Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

Rockhoward56 said:
HI U-k! happy to see the second index page!

Hey there - glad you liked it.

Rockhoward56 said:
What about the preview of Surtur??? :p

I don't have it finished yet.

Rockhoward56 said:
And about Domedon Doxemedon , because your High Lord has another strange name lol maybe in Grimoire or another book?

I dunno, maybe. I don't see a great need for it and thus its not really serving any purpose.

I only need one High Lord example, not two.

Rockhoward56 said:
Can't wait for Ascension want the rules for divinity , feats etc.

:)

Rockhoward56 said:
And your website , you' ve made the stats for galactus as a Old One, before rules for ascension, maybe it's challenge ratings is no longer correct, with all the cosmic stuff to come with this release?? ;)

Galactus was created pre-Ascension, and there are no doubt some discrepancies (notably his artifacts). Once Ascension is finished I will go over Galactus again.

Rockhoward56 said:
Good luck pal , and good work!

Thanks.

Hey dante,

Before I begin do you think in future you could tone the harshness down a notch, I really don't think its called for, there could be kids reading this. If you constantly have to resort to insults (d*ck, dimwitted, idiots, jerks etc.) to make a point then you only end up making yourself look foolish.

Thanks.

dante58701 said:
Im thinking that people are forgetting something here...cohorts have cohorts too. At least thats always been my ruling. think of it this way. You join the army. You joined because your father joined and his before him and so on. When you join your loyal to your friends. Then a friend gets promoted, you keep being loyal. He in turn is loyal to some higher ranking guy. You think that higher ranking guy is a dick. So why do you stay? Are you the higher ranking guys cohort? :):):):) no...ur your friend's cohort. Even if a high level god has only CR15+ Minions, his minions in turn would have CR1+ minions of their own. That's why there's a command structure in organizations.

I think you are confusing something thats incredibly simple.

If cohorts are part of a retinue/army, then they don't all have their own individual retinues/armies, though they may well command fractions of the larger force.

dante58701 said:
Take me for example...I hate president bush. But Im loyal to this country because of the family and friends I have here. His charisma is about a 2...by all rights he should have no followers, but this country is filled with people who have low wisdom scores and refuse to think for themselves.

An interesting point, although I don't want to go off on a tangent with a political discussion.

Though I did see an interesting documentary (I think it was entitled "Outfoxed") recently about the Fox News network in America and how ridiculously biased it is towards the Republican Party and how it actually subverts the American people into believing lies and half-truths. However, the point I am trying to make is that in the real world the media plays a very big part in selling politicians to the masses, thats something a fantasy campaign doesn't really have to deal with.

If you were playing a d20 Modern campaign your Leadership Score would probably have a Media modifier/penalty.

dante58701 said:
The same circumstances could apply to fantasy campaigns. Even idiots with bad personalities can rule the land, provided even bigger idiots allow such an atrocity. High charisma scores and leadership skill dont truly help much when your using fear to rule the land. High charisma and leadership can help...but they are quite optional from any realistic standpoint. Only in an idealized society will such things truly function as they should. The world isnt fair....jerks rule the world, money rules the world, fear rules the world. But the world is seldom ruled by charisma and leadership. Jerks are only charismatic to the dimwitted masses. All you really need to rule is a tactic that works.

So...in conclusion...I wouldnt worry too much about the mechanics of charisma or leadership. It's a novelty to be charismatic or a leader, but not all leaders are either charismatic, nor are they particularly good at leading. Many leaders who have millions of followers are just good at letting the people around them do their jobs for them and fooling others into believing they are doing all the work. :) He He He !!! You guys think too much!!!

Your leadership score is based on level (or rather ECL), not just Charisma, in fact Charisma is generally only a small part of it.

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

The first page is an old version (it still has the 'Noon' typo).

I suspected that.

I concur in all the positive comments regarding the table of contents; everything looks extremely cool. :)

I suspect historian may enjoy the Tetragrammaton art and that hint is for he alone.

:D

You are too kind sir and I simply can't wait to see this.

Getting quadrilateral on me? :)

Thats only because D&D treats him (Surtur) like a doofus rather than the primordial cosmic powerhouse.

I almost laughed aloud when I read this.

I'm going to enjoy pitting Surtur against one of the Orichalcum constructs.

Galactus was created pre-Ascension, and there are no doubt some discrepancies (notably his artifacts). Once Ascension is finished I will go over Galactus again.

I am sure Abraxas will be waiting for him.

Thanks for the hint dude.

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
Hopefully without going into a religion debate, just skirting the issue:

While I do believe YHWH is GOD, I can also accept the potential that His mere name is an avatar, and as such is a rank or so lower. So... cool.

Rockhoward56

First Post
hello!
Ok For galactus revision , that's a good news!
For Domedon Doxemodon , it's just for the fun , want to see what a trillion Cr could be?
I think too , he's not very interesting for epic play , even cosmic play!
Surtur , surtur!!!!!!!!!! :D
Good luck!

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Fieari said:
Hopefully without going into a religion debate, just skirting the issue:

While I do believe YHWH is GOD, I can also accept the potential that His mere name is an avatar, and as such is a rank or so lower. So... cool.

Interestingly, I was just reading some cabalistic stuff. Which says that the name of God varies according to the state of being you are considering; these states of being (or maybe consciousness) are displayed on the Tree of Life- a diagram of 10 "spheres" interconnected by a web of 22 "paths". YHWH is proper to God only on the bottom 9 spheres- in the highest Sphere, Kether (crown), God's name is AHIH (aleph-heh-yod-heh). ("I am" in Hebrew).

Cabala is speculative, so I don't think there is any offense in giving the cabalistic attribution of a name.

thefnitalian

First Post
Hiya UK

Like everybody else on the boards I too have been patiently waiting for the release of the text version playtest document of assension. Would you tell me more about the lipkins: i am throughly interested in their mechanics as former supreme deities and librarians of the akashric records(universal consciousness)?

Fieari

Explorer
I'd assume that the Lipika have a handful of infinite stats, some omni abilities, and other insanely powerful goodness. You don't want to piss them off. I mean, some librarians can give you really stern looks when you speak too loud or return books late, but these librarians? Yikes!

Remove ads