• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm recruiting new players - how does this sound?

Nyaricus

First Post
Emirikol said:
n:

Good to see you got some responses right away. My last bit of advice is that when you guys sit down for your first game (and anytime you get a new player) that you (or whomever is DMing) should go through your table rules:
1. Which books are allowed
2. If it's ok to skip and not call (and if it's chronic if people will be replaced)
3. If you stop your game for food or if people should eat before
4. If it's a good thing to be polite (or not ;)
5. If you get to re-roll 1's on healing stuff
6. Beer ok?
7. Whether you stop the whole game for people who go outside for their smoking addiction
8. If you want to drop out, just say you're too busy..don't just stop coming and don't tell anyone.
9. etc.

None of it's jerky-stuff, but it helps to talk about it with the players so you're all on the same page. It cuts down on DM-policing and hard feelings later.

All of that is from an article that Monte did in DUNGEON a year or so ago and there were some other table rules.

Basically, all the stuff that's not in your ad ;)

jh
Actually, that's kinda funny you mention that becasue awhile back (perhaps even before the crash??) there was a great thread about Table Rules here in General which I copy and pasted into a word doc and saved on my Hard Drive. I went though all the pages and deleted any repetitive table rules, and am finally down to FOUR PAGES of Table Rules :p

While I don't/won't use them all (ie the rather odd one which stood out for me was, "Drugs? Sure, just so long as you brought enough for everyone.", etc [:uhoh:]) They are definitly a great reference sheet which I'll be using to my advantage, in any case.

Thanks for bringing that up though, I need to make a rough draft of that for saturday, when we'll be creating characters :)

cheers,
--N

(and BTW, if you, or anyone else wishes for me to post that up, I can do so :))

devilbat

First Post
Nyaricus said:
On another note, devilbat, ... It sounds like you are in real estate, ... I would have kept this to a private email, but I see you have that setting turned off in your profile...

It's been turned on, and I've sent you a PM.

ssampier

First Post
Emirikol said:
Nyarcus:

I feel for you. If you've yet watched "Roleplayed" you'll feel even more depressed about not having enough gamers ;)

Anyways, I keep a PERPETUAL advertisement up here, WOTC, and the various game stores here in Denver, CO USA. I get a couple bites a month. Most of the people I can say, "We're full..but you may contact these other people."

Quite helpful. :D Thank you. This reminds of a Dragon magazine article they had some years back. It was the April issue (I think) and the art was cartoony (John Kovalic, maybe?) with a guy and a teddy bear (since he was kicked out of his group). I'll have to dig up that issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads