• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm recruiting new players - how does this sound?

Nyaricus

First Post
So, it has come to this: I don't have enoguh players. I've sent emails out to some people I've previously gamed with - either life is in the way or they haven't sent back a response :)\). Thus I'm doing what I can and putting up an add in my FLGS recruiting new players to game with us. I know this could be tricky, but I'm down to my last player at this point (one of my two best friends; my [other] best friend is 2 months into a 6 month trip right now, so he's out as well). And all this coming from a guy who had up to 11 people in his groups this time last year (too many, anyways - but still!). Oh well, many have left or gone their own ways - fine with me; that's life.

Anyways, my main question is this: I've written up this note I'll be posting and I'm wondering if I'm leaving out any more basic details with it. Is there anythign else I could do with it? Thanks in advance; I'm just kinda concerned how this is going to go down.

Attention D&D Players!! (this being in large, 'D&Dish' font)

Hi there! My name is Ryan and I’m a Game Master for a weekly D&D game. We play Saturdays from 5 or 6 pm to around midnight, and are looking to add some new players to our group – hopefully you! The group will consist of me as DM and around 4 to 6 players (well, that's the hope anyway). We are all around 18 years of age and play D&D 3.5 edition in either Forgotten Realms or my homebrew Ascension; although I am not against running a game in a different setting, prep-time and familiarity pending.

Players of all experience levels are welcome! If you are a newbie to D&D, we can supply dice and a Players Handbook (‘PHB’), although if you are familiar with the system we will expect you to being your own. Characters will be rolled up at the table, sheets supplied by me – so no need to bring your own! Pretty much the only thing left is to bring your imagination for some good times with us!

To contact: please email (preferred) me at Nyaricus [at] hotmail [dot] com or phone (xxx-) xxx-xxxx

And the jury says:

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Looks good to me. You might want to consider some description of just where between roll and role playing your group is (especially if you're at one extreme or another), but it's not really necessary.

Nyaricus

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Looks good to me. You might want to consider some description of just where between roll and role playing your group is (especially if you're at one extreme or another), but it's not really necessary.
That's true... it's kinda hard to say though. My (single) player has been playing with me since Feb of last year adn is only *now* going through and reading the combat chapter back-to-back - even though he loves tanks *frazzeled, strained look*

I'm not sure how I run my games, since I get about 3% player feedback (this is a total since I started GMing). I *strive* for some good ROLE playing, but I like plenty of hack'n'slash myself, so there's that too.

Maybe I should put somehting like that in...

Thanee

First Post
Tired of WoW?

Always doing the same quests over and over.
Always seeing the same monsters.
No excitement, nothing is fresh and new.

Try some real roleplaying.

It's where the true fun is! :D

Bye
Thanee

wmasters

First Post
It might be worth being a bit more versatile with the time as well if possible. Sat night is possibly the night in the week that's going to be most contested by other activities.

See who's interested, and try and work a time that's convinient for everyone. Also, it might be worth checking out dnd.meetup.com

Nyaricus

First Post
Thanee, that was pretty funny :D

wmasters said:
It might be worth being a bit more versatile with the time as well if possible. Sat night is possibly the night in the week that's going to be most contested by other activities.
I do of course understadn this; but we have been playing on that night for a year and a half. If it comes down to it, we would probably be able to change it, but for now those are the cards I've been dealt.

wmasters said:
See who's interested, and try and work a time that's convinient for everyone. Also, it might be worth checking out dnd.meetup.com
I will do so - thanks!

Nyaricus

First Post
Good news! A girl who I introduced to playing D&D (though she's stood by and watched another group play before a few times) has emailed me and said that she still wants to play! Out of the 8 people I've emailed, that's TWO!! Woot!

wmasters, I made a profile on that site and already sent out an email to a guy who has been playing D&D for 7 years (like me :p) and who like Forgotten Realms (like me :p) - thanks so much for the link and hopefully something will come of this :D

tonym

First Post
Nyaricus said:
...Is there anythign else I could do with it? Thanks in advance; I'm just kinda concerned how this is going to go down.

Looks good to me.

Maybe add some art to attract eyes.

And maybe write your phone number or email address on several tabs along the bottom, so folks without a pencil can easily tear-off your contact info.

Tony M

Nyaricus

First Post
tonym said:
Looks good to me.

Maybe add some art to attract eyes.

And maybe write your phone number or email address on several tabs along the bottom, so folks without a pencil can easily tear-off your contact info.

Tony M
Well, it'll be at my FLGS, so likely they could lend a pen out to do so.

Art might be an idea :) Something by Wayne Reynolds, of course :D

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
If you're on a public transportation route you might want to include that, although anyone thinking of using it will obviously need to bum a ride home. However, if you're playing at the FLGS you need to put that in your ad. (Obviously, I have no idea how late it stays open, but some are until midnight.)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads