• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm recruiting new players - how does this sound?

Conaill

First Post
Main things that seem to be missing:

- Character level? "I am fine with playing non-epic campaigns" to me reads like "I'd really love to play epic campaigns, but I'll reluctantly play one around lvl 15". Or do you typically start at lvl 1 and slowly work you way up to mid-levels?

- What is your playing style and level of maturity? Hardcore roleplayers vs hack-and slash? Do you game to hang out, or hang out to game?

Nyaricus said:
Here's the newest incarnation, with changes:

So, does it still read well?

Well, I think you should change "being" to "bring" in the following portion: "we will expect you to being your own..."

And, if you do post it somewhere, please do the "rip-off tabs" at the bottom. It's a million times more convenient than having to bug the staff for a pencil and paper. If the staff is busy and can't fetch the pen & paper right away, you lose.

Jaws

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
And, if you do post it somewhere, please do the "rip-off tabs" at the bottom. It's a million times more convenient than having to bug the staff for a pencil and paper. If the staff is busy and can't fetch the pen & paper right away, you lose.
I agree.

I found that if you tell the people who work at the FLGS about your game, they will know what people to suggest to look at your poster.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Nyaricus

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Pity yer not in Minneapolis or I'm not in Manitoba. I could use a new group. Found out the game got cancelled despite our making plans for it 3 DAYS AGO!

Oh, and I don't really have any advise for the flyer. Sorry. Our group has tried that and only managed to find weirdos who we either don't want to game with or who don't want to game with us.
Dude, someday we'll have to do a 1 shot when I take a trip to the US or you come to Canada. Promise :) Good luck with finding a group man.

Michael Silverbane, the plan I have is that on the 19th (hopefully) I'll be running a D&D game at my FLGS during the afternoon. I'll be running one of the low-level modules with pregens (Dwarf Fighter, Elven Wizard, Halfing Rogue, Human Cleric and so on...) and we'll game and see how it goes. If the people I game with now are okay with the newcomers, we keep them. If not, then a polite "sorry I don't think our gaming styles match" will be issued. I'd also like to sit down and have a coke or something with them as well, just to check em out IRL beforehand.

Primitive Screwhead, that was almost exactly the plan I had - 'great minds..." and all that :D

Conaill said:
Main things that seem to be missing:

- Character level? "I am fine with playing non-epic campaigns" to me reads like "I'd really love to play epic campaigns, but I'll reluctantly play one around lvl 15". Or do you typically start at lvl 1 and slowly work you way up to mid-levels?
I've already mentioned about twice upthread that I don't have a current game running and that I'll be willing to game non-epic only.

Perhaps to avoid confusion with posters, I should simply put that into the article.

Conaill said:
- What is your playing style and level of maturity? Hardcore roleplayers vs hack-and slash? Do you game to hang out, or hang out to game?
This is actually a poignant oversight that I should add in - thanks for that :D

Barendd Nobeard said:
Well, I think you should change "being" to "bring" in the following portion: "we will expect you to being your own..."
Good catch :)

Barendd Nobeard said:
hmmm, I knwo how to do this, it's just a bugger to get formatted right. oh well, away I go...

Jaws, good point :)

Particle_Man

Explorer
You might want to add:

"It is expected that all players are people who bathe regularly. With soap. And 'regularly' means 'at least daily'."

It could save you some...unpleasant experiences. :)

Nyaricus

First Post
Particle_Man said:
You might want to add:

"It is expected that all players are people who bathe regularly. With soap. And 'regularly' means 'at least daily'."

It could save you some...unpleasant experiences. :)
lol, I'll be gaming at my FLGS first, so if they have hygeine problems, that'll be grounds for a phone call starting hi, "hi there, we regret to inform you but you won't be invited back to our table ..."

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
Dude, someday we'll have to do a 1 shot when I take a trip to the US or you come to Canada. Promise :) Good luck with finding a group man.

Hey, that would be sweet. Primitive Screwhead lives close enough he could game with us. :)

Not really much in Minnesota to check out, unless you like the MoA. However, doesn't Canada have the actual largest Mall in the world? I believe the people that worked on the first also worked on the MoA, except made ours a little bit smaller...

Is there anything cool to check out in Canada near where you live? I'd need some incentive to go somewhere even colder than here, although with our 100 degree temps recently, cooler could be nice right about now. ;)

Nyaricus

First Post
Dog Moon said:
Hey, that would be sweet. Primitive Screwhead lives close enough he could game with us. :)

Not really much in Minnesota to check out, unless you like the MoA. However, doesn't Canada have the actual largest Mall in the world? I believe the people that worked on the first also worked on the MoA, except made ours a little bit smaller...

Is there anything cool to check out in Canada near where you live? I'd need some incentive to go somewhere even colder than here, although with our 100 degree temps recently, cooler could be nice right about now. ;)
That would be totally awesome man - you and PS and me... gaming together... :D sweet! :D

I am an admitted mall rat, so MoA is cool with me (although I am moving in with my gf in the next few months so me travelling in the next... year or so isnt gonna happen :\)

Canada's largest mall is the West Edmonton Mall, two provinces west of me. Kinda out of the way :p

Manitoba now has a world-class hockey arena with amazing acoustics. I went to the Unholy Alliance Tour there and it was word-defyingly amazing! Besids that, there's a great music scene here with tons of venues (The Zoo and the West-End Cultural Centre are good ones), a museum, a big art gallery, tons of shopping in boutiques, etc. I dunno, I'm more into the music scene and hitting up a pool hall now and again for a beer and a game or two :)

Nyaricus

First Post
Actually, to continue the tangent here (and to shamelessly *bump* this thread), you really are not that far from me at all, given everything. That's actually pretty awesome :)

Arnwyn

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
If you're on a public transportation route you might want to include that, although anyone thinking of using it will obviously need to bum a ride home.
Nah - transit in Winnipeg runs past midnight, actually.

Dog Moon said:
Is there anything cool to check out in Canada near where you live? I'd need some incentive to go somewhere even colder than here, although with our 100 degree temps recently, cooler could be nice right about now.
I'm afraid that most of (populated) Canada (and Manitoba in particular) really aren't colder than Minnesota (and many places in Canada are much warmer!).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads