• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - Ascension Discussion

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
beej said:
I think Vicissitude is the perfect ability for this. But I just realized that it has requirements she couldn't meet. :( (She's currently a Nymph Demi-Deity Druid3/Sor4/Arcane Hierophant17) I need at least 37 HD to even consider 40 ranks in a skill, and Disguise isn't a class skill for any of her classes even if I raise the HD.

So, the choice is to either alter her build (Bard instead of sorcerer), or raise her to 77HD (which is weird), or to ignore the requirements of Vicissitude (which feels... wrong). Any thoughts?

Thanks again for the help, and I'll try to post her stats when I'm finally done with her. :)

Just take the Divine Nescience cosmic ability. Since a cosmic ability is worth six divine ability slots, and each of her four artifacts would be equal to six divine ability slots worth' of abilities if given up, it shouldn't be a problem.

WarDragon

First Post
Somehow, I doubt a character with only 30 hit dice, and class abilities based entirely on Wis and Cha will have the 70 Int required for Divine Nescience.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
WarDragon said:
Somehow, I doubt a character with only 30 hit dice, and class abilities based entirely on Wis and Cha will have the 70 Int required for Divine Nescience.

Hm, I was looking at the table, which doesn't list it as having a prerequisite. B'oh!

Paragon

Wielder of the Power Cosmic
hello!

this talk about artifacts leaves me asking, what are the rules for trading artifacts for abilities or stats?

what's the artifact to whatever ratio i suppose?

sorry if this has been covered, i looked and couldn't find it.

thanks again!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Each immortal normally has four artifacts. If they have less than this, each artifact given up is worth a number of divine ability slots equal to the immortal's divine bonus. As a guideline, these should be spent on the most expensive power available (e.g. a greater god would gain sixteen divine ability slots for giving up an artifact, and so should purchase two cosmic abilities - each of which is worth six divine abilities - and four divine abilities).

WarDragon

First Post
Alzrius said:
Each immortal normally has four artifacts. If they have less than this, each artifact given up is worth a number of divine ability slots equal to the immortal's divine bonus. As a guideline, these should be spent on the most expensive power available (e.g. a greater god would gain sixteen divine ability slots for giving up an artifact, and so should purchase two cosmic abilities - each of which is worth six divine abilities - and four divine abilities).
And one divine ability is worth +2 to all ability scores. These can be traded on a 2-for-1 basis, or 1-for-1 if you have a portfolio that's related to the ability you're increasing.

Paragon

Wielder of the Power Cosmic
a quick portfolio clarification please :)

it seems like you gain 2 portfolios every time you gain a "level' of divinity, i.e. from prophet to hero-deity and from hero-deity to quasi-deity, or am i correct in reading that you always have 2 portfolios?

not trying to nit-pick, just trying to clarify.

thanks!

Remove ads