Immortals Handbook Epic Bestiary (now available)

historian

First Post
Hey U_K! :)

Thanks for providing the update on the website as well as the updated table of contents. :cool:

Sorry to hear that things are taking a bit longer than expected but I can't say I'm completely stunned by the turn of events. :p

In all seriousness though I did notice that in the Table of Contents each deities' divine rank on the second page was included in parentheses after their name while it was not so on the first page. It isn't any big deal but I thought I would point it out for you in case you weren't aware.

BTW, the table of contents look awesome. I'll probably be asking you a few questions here in the coming days if you don't mind.

Good luck in wrapping up! :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
U_K, I just wanted to chime in about posting the rest of the table of contents for Ascension. Nicely done, particularly with the handy glossary there! The second page makes it clear that each of the example deities presented is an example of each divine level, in ascending order (e.g. Morgan Le Fay is a Disciple, etc).

I'm a little surprised that Surtur is an Elder One; he always struck me as being a minor deity. I'm guessing his status is due to either how he predates the Norse pantheon and/or his role in Ragnarrok, yes?

Also, I was very tickled to see that the High Lord is Tetragrammaton. I wonder how many readers will catch that reference. ;)

It goes without saying that I'm looking forward to this!

historian said:

Hiya mate! :)

historian said:
Thanks for providing the update on the website as well as the updated table of contents. :cool:

...even that was late. :eek:

historian said:
Sorry to hear that things are taking a bit longer than expected but I can't say I'm completely stunned by the turn of events. :p

Yes, this is me of course. :uhoh:

historian said:
In all seriousness though I did notice that in the Table of Contents each deities' divine rank on the second page was included in parentheses after their name while it was not so on the first page. It isn't any big deal but I thought I would point it out for you in case you weren't aware.

The first page is an old version (it still has the 'Noon' typo).

historian said:
BTW, the table of contents look awesome. I'll probably be asking you a few questions here in the coming days if you don't mind.

Always happy to help.

historian said:
Good luck in wrapping up! :)

Thanks.

Hi Alzrius mate! :)

Alzrius said:
U_K, I just wanted to chime in about posting the rest of the table of contents for Ascension. Nicely done, particularly with the handy glossary there!

I probably could have added more entries to the Glossary, but thats all that fit the space.

Alzrius said:
The second page makes it clear that each of the example deities presented is an example of each divine level, in ascending order (e.g. Morgan Le Fay is a Disciple, etc).

Yes, thats right. the first page is from an older build and doesn't have all those details.

Alzrius said:
I'm a little surprised that Surtur is an Elder One; he always struck me as being a minor deity.

Thats only because D&D treats him like a doofus rather than the primordial cosmic powerhouse.

However, Surtur's Avatar should comfortably fill the role of the more familiar D&D incarnation, albeit with a bit more va va voom than his D&Dg counterpart, most notably in terms of his artifacts. :cool:

Alzrius said:
I'm guessing his status is due to either how he predates the Norse pantheon and/or his role in Ragnarrok, yes?

Exactly. Each Pantheon typically has three adversaries that are not strictly part of the 'pantheon' but were created more as a cosmic balance:

1. A Destroyer (Elder One)
2. Cosmic Umbilical Cord (Greater Deity...typically a dragon or dragon-like)
3. God-Slayer (Intermediate Deity)

For the Norse Pantheon that would be Surtur, Jormungandr and Fenris Wolf. The Mesopotamian would probably be Apsu, Tiamat and Kingu...etc.

Alzrius said:
Also, I was very tickled to see that the High Lord is Tetragrammaton. I wonder how many readers will catch that reference. ;)

Glad you liked it! :D

I suspect historian may enjoy the Tetragrammaton art and that hint is for he alone. ;)

Alzrius said:
It goes without saying that I'm looking forward to this!

Then you shouldn't have said it! :p

Rockhoward56

First Post
Hello!

HI U-k! happy to see the second index page!
What about the preview of Surtur??? :p
And about Domedon Doxemedon , because your High Lord has another strange name lol
maybe in Grimoire or another book?
Can't wait for Ascension want the rules for divinity , feats etc.
And your website , you' ve made the stats for galactus as a Old One , before rules for ascension, maybe it's challenge ratings is no longer correct, with all the cosmic stuff to come with this release?? ;)

Good luck pal , and good work!

Rockhoward56

First Post
yo!

hello!
Ok For galactus revision , that's a good news!
For Domedon Doxemodon , it's just for the fun , want to see what a trillion Cr could be?
I think too , he's not very interesting for epic play , even cosmic play!
Surtur , surtur!!!!!!!!!! :D
Good luck!

Rockhoward56

First Post
yo

hello!
For Domedon Doxemodon , it's just for the fun , want to see what a trillion Cr could be?
Good luck!

Rockhoward56

First Post
hello!
Good luck!

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Im thinking that people are forgetting something here...cohorts have cohorts too. At least thats always been my ruling. think of it this way. You join the army. You joined because your father joined and his before him and so on. When you join your loyal to your friends. Then a friend gets promoted, you keep being loyal. He in turn is loyal to some higher ranking guy. You think that higher ranking guy is a dick. So why do you stay? Are you the higher ranking guys cohort? :):):):) no...ur your friend's cohort. Even if a high level god has only CR15+ Minions, his minions in turn would have CR1+ minions of their own. That's why there's a command structure in organizations. Take me for example...I hate president bush. But Im loyal to this country because of the family and friends I have here. His charisma is about a 2...by all rights he should have no followers, but this country is filled with people who have low wisdom scores and refuse to think for themselves. The same circumstances could apply to fantasy campaigns. Even idiots with bad personalities can rule the land, provided even bigger idiots allow such an atrocity. High charisma scores and leadership skill dont truly help much when your using fear to rule the land. High charisma and leadership can help...but they are quite optional from any realistic standpoint. Only in an idealized society will such things truly function as they should. The world isnt fair....jerks rule the world, money rules the world, fear rules the world. But the world is seldom ruled by charisma and leadership. Jerks are only charismatic to the dimwitted masses. All you really need to rule is a tactic that works.

So...in conclusion...I wouldnt worry too much about the mechanics of charisma or leadership. It's a novelty to be charismatic or a leader, but not all leaders are either charismatic, nor are they particularly good at leading. Many leaders who have millions of followers are just good at letting the people around them do their jobs for them and fooling others into believing they are doing all the work. :) He He He !!! You guys think too much!!!

Remove ads