course, if I were wanting to be truly broken, I'd probably go for Incantrix and Archmage levels as well.

Improved Metamagic is a killer.

If you went Epic Spellcaster, what resources do you have for creating Epic Level spells. Also, will your DM allow an item that gives +30 to Spellcraft? If so, its fairly easy to devise some potent and easy to cast Epic Spells.

Pax

Banned
Banned
James McMurray said:

Why Rogue 10? I would think that having some spellcasting ability of your own would make it realy easy to stay fully sharged with Spellfire at all times. Going Sorcerer, you could easily drop all offensive spells (or at least most) and replace them with utility spells. Of course, I'm not too up on my Spellfire rules, so maybe there's a reason not to be a spellcaster.

Why rogue 10? Two words:

Sneak attack. :)

Use one spellfire "level", get +5d6 sneak attack, for a net of 6d6 damage. Three times per round. As a standard action!

Oh, and opportunist. :cool:

And, ofc, it should be Rogue (10)/Spellfire Channeller (10) / Spellfire Heirophant (5) ... oops.

Anyway, a SpChan (10) can easily "recharge" using ultracheap wands of Detect Magic or the like (via the "Drain charged item" ability ... one charge, regardless of spell level, is one spellfire level ...).

Another alternative would be Sorceror (20) / War Wizard of Cormyr (5). Just going Sor(15)/WWoC(5), I can get the Charisma modifier up to the +10-ish level for spellcasting without breaking a sweat ... that's a LOT of free "super Widen" uses per day. GREAT for chewing through armies, not so great for crawling about in teeny, tiny dungeons. Heh.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Telepath 6, Shadow Mind 9, Arch Psion 5, Constructor 5

Tainted super astral constructs AND DC 55 fort or will saves depending on your opponent! :)

Or green bald gnome Savant 16/Psychic Warrior 9 with deep impact and a vorpal sword, a funny accent, and Frank Oz. :)

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
If it is your first Epic Level character, why not trying a full 25 levels single class? Just play a straight Fighter 25 and test as many combat epic feats you can take, or a Wizard 25 with improved metamagic and/or spell slots over 9th level, or again a Rogue 25 with a couple of Epic Skill Focus in thief-like abilities and over-the-top sneak damage.

After all, you said you are just testing epic stuff for a session or something... later you'll make your favorite character and you'll have already seen how some epic abilities work.

Well I don't know if everyone immediately played multiclass or prestige PCs in 3ed, but my players all wanted to explore the single class features before making complex combinations :)

Kae'Yoss

First Post
I already have a Fighter 5 /Wizard 1/ Bladesinger 15/ Divine Champion of Corellon Larethian 4. Nice one. Can do over 300 points of damage - if the enemy has a very low AC, so I can use Power Attack to the may. OK, that doesn't happen often, but once it did, we were fighting a Genius Loki (the critters have AC 0). In order to avoid getting hit, I used the "Bladesinger's Spring Attack" (being hasted, tumble there, then make the full attack with Song of Fury, resulting in 5 Attacks. As the free bladesinger spell, you use Dimension Door to get away.)

Remove ads