• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook (aka The Worship Points System)

Status
Not open for further replies.
poilbrun said:

Hey poilbrun mate! :)

poilbrun said:
Just a quick question : are you still on track to deliver your work to the publisher on the 24th?

*cough* Probably. ;)

In hindsight I probably should have stuck with the end of March scenario I originally proffered.

I still might get things finished by the 24th though (worst case scenario end of March)

poilbrun said:
Not only am I growing impatient,

All good things come to those who wait! :)

poilbrun said:
but as the release dates of the books about deities (D&Dg and F&P) by WotC approach,

I am really looking forward to both. I want to get the Immortals Handbook finished before D&Dg is out so that I can have time to read it properly. ;)

poilbrun said:
it is becoming more and more important that you release your book soon so that there will be no copyright issue if WotC and you both had the same idea...

I wouldn't worry about anything WotC will do (I'm not) - I have been informed of a sneak preview (see the Hercules thread in the General Discussion Forum) of Deities & Demigods and for the most it is how I anticipated.

At a fundamental level they don't quantify divinity with worship so I already have one up on them! ;)

-Eä-

First Post
Greetings!

Ahh... Nice to see how things are developing (-;

Unfortunatelly I have been unable to derive a elementary function for experience points, although I have developed an infinite serie which will give the result. This, however IS cumbersome to compute, and I will therefore not include the mathemathics.

Well, back to the subject. My gaming group has recently decided to try to play Star Wars again - now with the D20 rules. My old character converts to a 16th level Jedi Consular (-: Are you, Upper Krust, familiar with the Star Wars rules?
The reason I'm asking, is that I think, once I have them, I may propose to introduce those rules to Star Wars (with some modifications, of course (major on the powers and philosophies)). It will certainly not be appropriate to use all of them in the SW-universe (in my opinion) but I think they may add some spice.
If you are familiar with the SW-rules and the SW-universe, do you think it would be difficult to introduce some "divine" parts to the system?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
-Eä- said:
Unfortunatelly I have been unable to derive a elementary function for experience points, although I have developed an infinite serie which will give the result. This, however IS cumbersome to compute, and I will therefore not include the mathemathics.

What part of XP are you trying to derive?

-Eä-

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

What part of XP are you trying to derive?

Tried to derive an elementary function for Upper Krust's XP-system... See earlier posts to see what I mean. If you are interested en the infinite serie I derived, just let me know.

-Eä- said:
Greetings!

Hey -Eä- mate! :)

-Eä- said:
Ahh... Nice to see how things are developing (-;

...its about time I suppose! ;)

-Eä- said:

Nevermind mate! It was always going to be an uphill struggle anyway.

-Eä- said:
Well, back to the subject. My gaming group has recently decided to try to play Star Wars again - now with the D20 rules.

Great! I always loved our Star Wars campaigns as much as our D&D stuff. :D

-Eä- said:
My old character converts to a 16th level Jedi Consular (-: Are you, Upper Krust, familiar with the Star Wars rules?

I'm not entirely familiar with the d20 rules (I have scanned through the book) but I have played the Star Wars RPG in the past. The exploits of Dak Phoenix (Jedi-Bounty Hunter) were legendary*...up until his unfortunate demise. :(

*As I am sure Simon will attest to...we had a lot of great Star Wars moments.

-Eä- said:
The reason I'm asking, is that I think, once I have them, I may propose to introduce those rules to Star Wars (with some modifications, of course (major on the powers and philosophies)). It will certainly not be appropriate to use all of them in the SW-universe (in my opinion) but I think they may add some spice.
If you are familiar with the SW-rules and the SW-universe, do you think it would be difficult to introduce some "divine" parts to the system?

Well without being totally familiar with the new rules I could only proffer a maybe I'm afraid. Perhaps they would be interesting powers and abilities for alien jedi or ancient sith masters (and the like)?

Hello again.

-Eä- said:
Tried to derive an elementary function for Upper Krust's XP-system... See earlier posts to see what I mean. If you are interested en the infinite serie I derived, just let me know.

Which was of course appreciated mate...

...but unnecessary since I already had a simple working system. ;)

Gez

First Post
Upper_Krust said:

The reason for the Optional Armor System was threefold:

#1. Natural Armour and Supernatural Deflection must be differentiated even if you don't acknowledge the difference within the mechanics - ie. still adding both to AC.

#2. Armor as 'damage reduction' actually makes sense...and I like things to make sense.

#3. Its optional and concise, and doesn't interfere in the flow of the book.

Yet, none of this is directly related to epic-level play or deity-level play... I think it's the thing the most likely to get removed for getting space in the printed version. :·/

I don't criticize the system, just think it is unrelated to the rest of the work... except if you can convince me that, like the CR system, the normal AC rules don't work for high level ;·) !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads