• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook (aka The Worship Points System)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyG

First Post
Thanks.

I'll check into the Inevitables when my MotP is returned.

A mix of that with axiomatic creatures and celestials should do nicely.

I wish you luck getting you book published, UK. When I first heard of your campaign a year ago, I had many doubts, but you've since convinced me that such levels of play are possible.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Krusty, just came to my mind.

How much of your work has stuff about "spirit deities". My god-characters have been that type. So, funny though it is, worhipper thing was one of those I never had much need for in my prior games. However, it does intrest me a lot, since I intend to lead one campaing toward certain character's ascension into godhood more traditional way.

Hi all! :)

Ace32 said:
Mustn't forget Anxiomatic creatures.

Hi there! :)

HeavyG said:
Thanks.

I'll check into the Inevitables when my MotP is returned.

A mix of that with axiomatic creatures and celestials should do nicely.

Anytime mate! :)

HeavyG said:
I wish you luck getting you book published, UK. When I first heard of your campaign a year ago, I had many doubts, but you've since convinced me that such levels of play are possible..

I appreciate the support! :)

Hopefully the book itself will convince a few more people!?

Impeesa said:
Someone dragged this Epic thread up over at wizards... some interesting comments, plus a little from me.

I remember the debate well, raged over Chrsitmas if I remember correctly. Lot of fun. :D

Zelda Themelin[/i] [B]Krusty said:
How much of your work has stuff about "spirit deities".

Almost as much as there is for "soul deities".

Remember Soul Deities gain the majority of their power from worshippers while Spirit Deities gain the majority of their power from siphoning cosmic energy.

They are both still deities - so aside from the information on faith/worshippers the rest of the book applies equally to both Soul and Spirit Deities.

Zelda Themelin said:
My god-characters have been that type. So, funny though it is, worhipper thing was one of those I never had much need for in my prior games. However, it does intrest me a lot, since I intend to lead one campaing toward certain character's ascension into godhood more traditional way.

Using Soul Deities gives a DM a lot more options - which is why I would advocate them above mere Spirit Deities for player characters. But both types are certainly valid.

Aaron2

Explorer
Upper_Krust said:

Optional Armor System (Appendix 4): Outlines rules for converting armor from deflecting attacks (adding to Armor Class) to absorbing damage (similar, in effect, to damage reduction).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Et tu?

In one appendix, you just crushed my desire to get his book.

Aaron

Re: Re: Immortals Handbook (aka The Worship Points System)

Hi there Aaron! :)

Aaron2 said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Et tu?

In one appendix, you just crushed my desire to get his book.

Thats certainly your prerogative. Though I would direct your attention to the word optional.

Perhaps you would care to expound on your reasoning?

Gez

First Post
HeavyG said:
I can summon outsiders that serve my deity with planar ally spells, but I can't figure out what would serve a LN deity. Good deities get all those celestials, evil deities could always be served by fiends. There's even Slaadi for the CN ones.

The only LN outsiders I can find are modrons and formians. You can see why it's not a viable (or fun) option. :)

First: I think the "one step" rule apply to all servants of a deity, not only the cleric ones. That means that you could potentially have Archons and Devils in the service of Red Knight. Not in the same team, however.

Also, Modron is always a fun option (but not viable, true). Formian are neither viable (for RK) nor fun.

Hello UK !

About this optionnal armor system... I do have a concern here: would it not be a bit off-topic ? I mean, in a book named "The Slayer Handbook", "The Quintessential Hack'n'Slasher", or "War", why not. But for a book about gods, an alternative combat system portion seems out of place.

poilbrun

Explorer
Hi U_K!

Just a quick question : are you still on track to deliver your work to the publisher on the 24th? Not only am I growing impatient, but as the release dates of the books about deities (D&Dg and F&P) by WotC approach, it is becoming more and more important that you release your book soon so that there will be no copyright issue if WotC and you both had the same idea...

Gez said:
Hello UK !

Hey Gez mate! :)

Gez said:
About this optional armor system... I do have a concern here: would it not be a bit off-topic ? I mean, in a book named "The Slayer Handbook", "The Quintessential Hack'n'Slasher", or "War", why not. But for a book about gods, an alternative combat system portion seems out of place.

The reason for the Optional Armor System was threefold:

#1. Natural Armour and Supernatural Deflection must be differentiated even if you don't acknowledge the difference within the mechanics - ie. still adding both to AC.

#2. Armor as 'damage reduction' actually makes sense...and I like things to make sense.

#3. Its optional and concise, and doesn't interfere in the flow of the book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads