I'm Dying to Try...

SnowleopardVK

First Post
I'm dying to try a game of WoD, new or old, vampire, werewolf, whatever (actually, changeling is the one that really appeals to me), in which everyone doesn't take everything so seriously to the point of things not being fun.

I've played WoD thrice (old vampire, new and old werewolf). So far it hasn't happened. But that's an issue with the players I've known, not the system.

If I have to pick something I've actually never played, I want to try d20 Star Wars, as it's one of the few RPGs my girlfriend might actually be interested in (she's a huge Star Wars fan).

Last edited:

innerdude

Legend
  • Runequest - Mongoose/RQII/Legend, don't care, just want to try it.
  • Ars Magica
  • The One Ring - I bought it, but my group is just not that into Tolkien. I, on the other hand, typically read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy once a year.
  • FantasyCraft - I'm pretty much going to insist, if my turn to GM comes up again later this year, that our Pathfinder campaign switch from the PFRPG rules to FC. If I'm going to deal with all of the "crunch" inherent in 3.x, I'd at least like it to be a highly coherent, focused set of crunch.

Stuff I don't actually own--

With PirateCat praising the GUMSHOE games up and down, I'd love to check out Night's Black Agents. Mission Impossible + Blade movies as an RPG? Heck yeah, sign me up! :)

On a related note, stuff I'm NOT dying to try--

• DCC RPG - On the surface this sounded very interesting. The more I've read / heard about from the early reviews, its appeal has dropped. I might pick up a PDF copy at some point just to check it out, but highly improbable I'll play / run it.
  • 5e - FantasyCraft has been the nail in the coffin for 5e for me. If I want "high fantasy" with a D&D feel, and want to deal with the "crunch," FC or Pathfinder take care of that (or as mentioned above, Runequest). If I want rules-lite fantasy, Savage Worlds or a FATE-based system work better.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I want to at least try to play Bunnies & Burrows. It'd be the greatest experience of my life.
I played with the creator as GM. He spent the whole game trying to hit on one of the teenaged girls playing. It was a little creepy and not what I'd expected.

With PirateCat praising the GUMSHOE games up and down, I'd love to check out Night's Black Agents. Mission Impossible + Blade movies as an RPG? Heck yeah, sign me up! :)
I can not say enough good things about this game. So I'll let someone else!

http://hellyeahgamemasters.tumblr.com/post/22841320762/shouldve-read-the-cover-blurb

Funny, and exceptionally flattering.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'm actually pretty hot to try the new HackMaster. I just read a sample of play in Knights of the Dinner Table #186, and it looked really cool.

Dread and Fiasco would be the 2 games at the top of my list, probably followed by Toon!

Feng Shui, Paranoia, Call of Cthulhu and X-Crawl would be the games that I have only played a couple of one-shots of that I would love to play again.

Olaf the Stout

Elf Witch

First Post
I am dying to play in a Dresden game and a Firefly game.

I don't have the Dresden game but I have the Firefly and I just can't get anyone interested.

grodog

Hero
Stuff I'd like to run:
- AD&D "thieves"-only, guild-based campaign
- Kult/Mage/CoC crossover
- Blue Planet

Stuff I'd like to play:
- Eclipse Phase
- Gumshoe (yes, I too am a victim of PC marketing ;) )
- Amber

Stuff I'd like to play or run:
- Ars Magica
- CoC

Remove ads