• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's SoW: Rescue at Rivenroar

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Okay, I'll do the Bad Cop and Intimidate)

Aliyas purses her lips in distaste as Peregrine does his bit, then steps forward to loom over the halfling from behind and glare down at the hobgoblin with cold, steely green eyes.

"Or," she says deliberately, hoping that this is the hobgoblin that she captured at bowpoint...she honestly has trouble telling one from another..."if you don't want to talk to him, then you can deal with me."

The words are spoken without much inflection, but her hard stare and cold intonation betrays little doubt that dealing with her will be far less agreeable than talking to the little paladin.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Morrik bounces his eyes from the warlock to Aliyas's bow and snarls weakly before he drops his gaze completely, as if he's waging some internal war.

Successes: 3/Failures: 0

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
OOC: Jormund's up. He'll start with some History, which looks like Elas could assist on. History: 25

Jormund eyed the military markings on the hob, and the odd sigul in blood. Addressing the others, he comments, Even in my far off home, the war of the Red Hand is known. Something is odd here...

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: Jormund's up. He'll start with some History, which looks like Elas could assist on. History: 25

Jormund eyed the military markings on the hob, and the odd sigul in blood. Addressing the others, he comments, Even in my far off home, the war of the Red Hand is known. Something is odd here...

Jormund's comments get the hobgoblin's attention, and it looks up at the dwarf. "And the Red Hand will be known again under Sinruth's command."

Success 4/6; Failure 0/3

The Digger

First Post
Peregrine waves his arms at Aliyas and Elias. "Come now, there is no need for bad temper or threats. Morrik, I am sure, will be willing to help us. It is after all in his own best interests."

He turns back to the captive "You do know that don't you, Morrik. Cooperation with us is perhaps the only chance you've got to survive this in one piece. So come on, tell us more about Sinruth and what he could possibly be up to."

[sblock=OOC]Diplomacy = 16; Roll Lookup [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]That's 5-0 for the skill challenge, so I'm calling it finished. If you can't get 1 more success before three failures, we've got bigger problems to worry about. ;)[/sblock]

Morrik finally breaks and starts talking. He tells you that Sinruth is the leader of the new Red Hand, descendants of those that plagued Brindol so long ago, but the simple fact that they're flying the Red Hand logo upside down tells you they likely have no actual connection to the original Red Hand.

Morrik tells you that Sinruth plans to raise an army and carve out a fiefdom of his own, and that they are using the ruins beneath Castle Rivenroar as a base for now. He and the others were instructed to take slaves during the last raid to give to the "undead horrors" that guard part of the lair at Rivenroar.

Under gentle persuasion, Morrik draws a crude map of the location.

FYI: The network adapter on my computer went out yesterday, so I'm forced to use my wife's computer. Unfortunately, all my maps are on my computer, and without a proper network or internet access on mine, I can't get them over easily (them meaning all the maps, icons, and the maptools program itself). So anything requiring a map may be a little slow to update until I get a replacement adapter. They're cheap, so it shouldn't be too long, I hope.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The dwarf huffs, but takes note of the situation. We should tell this council. They should be informed whatever we do. He lets the more diplomatic of them deal with the matter.

Remove ads