• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IG's SoW: Rescue at Rivenroar

Shayuri

First Post
Aliyas holds up a hand and clears her throat.

"Rivenroar is too far to get there before sundown today, I think," she opines. "And if we just vanish, the humans might do something rash. Lets tell the leaders here what we learned and what we're doing...then leave. It won't take much longer, and it could save us a lot of trouble in the mid-term."

industrygothica

Adventurer
The guards direct you to the Council's quarters where three other men sit along side Councilman Troyas. He greets you warmly, but the others look a bit disgusted.

"Hello there. Tell me, have you learned anything from our new friend?"

Erekose13

Explorer
"Oh aye, we learned plenty. Some upstart thinks he's gonna resurrect the Hand, some dumb hob named Sinruth. Seems Sinruth had a bunch of people taken to Rivenroar where they's bein held. We're gonna head out in a few, but thought it best to run an update by you." says Brega when none of the others speak up.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Oh aye, we learned plenty. Some upstart thinks he's gonna resurrect the Hand, some dumb hob named Sinruth. Seems Sinruth had a bunch of people taken to Rivenroar where they's bein held. We're gonna head out in a few, but thought it best to run an update by you." says Brega when none of the others speak up.

Troyas hears your words and takes a moment to absorb them before he speaks. "It's best you not speak of it outside of this room, then. The war with the Red Hand was a long time ago, but not long enough to yet be forgotten. Talk of another battle with them may send this town into a frenzy." Troyas looks at the other councilmen, who seem bored and more than a little inconvenienced, then back at you again.

"Please, go then. Stop this Sinruth, and bring back our brothers. And again, thank you."

Shayuri

First Post
"We should point out," Aliyas says evenly, "That from what we could tell, Sinruth has nothing to do with the original Red Hand. They haven't even got the emblem right. They're simply trying to recapture glory long lost to them, by using an old name."

"That said, the people they took are in some danger...so we shouldn't delay too long. The captive provided a map, and I am an able pathfinder. I think we can get there quickly."

The Digger

First Post
"I think we should know who were the unfortunates who were taken captive. I hate to dwell on the possibility but some, or even all, could be no more. Can you give us names and descriptions of those captured, I believe you said there were seven?"

Peregrine is obviously unhappy about the possible fate of the captives.

"And one more thing. You mentioned trinkets that were stolen that you would like returned. What exactly were they? The captives will be our main concern of course, but if we see these items we will try to recover them."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads