• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I'm so afraid

fl8m

First Post
My will save is pathetic and i'm running into a lot of creatures that like to dominate or use fear effects on me. other than a cloak of resistance (which he already has) what can items are out there to help my will save or make me immune to fear? I'm already planning to pick up a periapt of wisdom but i want to make sure i don't overlook any other items that could help.
If it matters he's a 12th lvl dwarven ranger/foe hunter

Gruns

Explorer
Some cheap stuff.

Just a couple of cheap suggestions:
Potions of Remove Fear and Protection from [Evil, most likely] are just 50gp each. As long as you know what you're going up against, (and as a ranger, why wouldn't you know?!?) you can quaff these before the showdown...
And there's always Iron Will...

Later!
Gruns

Greylock

First Post
Gruns said:
And there's always Iron Will...

Good feat, but he could take another class, or a PrC, with the higher Will save and get all the nifty new class bene's as well.

Sorry, I'm having a munchkin moment.

Caeleddin

First Post
Have the party's spellcaster cast Protection vs anything on you. That would stop domination effects on the spot and its very long lasting (hr/level, I believe).

Jack Simth

First Post
A luckstone or a luck blade grant a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws.
The spell (Greater) Heroism grants a morale bonus to saving throws; +2 (+4) for 10(1) minutes a level), as can the Bard's Inspire Heroics ability.
The cloak you already plan on getting gives you a resistance bonus to saves.
A Pale Green Prism Ioun stone grants a +1 competence bonus to saves.

Whimsical

Explorer
Become a lich. ;)

Heroes' Feast makes you immune to fear effects for 12 hours.

An item that grants continuous Protection from Evil would not be too expensive. Your DM would have to determine the cost because it's not in any book that I have seen, and it seems like a very obvious magic item that should exist in the core rules as a necklace with a holy symbol hanging from it.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Whimsical said:
An item that grants continuous Protection from Evil would not be too expensive. Your DM would have to determine the cost because it's not in any book that I have seen, and it seems like a very obvious magic item that should exist in the core rules as a necklace with a holy symbol hanging from it.
It also seems like a very obviously powerful item that should be much more expensive than the DMG pricing guidelines suggest. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads