IG's Legend of The Ripper [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Autumn said:
"Ya got somethin' t'say, say it from there."

"Ha!" the woman laughs. She looks to be of orcish heritage, but she's not wholly unpleasant to look at. She stop's at Fen's command. "Well we can't have a date with you all the way over there now, can we? Come over here, and I'll show you something worth your time."

Autumn

First Post
Fen's hard stare doesn't change or waver, and his stance doesn't relax an inch. He chews away in stolid silence for a long moment before finally opening his mouth.

"Ever hear 'bout the Ripper, gal?" he drawls slowly, gracing her with a mirthless smile of yellowed teeth. "'Course yeh have. Don't reckon there's any kid grows up round these parts as doesn't get told that story ta scare 'em quiet."

He lapses back into silence for a moment, still staring hard at the woman. "They say it was streetwalkers that he specially liked, y'know? He'd go prowlin' round the alleys on a foggy night, like he was lookin' for a good time. Well I guess he was, after all. Not everyone gets their kicks the same way, right?" He grins wider.

"So he'd pick up some diseased whore, and they'd mosey on to some place where there was nobody round to hear." He starts walking towards her, pace by measured pace. "And they'd be gettin' all cosy, and maybe she'd be just about hitchin' up her skirts when she'd feel a knife slip 'tween her ribs. That's how it'd start, sure, but it ain't over that quick. Nope, he liked to play with 'em. They say he'd keep his gals alive fer hours, teasin' and playin' with 'em."

He's close to her now. He looks away for a moment, spitting on the floor, and then looks back at her with a shrug. The intensity is gone from his face.

"They say he's back - him, or someone as close as makes no difference. If I was you, gal, I wouldn't be plyin' my trade round these parts right now." He jerks his head in the direction of the alley's exit. "Run along, why dontcha?"

[sblock=OOC] Dunno how you like to do these things IG, but feel free to make an Intimidate check with Fen's mighty -1 modifier if you want to. I guess I'd be angling for a circumstance bonus, but obviously that's up to you. ;)[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Autumn said:
Fen's hard stare doesn't change or waver, and his stance doesn't relax an inch. He chews away in stolid silence for a long moment before finally opening his mouth.

"Ever hear 'bout the Ripper, gal?" he drawls slowly, gracing her with a mirthless smile of yellowed teeth. "'Course yeh have. Don't reckon there's any kid grows up round these parts as doesn't get told that story ta scare 'em quiet."

He lapses back into silence for a moment, still staring hard at the woman. "They say it was streetwalkers that he specially liked, y'know? He'd go prowlin' round the alleys on a foggy night, like he was lookin' for a good time. Well I guess he was, after all. Not everyone gets their kicks the same way, right?" He grins wider.

"So he'd pick up some diseased whore, and they'd mosey on to some place where there was nobody round to hear." He starts walking towards her, pace by measured pace. "And they'd be gettin' all cosy, and maybe she'd be just about hitchin' up her skirts when she'd feel a knife slip 'tween her ribs. That's how it'd start, sure, but it ain't over that quick. Nope, he liked to play with 'em. They say he'd keep his gals alive fer hours, teasin' and playin' with 'em."

He's close to her now. He looks away for a moment, spitting on the floor, and then looks back at her with a shrug. The intensity is gone from his face.

"They say he's back - him, or someone as close as makes no difference. If I was you, gal, I wouldn't be plyin' my trade round these parts right now." He jerks his head in the direction of the alley's exit. "Run along, why dontcha?"
As Fen steps in close to the woman, he is suprised when she closes the distance even more, coming right up to him, whispering. "Maybe it should be you the one that's runnin', for 'taint just whore he's killin' anymore." She brushes Fen cheek with her index finger, and looks positively giddy.

This woman has certainly lost her wits, Fen thinks to himself. She puts her face close to his, and Fen finds himself frozen for just a moment. What is she about.

And she whispers, "I know it's not you; he's already been here tonight. I can show you what I mean, just around this corner." Her smile is genuine, and perhaps that terrifies Fen more than anything.

Autumn

First Post
Fen stops short, his jaw working rhythmically and his eyes showing no sign of the shock he feels as he mentally readjusts to the situation.

With a sudden fluid motion he steps swiftly away from her, grabbing his crossbow and leveling it at her with one hand. His free hand motions towards the corner. "Alright," he grunts. "No funny business, y'hear? Show me."

He gestures for her to go first.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Xao watches the exchange tensely. Despite his measured breathing, thoughts race wildly through his head. Fen is too close to her. We are too far to help him. The Ripper has been killing men this time, maybe Fen is in danger. Maybe the woman is Mari Kell's spirit. Maybe the woman is the Ripper!

Jolted out of his reverie, Xao strides quickly towards the two figures. He calls out loudly through the rain, "Wait! If you would say something to him, you would say it to all of us."

PhoenixAsh

First Post
Dacen opens his mouth to object as Xao moves forward, then thinks better of it. Truth be told, he is tired of hanging back and wary of the woman taking Fen around the corner and out of sight.

He steps forward, following after Xao. Noting Fen's crossbow leveled at the woman he looks sternly at her, "Everything alright here?"

Rayex

First Post
Rexy, seeing the others reacting, follows their lead and heads towards what is happening in the alley. She puts her hand on the scabard of her blade, in case it might be needed unsheatning.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The woman smiles dreamily at Fen even as he aims his crossbow at her significant chest. Her lasciviousness fades, however, upon seeing the others approach, and nearly turns to outright anger when she notices Rexy. "Leavin' me for another woman already?" she says, her voice full of contempt. She rolls her eyes and turns into an alley behind her.

The narrow alley leads into a small courtyard. The few doors and windows facing this area have been boarded up. Sprawled on the cobbles, amidst the weeds and trash, is, in fact, a corpse. The body has been almost completely dissected. Organs have been lined up neatly next to the corpse. Bits of flesh hang from an old clothesline, and two eyeballs watch with interest from a rotting window sill. If only their companion, a thick red tongue, could tell you who did this filthy deed.

Schmoe

Adventurer
Choking back his gorge, Xao advances slowly into the courtyard. Whatever did this was no spirit. He smooths the folds in his robes and stands quietly, looking at the boarded doors and windows around him.

Speaking in a calm, measured voice, he speaks to the empty walls. "Mari Kell, if you are here, know that we come to bring you peace. We will put an end to these murders and bring the Ripper to justice."

Xao then waits, silently, half-hoping to hear or see some sign of Mari's tortured ghost, but just as certain that he won't.

Remove ads