If Your Prone ....

MINI

First Post
If your prone and a dragon breathes fire on you, do you still get a reflex save? I looked this up in the rules compendium and it seems to be a rule that is subject to at least some interpretation so I was interested to see what anyone thought of this?

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
shilsen said:
Yes. Being prone doesn't affect your saves in any way.
This is correct. It makes sense too... it would be hard to say whether you should get a bonus (because you ducked) or a penalty (because you can't dodge so well). So on balance, making it irrelevant seems like a good way to go.

MINI

First Post
I did look in th rules compendium on his. It was sketchy at best but i think the possibility of denying a dex mod to the save was mentioned. On another note, I seem to remember in older editions like 1st and 2nd that a breath weapon save was explained as getting out of the way or hiding behind something, so to play devil's advocate in defense of that veiwpoint, is it possible to deny teh save since your prone and there is no way you could move out of the way or hide behind something? I'm just looking at all the angles of thought here.

Nyarlathotep

Explorer
Not only do you get a Reflex save while prone, but you threaten and can take attacks of opportunity. The only penalty for being prone is an AC Penalty and a penalty to attack rolls.

You still get a Reflex save if you're sleeping (albiet with a -5 Dex penalty).

Remove ads