• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Immortals Handbook - Ascension Discussion

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Maybe in mundane, normal D&D, but maybe not in uber awesomesauce Krusty-verse D&D.

btw U_K, feel free to use that phrase, Krusty-Verse.

PS
I think in old school Forgotten Realms, before Mystra banned them, 10th level spells were not what one would equate to Epic Spells now, so maybe that's similar to what U_K's doing.

Er, no, Krusty just made a typo. It happens. I just pointed it out so he can add it to his list of errata for the errata file he discussed.

"Epic Spell" wasn't officially coined for 3.0/3.5 until the 3.0 Deities & Demigods, then again in 3.0 Epic Level Handbook.

It's very specifically in reference to 9th level + metamagic feats spells and Epic spells, which are considered 10th level spells.

Faerun isn't the first source for 10th level spells either. They've been around a while, particularly in Darksun.

Even Elven (HIGH MAGIC) spells were only 9th level originally.

Faerun's timeline has been revised several thousand times so it makes poor source material.

Evilmonkeygod

First Post
your just full of arguing and annoying people aren't you? Mystra did in fact ban 10th level and higher spells as one of those higher level spells was what was used to very, very briefly usurp her role as goddess of magic. FR's timeline may or may not have been revised a bunch of times, but that is one thing that has remained(4e sucktacularness not withstanding.)

also, did i say FR was the only soruce of 10th level spells? .....no, no i did not, its just the setting im most familar with having them.

and why must you assume i have no idea what or when epic spells were brought about? and are you positive Krusty made a typo? are you fully aware of whether or not there is going to be 10th level spells in his magic right up that'll be in Godsend?

stop being so argumentive with everybody.

Hey guys! :)

Technically dante is right this time, obviously it should say "Spells above 9th-level". Good spot, thanks for the feedback. ;)

Edit: Slightly more importantly, can anyone access my website. Seems its down again, it may be the final curtain call for my absent webspace provider.

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Edit: Slightly more importantly, can anyone access my website. Seems its down again, it may be the final curtain call for my absent webspace provider.

It's loading up just fine for me, and looks like it always does (the last update being on September 02, 2008).

dante58701

Banned
Banned
your just full of arguing and annoying people aren't you?

Not really, I was just pointing out the obvious. I'm sorry that offends you.

Mystra did in fact ban 10th level and higher spells as one of those higher level spells was what was used to very, very briefly usurp her role as goddess of magic. FR's timeline may or may not have been revised a bunch of times, but that is one thing that has remained(4e sucktacularness not withstanding.)

It is true that Mystra banned 10th level and higher spells, but...that wasn't official until much later in the scheme of things. When they wrote that into the novels they had to revise some things in Forgotten Realms.

also, did i say FR was the only soruce of 10th level spells? .....no, no i did not, its just the setting im most familar with having them.

I never said you did say Forgotten Realms was the only source. I just said it wasn't the first source. Although it is unlikely that Darksun or Forgotten Realms were the first source.

It was probably some obscure pamphlet, Dragon article, or Dungeon article.

and why must you assume i have no idea what or when epic spells were brought about? and are you positive Krusty made a typo? are you fully aware of whether or not there is going to be 10th level spells in his magic right up that'll be in Godsend?

Because you more or less indicate that you don't know when they first came about and I'm positive it was a typo.

stop being so argumentive with everybody.

This is a forum that is open for friendly debate. All things should be seen from a variety of perspectives.

That said, no offense was intended, but there is nothing I can do about how you perceive things.

Last edited:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Hey guys! :)

Alo =^.^=

Technically dante is right this time, obviously it should say "Spells above 9th-level". Good spot, thanks for the feedback. ;)

No problem =^.^=

I can access it. Seems fine to me.

On a different note entirely...

Will you be creating epic spells and epic prestige classes for transformation of characters into "advanced beings" like the Avangions and Dragons of Darksun?

This is something I'm sure more than a few people would like to see for Krustified 3.5 before it goes the way of the do-do bird.

Last edited:

Thanks for the feedback guys. The site was down, but it appears only for a few hours.

dante58701 said:
Alo =^.^=

Howdy! :)

On a different note entirely...

Will you be creating epic spells and epic prestige classes for transformation of characters into "advanced beings" like the Avangions and Dragons of Darksun?

The current epic spellcasting rules already allow you to transform into any monster...don't they?

This is something I'm sure more than a few people would like to see for Krustified 3.5 before it goes the way of the do-do bird.

I appreciate the support. :p

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Thanks for the feedback guys. The site was down, but it appears only for a few hours.

Sure thing. =^.^=

O.O Well I'll be a son'o'gun, waddup!!! O.O rotflmfao

The current epic spellcasting rules already allow you to transform into any monster...don't they?

Kinda, but it's not quite the same as the gradual change with a transformational class. Darksun doesn't quite cut it either. You can't use their material for every world. It's too campaign specific.

I'd like to see a krustified version of Advanced Beings before you give up on 3.5 entirely. We've yet to see you produce an Epic Prestige Class to go with all your epic stuff.

Something that turns you into a dragon or sharply taloned fiend would be awesome.

I appreciate the support. :p

4th Edition, you seem to focus on it a lot, this will naturally interfere with you producing large amounts of 3.5 material.

Remove ads